1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo trucks at street tracks are fun:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

That simple solution work for pit strategy and it is all I needed. I don't worry about the "Adjustment" on page 1 at all. See video

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@FS7
    Yes, but I am talking about real life. One mistake and they end up in a building or spectators. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since an anti-aliasing algorithm is GPU expensive, one of single best trick to get a massive boost in FPS is to simply lower your MSAA to medium. Most people would not even be able to see a difference, especially in VR.

For further FPS boost, turn off motion blur and Depth of field (DOF), (extremely expensive) during rain since the z-buffer and velocity vectors for the rain must be computed with the rain. Lower your shadows to low or medium and rain should start working fine. Turn down your reflections (both regular and environment) to low or medium, they will get you a lot of FPS gain during rain. All the suggested above settings, would also work well across all weather/time scenarios and a be a good default setting.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When you use the http api, and click on status (old) at the left side, you have the options on that page to restart the server, go to next session, if the current session is the race, it will restart the race if you click that.
    You can also kick and ban people from that page.

6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had shadow flicker in vr until i set shadows to ultra, I have most other settings to low or medium and it get mostly good framerate, unless I decide to race a full grid at night in the rain at Daytona

• Like Like x 1
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

OK, fair enough, but the strange thing for me is that it wasn't this bad on initial release. Racing in the rain did not have such a severe impact for me as it does now. (RTX3080/11900K). Not only that, but turning down all the settings does not have much effect in terms of restoring frame rate in rain, hence why I thought (think) something got broken along the way that needs identifying. Some very inefficient shader added for example. It used to run miles better in the rain.

Some games seem to render much better weather with less impact. FH 5 for example (although not playing that in VR true).

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

So I got the server up and running. I am able to advance to the next session. However, clicking that button does not seem to restart the race. Nothing I do restarts the race.

9. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

No one is asking for a fix... It's optimisation we are after. If that means removing some light sources then in vr it's a work around that is worth trying. Might not suit you VFX but others would like some optimisation of possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm this. Even with my high end system (RTX3090) I can’t drive in rain/night anymore in VR, although I could in the past when using the smallest FOV on my Pimax 8k+.
    Only solution would be reducing the resolution scale but then the image quality suffers a lot with my headset (pixelated flickering image).
    Sad, because it worked great in the past.
    At least at sunny daylight conditions it’s still great in VR.
    Waiting for optimisations or fix to bring VR performance back at night/rain…

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Roy Niessink

Ok, im not at my pc right now, but i will have a look, i am using some modified webfiles, to get the next session button on the main page, will see if i can send you those later

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

That should be the top priority, beside fixing the ICM to allow for macro and automation. And adding a "FAVORITES" feature like Pcars 2 did would be great appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I not useless.
    where i live , long narrow straight street with nothing near to calculate the distance, you can spot a car with light better and sooner in daylight also, and you can determine in which direction is going.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Beccobunsen

You have one for most modest 3d Artist? :p:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Beccobunsen

An
    And how many VR user are in %?

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are going to use the macro to adjust the strategy itself, we have far too few options in the new ICM, and I need too many buttons. I also think it's impossible to let the macro find a fixed starting point. moreover, the ICM changes my strategies and overwrites them and changes the order.
    I prefer the possibility to choose a predefined strategy per button and the possibility to make temporary changes with the ICM that do not override my strategies and maintain the order

17. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, noticed the same. Think it started with the introduction of American Pack where the Default+ FFB was released.
    Hockenheim for instance, was always undrivable. But also Road America (not tried 1.3.4 yet) has lots of microstuttering, which I can also feel to a lesser extent on other content too now (even some small screen freezes). Frametimes are simply not fluid and my system isn't the worst one in the world for sure (3700x / 6800 XT).

I loved to do some online racing stuff, when things worked reasonably, but right now I can't be bothered to do lots of driving because of those issues.

Content is great, the new Indys are really asking to be driven far more, yet it simply isn't an enjoyable ride in VR at the moment. (especially comparing it with a full optimized rf2 experience in the right conditions, which is REALLY smooth right now for me)

18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone here use "Geforce expirience"?
    If so let it be.
    Can cause such stutters and more.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with you that "something" changed but it's hard to pinpoint what that something is. I also agree with you that a bad shader could be 1 cause (too much bouncing reflection samples, or an accidental texture that was left at a really high in resolution).

For example, if I use the new F-USA cars, and I have MSAA at high then I get micro stuttering (Monza, Guapore), I couldn't find any other car with such issue. Perhpas, since those cars have been rushed to market, modelling errors could have introduced or object level properties such as blackface culling setting has been forgotten.

upload_2022-3-12_9-25-44.png

Also, I have seen changes in Nvidia drivers that negatively impacts performance.

Another hypothesis could be the rain could initially have been a 2D sprite layer, but to add more realism and more depth, perhaps the 3D FX artists added particles with 3D geometry (flat planes) but maybe they accidently they left the option of dual side (2 faces) or made each particle reflective.

Also, depending on the time of day and the density of the rain you pick, the engine adds some "volumetric" patches of fog during rain. It looks great and it's very cool to seem during early morning light fog, but such visual enhancement could have been added recently, thus further impacting FPS. I recommend turning off the "crepuscular rays" in the rendering settings. The combination of "rays" and "volumes", even motion picture rendering, are taxing.

TIP
    Since I turned my MSAA to medium, I'm now able to use any rain weather setting, and get steady 120 fps since it's not trying to remove the aliasing across a large amount of particles...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Roy Niessink

Hi, extract the zip in your server folder, then edit the staticWebFiles: "web_files" line in server.cfg to staticWebFiles: "web_files_betorobson"

restart your server, now you have a jump to next session button on the mainpage, also when you click on a name at the bottom in the playerlist you can kick players there.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1