1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Good Morning! I will post a custom file tonight. But it's less about the custom file (small adjustments) and more about the in-game and Fanatec settings. There will be 2 ways to drive the custom file. Each has its strengths and weaknesses, but I'll write about that later. It should be particularly exciting for Fanatec owners, whether dd or belt-base. See you soon and greetings from Daniel:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want more slide effect at the rear when accelerate change this number less then 20 (dont remove the # symbol)… original karsten’s value are 15 …
    #(FL_slide (min 1 (/ FL_scrub 20)))
    #(FR_slide (min 1 (/ FR_scrub 20)))
    (RL_slide (min 1 (/ RL_scrub 20)))
    (RR_slide (min 1 (/ RR_scrub 20)))

If you want more lightness during accel….
    (accel_feel 0,35) —-> go up 0.45-0.65-0.85 or 1.00

If you dont solve it … when i return (now are far from home) whatch if re-implement in the ATMOS the item that i removed front_grip_feel and rear_grip_feel

• Like Like x 1
  3. nicsos123

nicsos123 youtube.com/nicsos123 AMS2 Club Member

Do we have somewhere a description of how the custom ffb of ams2 works? I mean, is an explanation of the commands out there for those who wants to make their own ffb? I know much about this ffb since made a lot of experience on pcars2, but it would be great if we could have an explanation of all the commands.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Danielkart

As promised my Custom file. I think there are 2different types for the in-game and base settings at Fanatec. The main difference is the damping and the LFB value. Try it out and decide on your preference. My personal preference is variant 1 and even with 0% NDP, but that's not for everyone. Have fun and have a nice evening Greetings from Daniel:)
    Version 33

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Danielkart

Addendum : Variant 1 makes better use of the game's excellent FFB than variant 2, but it is much more difficult to keep the (oscillations) under control. Variant 2 dampens more and uses the FFB from the base. Hence the big difference in the FEI value, which I didn't understand for a long time because people had such differences. In the end, as always, it's a matter of taste which one feels better. And maybe it had that aha effect on other Fanatec owners that I have. Nice weekend:)

6. Steve D

Steve D New Member

@Kuku Maddog how are you getting on with your new file, since the latest game update? Would love to give it a go, if and when available. All the best to you.

7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

One day :whistle:
    i’ve got a lot going on at home at the moment and also broke my pedals and in process of fitting new ones and trying to get them how i like .
    Plus i keep finding little micro improvements. I like to test at least half of the different classes of car before i settle on things .
    but testing time has been limited to small sessions in between league races and such .
    I don’t wish to add to the clutter in this thread as i think it’s a bit of a confusing mess and will just take a step back now , as the files seem to be all over the place and not heading in a direction that i’m interested in using. but i keep a lazy eye on development to see if there’s any gold flecks in the shingle, just in case .

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Danielkart

Stakanov I haven't been able to test your custom yet, but I'll definitely do so this weekend. Looking through your file, I noticed (steer_spring_strength_feel ). Rack_spring is also implemented with strength_feel. I know from my file that it bothered me in the FFB when I tried to implement it. Maybe it will bring you or your boys something to know or to test? See you soon and greetings:)

9. Steve D

Steve D New Member

No problem mate. Just asking because I've always really liked the files which you and Karsten produced. I'll keep an eye out in case you decide to post an update but if not, all the best to you!

10. mikemav3

mikemav3 New Member

@Steve D I know what you mean, I use Kuku's last file along with a "paddock profile" on Simucube 2 True Drive online shared there by a user, made for Kuku's files to use w/ SC2. That's been a great combo for me, but I am not sure if things have changed enough with the new tire model recent updates to AMS2 that warrant trying something else? What have you found, do you still race with the latest version from Kuku since AMS2 updates, or found anything good with the newer updates posted here from others? I will give the others a try hopefully this weekend...

11. Stakanov

@Danielkart no test for now maybe I can publish an update 1.3 that removes all the errors of ATMOS early birth 1.0/1.1 (typo, haste and a few tests) ... I'm home only tonight to change suitcase and leave ... I will disappear again .... o_O

12. Danielkart

Stakanov I was able to quickly test your custom. For me, steer_spring_strength_feel 0.7 definitely needs to be deleted from the rack settings. Or just enter steer_spring_strength 0.7. Also from the rack spring code I just typed (steer_spring_strength). Immediately an extremely good feeling. Of course that was just a quick test, I have to do more testing this weekend. Unfortunately I don't get any feedback from your guys at all, but it would also be important for me to know how or what you feel or could improve on your and my custom file. We're getting closer and closer as I look through the files as well. Greetings

13. Danielkart

Maybe it's better if I wait for you until you can test again. For me, only you have this feeling for the ffb. I don't mean that in a bad way for the other people, but Stakanov can best share my feeling for the ffb with me. Take your time and we will find time to make our custom even better. good time Stakanov

14. Stakanov

Until Grip & Streach 2.1 the various files were continuous refinements of something already defined and only to be perfected, since I extended the modification of the original Karsten file (to all the code on all 4 wheels except the momentum rack) with the ATMOS the whole force base has changed, it is not easy to find the balance, I found myself in conjunction with the 1.3.6.1 upgrade which also changed the cards on the table. The first two versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the Atmos were/are therefore quite crude, poorly optimized and above all full of badly typed code in a hurry, I'm sorry if, despite warning that it had to be improved and corrected, someone lost the right way, faith or who knows what!

I only open a parenthesis that I close immediately, I use and view everyone's files, I don't exclude even one and if I have to use even just one value and the rest no, I do it, but I WILL NEVER CRITATE EVERYONE, because, if I had to do it, I should also have a solution to propose to those who criticize in order to improve it on its basis, otherwise I would criticize it to achieve what??
    Most of you make tunes, that is, adjust the preset values, few modify the code and the structure, therefore the changes made remain in the sphere of personal taste and being such I can hardly criticize them because they are not structural changes (THAT EVERYONE USES AND SHARE THE VALUES AND FILES YOU WANT).

So thanks to those who directed, advised and helped me here on the forum and in private, I hope that this version 1.2 of the ATMOS will be the first to become stable, so as to start improving it as much as possible, otherwise it will be the next, or the next one ... i hope you can help me constructively as done up to now ... and if not you like it, patience.

1.2.jpg

As usual, two Atmos 1.2 files and two Grip & Stretch 2.1 files (with and without YAW) ... as usual I attach the last original Karsten's file .... ;)

Name: MOD ATMOS 4.1 (4xFX.1WHEEL) V.1.2 (with & without "Yaw") based on 5.0.1.4
    (ALL REVISITED)

Name: MOD GRIP & STRETCH V.2.1 (with & without "Yaw") based on 5.0.1.4

Name: rFuctor 5.0.1.4 Original Karsten Files

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  15. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Daniel,
    When you test Stakanovs custom. do you change to his recommended values for DD, keep the original or do change to your values?

16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps a stupid question but what is the different between Yaw and without Yaw and Atmos or Mod Grip&Stretch ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danielkart

Hello Lars! Of course I change my dd values, but I also test it with the original values. I just got back from testing. The Atmos file has the big tearing and tugging on the steering again. The stretch file has a lot of latency. As I said, I will only test again when Stakanov has the opportunity. I'm stopping that for now. regards:)

18. Stakanov

Both fiiles are based on the rFuktor 5.0.1.4, above all the base code is that, only some values and coefficients are taken from 5.0.1 because the judgments received are more pleasant to the majority, but the code will always be the last file by Karsten, my Mods follow its development step by step. The whole Karsten file starts from the "calculation of all the forces" (which are mainly front and lateral and then only some necessary rear forces), everything is united in the "momentum rack" and finally the construction of the "road" is added to this. "and the various" effects "generally transmitted only by the front wheels.

I am exploring the extent of all the calculation, the way and the effects for all 4 wheels leaving unchanged if possible the heart or the Momentum Rack, let's get to the files:
    - the previous Grip & Stretch (arrived at V2.1) owes its name to the insertion of the Grip function on the front and to the strong increase in Stretch compared to the original, to which my tuning was then applied, is a file more stable, because it was born longer and tuned to all the summations of the changes that you users find pleasant. Compared to the original it incorporates the calculation of all the forces on the 4 wheels (not only the front) and the effects extended on all 4 wheels, the rest is the same as 5.0.4.1 which remains inside it.
    - the latest ATMOS, owes its name because now only the Momentum Rack has remained original, the rest has all been extended to all 4 wheels, so both the calculation of the forces, both the road and the effects are now 4x. Having been born yesterday, and including many more forces than the previous file, it has only suffered from a lack of correct calibration that we will find more and more, but for me the potential is enormous with many possible different future uses ... therefore we have both the original 5.0.1.4 and the Grip & Stretch2.1.

I have so many ideas in my head, more items, settings to develop, code to manipulate ... I think we can go far, I think I can have fun, study, deepen and experiment ... I don't give a damn about making the best file of another ... and I certainly do not want to make only tunes, frankly, some will be better than the others, but everyone can easily make the harmony they believe, can share it and also become a successful tune, but mind you who did not invent any files.
    THE THANKS FOR THE INSTRUMENT WE HAVE TO KARSTEN, THE ONLY ONE WHO WRITES THE NEW CODE AND SHARES IT PUTTING IT AT THE DISPOSAL OF ALL OF US, WHO WE JUST HAVE FUN TO TUNE IT AND WE ALSO BELIEVE WE ARE SCIENTISTS !!!!

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Then I have to add a slight scientific correction:

* It's "rFuktor", not "rFaktor", a small, and big, difference :)

Stakanov, thank you for all your continued and awesome collaborative efforts here, that is what it is ALL about. I hope you are in good spirits and wish you a full recovery as soon as possible!

Best,

-K

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Stakanov

For now I can't dear @Danielkart , my liquids are changing and they will have to overhaul me like cars, all for at least a week or maybe two and then I hope there is an opportunity to unify the experiences ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 11