1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Looks like you've come to similar conlcusions to me re: in-game settings for VR and to minise the effects of the weather/time of day.... I've spent countless hours (Literally over a hundred now) tuning after each release/driver updates etc.... latest optimums always stored here - AMS VR G2 Settings

I apprecaite the challenges and I'm not trying to be difficult here, the fact is that the delta in performance between dry/day and wet/night is so big that it makes one setup for all sub-optimal for VR users and it's SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GAME with amazing day night and weather :)

- Until we have 5090's or better, it's unlikely we'll have the power to run at 90fps at ultra settings at the full-res of the headset with capacity for all conditions...
    - Therefore as I said, we either run a config for each with minimal headroom so it's looks the best it can, or a lower "one-for-all" config.
    - If the former which is what I run, you can find yourself in MP lobbies, transitioning to night/wet and the VR experience then falters, meaning you drop out which makes me sad.
    - Therefore for now, the only real option is optimisation.... so...

- We know it's lighting from behind that's the main issue (and the resulting shadows I guess)
    - Has any work been done to look at cheaper lighting calculations for AI/Non-player cars?

I think ultimately I'm dreaming about something as simple as AI_CARS_CAST_SHADOWS = false switch (or similar) somewhere that IS a silver bullet... and I'm geniunely interested if Reiza have looked into this with/without SMS help to evaluate one way or the other - as I beileve it'd be worth the time/effort.

If there's nothing that can be done on the lighting front, then it'll be great to know... we'll suck it up and adapt the settings we have accordingly, but I'm genuinely curious as in the dev world, magic happens and many others have unpicked gfx engines and made improvements for newer gfx cards/features.

If not, then I guess the other options are to lower the overall gfx computational effort with upscaling through FSR via the mod which works to a degree, or perhaps (I'm properly dreaming here) DLSS sometime... maybe... *crosses fingers*.

Right, enough rambling/dreaming - if there's any more info you could share @CrimsonEminence on behalf of the team then it'd be really appreciated.

Cheers and keep up the cracking work - this game has and continues to provide the community and I countless hours of joy.

Thank you
    Rob

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

Is that new button on the home page the one you said would restart the race if I clicked it while in the race?

3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

im pretty sick and what would help raise my mood would be a dev update. just saying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, if you click next session once the race has started, it restarts the race, this one does work, had to use it in our league race last week, there is a delay once you clicked it though

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t think we would need 5090‘s because as I mentioned it worked in the past already with night/rain…

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

There is also something odd about AMS2 when running VR. I was going to investigate if there might be a bad shader at play so tried using 3DMigoto to hook into AMS2 so I could start to disable individual shaders in turn and see if that gave me a FPS boost whilst on track in the rain and judge what the visual effect of disabling the shader was. But I can't get it to hook AMS2 in VR. Works fine in things like DCS in VR, but AMS2 just doesn't play ball in VR with 3DMigoto so I couldn't investigate that further either.

So its not like I am just complaining, I have made attempts to find more info, test scenarios and provided feedback previously. Would be great if Reiza threw us a bone at least.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like the changes made to the ICM, it was desperately needed. Well done Reiza.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

i agree, just started the game to see what you meant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The real licensing holdup issue:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

All I'm saying is, a kidney or 2 for a proper Super Tourer seems like a fair trade to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Update by the lead dev:

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

After renato publishes the Dev Update, people will charge the game update, after the game update comes out, people will charge another Dev update, then they charge another game update... AMS2 will have to be infinite...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're welcome, glad to be able to help!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Something I've been wondering for a while is: is there any known fix for cars bouncing up and down wildly when missing both wheels on a certain side? (eg LF and LR) It's a little immersion breaking I feel but it's been a thing since day 1 so I'm thinking it's just an engine quirk

16. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

I created a own Champioship with mandatory Pitstops. The Race has 15 laps. Crewchief says to me that the Pitwindow opens in lap 14 that means in the last lap. I can stop anytime but the all AI drivers stops in the last lap. I see nothing were I can change that.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. macbtz

macbtz Member

It's an old bug, however if you do an individual race everything is correct. It only happens in custom championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Happy Dad 242

Happy Dad 242 New Member

Hello Reiza,

Love the sim,

But I noticed some of the paint jobs just stopped working for the Stock Car Corolla 2021, specifically the Texaco car and the first green car (cant remember the logo)...

upload_2022-3-13_18-37-10.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, there is a mistake with some liveries, it's known and will be fixed!

• Informative Informative x 5
  20. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

I would like to have either the ability to chose which AI are in my custom championship or have the AI stop picking the same livery as I do whenever, and it's literally every single time, I try to create a custom championship. I dig this sim. It looks great, it drives well. I like it... Just would like this thing to be fixed so I can do a championship with F1 cars and keep tabs on team points. I mean, it should just work that way... no one wants to see duplicate cars on a grid. We want realism...

• Agree Agree x 4