1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino New Member

There are dozens of different series across the country, with more or less the same specs: 60's Ford Falcon, Chevrolet Nova, Dodge Polara (or an local version of the dart), and IKA Torino (a Rambler restyling), with tubular chassis, and a 4.0 L inline 6. Gearbox can be seq or H-Pattern, depending on the series. The most important (Turismo Carretera itself) runs on built-from-the-ground spec cars resembling the originals, with slick tyres and roughly 450-500 HP. Very demanding to drive because of the lack of hydraulic or assisted steering and the cars being relatively heavy (1300-400 kg).
    It's very V8 Supercars or NASCAR-esque on the concept, and it's history is very similar to those series, altough it was far more focused on rallies-like events in the past.
    Do not confuse that kind of cars with the TC 2000, which despite the name is a totally different series. These are full spec FWD touring cars, very similar to BTCC or TCR cars, using a turbo i-4 or a NA i-4.

tldr: TC ----> opalas on steroids, TC2000-------> Copa de Marcas cars

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

No needed, its like a Karttrack in real life they also don't have and you can brake on the right spot.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Dady Cairo Look at the ground. There are white lines that are the brake markers.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Did so in MP-test,but i thoght it would be fine.If there are no in real life than it is like that.
    Thanx:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so much for your fantastic explanation! I had read a bit about the history of the series before, but your explanation is so much better. :)

This honestly sounds like one of the coolest things with regards to race cars I can imagine. Heavy cars styled after such classics, no reliance on downforce, lots of power - what's not to love? Sounds like they are real driver's cars, I like that. :D

Now excuse me while I look for historic footage of the series from decades past... (Which I'd also love to see in AMS2 - that would be the cherry on top of our historic content, IMHO!)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

[​IMG]
    Something like this?
    Turismo Nacional Clase 3 (aka TN Clase 3) from Argentina if you want FWD and pure fun. 260/285 hp (2 liters 100% NA engines, rev limiter at 8500rpm), 1078 kg, not aero and a lot of different cars and mad drivers (some professional, some it is a mystery how they learned to drive).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was like mad looking around after seeing that somebody got shots from Termas del Rio Hondo, wondering "where in hell did he/she got that?", then saw this. Massive surprise, massive happiness.

Buenos Aires #12 layout is an insanely fast road course, AFAIK the fastest permanent road course track active in the world nowadays. When Brazilian Porsche Cup came here in 2017, they set average speeds that were near 20 km/h faster than what these cars did at Le Mans on the same year, and gap to Porsche Supercup at Monza was even bigger.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That I will do that. My PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor (6X 3.7GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
    16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz RGB
    AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT - 12GB (VR-Ready)

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you recently updated to new AMD GPU drivers? I'm not sure if they have released new ones already but there were reports about a recent version causing trouble. (Wrong colours, too dark image, tripple screen settings not saving etc.)

Btw. also useful to have your PC specs in your forums signature, this way you don't need to bring it up all the time, when there might be an issue. :)

10. Theodore Schultz

Thanks I will get that added. I actually had to revert to the older driver version because of the "dark shadow" issues you mentioned. I actually just tried to update to the newest version and that has helped with the FPS issue and lag but the very dark shadows are still present. So either an unplayable game due to lag or shadows so dark I cant see the dash of the car...

11. CrimsonEminence

Damn, yeah let's cross fingers that there will a new version by AMD soon then. We didn't change anything on the graphics side in particular which should influence performance, that's the curious thing.

If there are any profiles for the game active in your current driver, try to remove/deactivate them.

12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could we get a post in General Discussion listing classes which have custom ai? Or is there a general rule we can follow (e.g. all included championships have it, etc.)?

13. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that effect of the flexible transmission is not present when using the pit limiter. I tested with gt3, gt4, stock car, gt1, and others. The only car that still has the effect is dpi.
    Is this something planned, or is it a bug in the version?

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

The driveline is still flexible, there was no change.

The pit limiter logic prevents the throttle to limit in the big "wubwub" by picking up speeds in a more reliable way. This prevents the player from occurances that could lead to exceed pit speed limits.

Some torque/rpm configs will still wubb, but the majority of cars should run more consistent speed in the pit limiter now, which is a deliberate change to avoid unwanted rule violations.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I was referring to "wubwub". And thank you very much for the answer:)

16. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if it's a bug but is the onboard sound being really muffled intended.

17. Theodore Schultz

New version was literally just released. Installing now and fingers crossed that it will fix the issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Which car? Which Camera? There was no change for onboard sound clarity. When you are accidentally using helmet cam with activated 3D helmet, onboard sounds will be muffled.

19. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Not clarity but engine volume it sounds like you have a helmet on but not in that cam try the McLaren 720s GT3.
    Edit tried the group a and the bmw sounds normal.

20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Thank you very much for looking into it, will change them.

Could you please take a look into the ingame timekeeping? There seems to be something off, I added screenshots of the last 4 testruns (and these are actually the last 4, I didn't try to look for these times) and in every one you can see there are between 40% and 50% ends with a 0, that can absolutely not be coincidence.
    Also @F1Aussie reported that his own times end on a 0 very often as well, so not sure if it is an AI or a timekeeping issue.

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1