1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

^ 100% Facts!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

We get it, almost everyone did since ever, you can stop stressing about it. For real, only reason we're still having that argument is because you keep bringing it up again despite 95%+ of us already agreeing.
    On a personal note I think it's way more annoying than the people who disagree because there's like.. idk, a couple of them? And they post like once or twice every week, not almost daily..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Oh, I am under no illusions here. I assume there is only a very slim probability that Reiza/Renato will change their behavior.

On the other hand, I really like this sim in many ways. I really wish more people played it. Given that the actual content is quite good, I assume one of the reasons many people have drifted away and/or failed to join the AMS2 community is because something about Reiza has caused a lot of people to harbor mixed feelings. The slipped delivery dates are the easiest issue to point toward---I know they have caused word of mouth about this sim to be worse than it might otherwise be. I therefore really do believe it would be in the sim's long term interest to reestablish a reputation for meeting or beating development timelines rather than delaying them. To the extent that I would be happy to see AMS2 succeed, I'm willing to spend a few minutes typing a comment like this every now and then on the off chance it gives them food for thought. If it works, great. If it fails, well, at least I can rest easy knowing I tried.

I also don't think the probability of change is strictly zero. We know people and firms respond to information and incentives. We also know that Renato at least occasionally reads these threads. (He was nice enough to reply to me a few pages ago.) Finally, we know from Renato's replies that there is at least some debate among the developers about their messaging strategy---not everyone agrees with their typical approach of announcing deadlines and then pushing them back.

Perhaps part of the reason Reiza is slow to change is that whenever delays are announced a vocal contingent of forum users insist on saying "No problem, it's okay, just keep up the routine." If that's the bulk of the information Renato sees, he may conclude that the current process is not worth changing. I'm chiming in here to remind him that he shouldn't think only about the voices of people who still frequent this forum, but also about those of us who have for one reason or another drifted away and now rarely check back in or bother to post anymore. Drawing new users and intermittent users back into the fold is surely one of Reiza's incentives at least as much as retaining frequent posters. If my post gives Renato even the slightest pause for consideration or highlights a relatively costless way of achieving renewed/expanded interest and goodwill, then it'll be worth it.

But, ultimately, of course you're right. Old habits die hard, and at this stage it's a fool's hope that anything will really change. Can't hurt to try, though, apart from a few wasted moments of my lunch break.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

And for what it's worth, I hereby promise not to beat this particular dead horse any farther---at least for a while. =)

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

This from
    'The Man'

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lele

Lele New Member

The sun god has spoken to us mortals. Lol

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Pandemic ended up messing everything out of order - moved in together, married, went on honeymoon, had our wedding party :)

Now that the August Dev Update is out, I hope what was alluded in my earlier posts here make a little more sense :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I hope no one thinks a mixed bag of cars from a Camaro to zillion-dollar supercar (with more coming that will be all over the map) are ever going to be balanced. If you want balance, race identical cars or pick vehicles that are close.

Do we want Reiza to make every unique vehicle have its own class?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Im not sure what "we" want but it certainly brings back memories of pC2 days having Road G class that was pretty well universally moaned about because of the mix of cars in that class.
    Screenshot (352).png

11. RDG

RDG Active Member

Looking great Reiza, nicely done!

2 questions:
    1. Will there be a release candidate for 1.4?
    2. Are working TC/ABS lights in the cockpit planned at any stage? Would really help immersion at night drives since you talked about 24h races.

Edit: see now I posted this in the wrong thread...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 5