1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I had the same issue, you have to opt-out of release candidate manually.
    On Steam client right-click Automobilista 2 > properties > betas > none.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gixxerovios

gixxerovios New Member

Yes i did but isnt version 1.3.6.1 supposed to be released?

3. gixxerovios

gixxerovios New Member

Ok ;)

4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Everything looks fine with your setup reset although there is only one thing I find a little odd, is that you have Engine Braking even though the value is zero. I am curious does it allow you to alter this value..?

5. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is released and 1.3.6.1 is the latest version. Keeping the [release candidate] branch on Steam should mean you'd get next release candidate automatically once available.

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, I will have to try that and see if it works. I did not see that setting in NV CP, will have to look closer, cheers.

7. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

+1000

Audio is one of the areas where I’m eager to see (hear?) what’s next. The Cup interior sounds are JUST. SO. GOOD. Looking forward to seeing some of these developments applied across other categories as well. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  8. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Regarding the setup menu, and sorry for changing de topic, I think it would be nice to include something to know de minimum and maximum value for each setting (or a bar like ACC).

Another thing to improve is the grear rates.
    If you reduce 1 clic the 6th gear, it becomes the same as the 5th.. and it happens with all gears (also in the incremental). Is imposible to adjust one gear just a little.

Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Walter Cardillo

Walter Cardillo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great feedback on the Super V8's. I'm glad not just me that has trouble driving these cars. I haven't tried the new update because I have found these cars frustrating to drive. I have a Leo Bodnar DD wheel and I find the car hunts when driving in a straight line, no real tyre feel/scrub through the wheel. The back end of car slides very easily going up the mountain at Bathurst no matter how gentle I am on the throttle. I hope these latest updates improve the drive-ability of this car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I am by no means a programmer but to me there seems to be something wrong with the msaa implementation. I have just tried the btcc cars on rfactor 2 at donington and there are significantly less jagged edges then ams 2 at x8. Just wondering if there is something fundermentaly wrong like some of the previous physics errors from pc2.

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is normal in some cars like GT3s where only certain ratios are allowed. Not sure if SV8 falls in the same regulatory limitations case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

Depends... games nowadays use multiple AA solutions on their rendering pipeline, stacked on top of each other. You could have something like MSAA only, or MSAA + TXAA together. So that makes pinpointing the issue a bit harder, without seeing actual images and being able to turn settings on and off.
    Also, if other post-processing effects, like volumetric fog, is rendered in the wrong place, if can mess up the rendering on the layers below that, creating artifacts that do look like jagged edges. Making that part of the rendered object look lower-res than the rest of the image. Video card manager software can also mess with post processing, in some cases.

It could be the MSAA, as you mention, but usually, MSAA algorithm is pretty straight forward. Or it could be something else. Not knowing the full stack of post process effects that Rfactor2's rendering pipeline uses doesn't help, either.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  13. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Yes you make very good points. With the recent physics updates it would just become the perfect sim with some polishing on the graphics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Hi,

I wasn't talking about thr SV8 specifically.. I think (cannot ensure 100%) , the ratios issue happens im the GT3 also.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not an issue.

GT3 cars aren't allowing for gear changes by regulations.

You will basically always get this "same ratio like lower gear" thing with "restricted" gearboxes in the game. A bit inconvenient, don't disagree, but it reveals quickly what is an adjustable gearbox and what isn't.

The game can only pick from a number of ratios that are given to a car and logically it takes one that is also applied to another gear then, when a gearbox only allows for a given set of gears and you try to make a change.

So you can apply to each gear only the ratios, that you have applied from 1st-6th gear by regs anyway. (GT3)

For SuperV8 you can change the final gear btw.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

In game there seems to be different behaviours between cars when gearing can't be changed - some act like described - offering choices from certain ratios, but others simply offer no changes - even amongst ratios. For the sake of consistency (and my sanity) I would ditch the first way and stick with the second.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the Super V8 drives very well. However, I had to take the brake distribution forward and make the chassis a little harder. I shift the car sequentially with clutch and heel & toe.

• Like Like x 2
  18. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to try my TrackIR profile you can download it here

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thankyou, will give it a go

20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In real life V8SC use a drop gear ratio for specific race rounds although this is something we can not utilize at the moment hence why the ratios are free to change per gear. We have a new 3.27:1 final drive ratio that should help with Bathurst..

• Informative Informative x 4