1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Lucaschevy

Lucaschevy New Member

Very nice AI update!!!. The only thing that needs to be improved is that groups are formed, and the first of the group is always slower than the rest, when they overcome it, the slowest is the one who overcomes it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Given the setbacks (pandemic, Ukraine) that Reiza has had to cope with, I think everyone at Reiza can be very pleased with themselves for producing a modern F1 car, Stock Car Brazil 2022 and a brand-new circuit for Brazil's premier racing series. They do Brazil proud.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice looking update, haven't played much for a while as I generally just do custom championships and the session start times are broken, have been for the last few releases. Anyone know if this is fixed but just did not make the change log?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Couple of notes:
    -the goal with the setups is to provide one balanced one, that is simple enough to adjust for preference. No need to provide 2 setups that majority of players would find fault with in one way or the other (too understeery or to hard to handle). I played Pc2 and this was the way that sim played out. The Balance is confirmed by telemetry and if the natural tendency for the car is to turn in, its going to turn in. (Check the weight bias and wheelbase. If its more rearward, the cars will turn in more. If the wheelbase is short it will rotate more.)
    -The twitchiness of the stock cars is due to the power they bring to the table and the fact that tires don’t handle lateral and longitudinal force well. The “not being rewarded” for drifting is part and parcel to this. Too much power when the rears are stretched laterally and they will give out. Throttle patience and short shifting are some recommended techniques.
    -Aero being adjusted for the F1 cars is almost a requirement now. The 2022 has so much DF at high speed in the rear part of the car, a strong front wing is needed (places like pouhon). The setup is designed to handle all tracks reasonably well. If you like more front end stability, add some mechanical stiffness to the front (arb or springs or both), reduce rear rebound dampers, camber the front tires less. If the corner exit is too touchy, soften the rear and add front main damper rebound stiffness. The car and setup are somewhat sophisticated and any amount of setup knowledge will be rewarded.

• Informative Informative x 20
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster TX
    Using the same settings as pre-update, the FFB on the 2022 Stockcar is very grainy and notchy when turning.
    ingame:75/15/30/50
    Stockcars seem to have a bit more grip, brakes are much better, tho the base tune needs work and you can still slide around in corners and has a lot of understeer in high-speed corners.
    I really can't get a good feel in corners due to the grainy feel.

Will the two new vehicles be added to the Championship mode for release?

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which FFB flavor are you using? Default or Default +?

7. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

TM Profile:100/100/100/0/20

8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Perhaps the 'consistency' parameter will determine the likelihood of an AI mistake? Would be great to confirm though so we can all set Mazepin to 0.001

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I wonder when Reiza will implement a drag mode so that we can make good use of those runways at Cleveland & Galeao.
    Also, has anybody figured out the takeoff schedule at Galeao? I saw planes taking off twice, I think I got lucky and juts happened to be facing the right way when they took off.

Thanks for the detailed info!

F-Ultimate G1 has improved considerably since when I first got the game (June 2021), it can still be tricky to drive sometimes but it feels more predictable with default setup.
    F-Ultimate G2 is interesting, it handles differently than G1, so it will be interesting doing races with both cars at the same tracks to compare the differences.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  10. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

only the three old paintings are included

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes and there will be more info inbound within the custom Ai thread..

Could you please provide all your session details..

• Like Like x 3
  12. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Damn, These new 2022 Formula cars are a blast.
    I'm feeling it big time, the ERS system is much fun, the drag is incredible aswell, the sound design is a big up. Massive kudo's!

Only had the medium tyres be the white pirelli line just like some reiza backers said before this week
    Whilst one of the brazilian preview vids had a yellow medium tyre. Is this already being fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  13. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Read the whole thread and first off bravo Reiza! Thank for your massive efforts.
    A question...what happens in mp when someone is on beta and some isn't?
    Or is it no mp with these betas?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Justin Trocano

Justin Trocano New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did some races with the Formula Ultimate Gen2. The car drives really nice, great job on the physics. Please look at the AI with this car though. The AI are extremely slow on the straights with this car, at all tracks. Makes it very tricky to race against. Even without DRS or using the slipstream I am just blowing by AI cars with the AI strength at 100%.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the report I have raised this internally.

• Like Like x 6
  16. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gen2 is a nice upgrade so thank you for that. The overall feel of the car is much more realistic and it certainly is fun to drive. The tires feel more like tires in this car.

EDIT: Also wanted to say that the halo is perfect. A lot less intrusive for non VR users. Thank you for that as well. It isn't distracting.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  17. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Thanks so much REIZA !!!

It's absolutely stunning what you have done and delivered during this hard times !
    I had a first look tonight and I am really overwhelmed by this update !
    Driveability of the new cars , both F Ultimate Gen2 and the Stock Cars is better than ever.
    They are working pretty good just "out of the box".
    The new track is absolutely awesome !

Here's a "quick and dirty" done first look video I have created tonight.
    Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There does seems to be some odd curb behavior that remains in the game. I usually notice it if I have 2 tires off and I try to maneuver the car back on track. It feels like something prevents the car from going back on track and sort of locks it into a line. It happens in a variety of cars at different tracks.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, I'm absolutely stunned at how fun this car is to drive.

Did some laps around quite a few circuits, and it's a proper beast for sure. Easy to drive, but it forces you to respect curbs and bumps more than the previous gen. The ERS controls are a massive improvement and a huge part of the strategy with these cars IRL.

Side note: the tweaks to the Gen 1 Ultimate have made it feel (and especially SOUND :cool:) significantly better imho. Idk if it's the ERS deployment, turbo spool, or tire adjustments. Whatever it is, it feels the best it's been since launch.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

Great news! I'm excited to check out the new AI behaviour!

:hurrayreiza: