1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

yes , odd it didn’t seem to be working for me
    Is there an option somewhere ?

2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I see thanks , yes they seemed to be all packed together doing nothing + not really any suspension movements , I actually didn’t seem to get any drafts, maybe it’s an AI issue

I’m new to AMS2 so still figuring it all out
    ( iracing & rf2 previously )

3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

There seems no cure aganst it,except reinstall.But it is known.

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Too bad, I also have a FUSA Gen3 sliding issue at Fintana. Alos my friends. Its undrivable. Most of them could reinstall, but one has a low internet xonnection. Its gonna be killer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What I found was that at first drive at this track in the Indycars it was like they were on Ice. It was'nt until i went into setups and changed tires from 'Auto By Weather' to 'Speedway Slicks' that the problem then resolved itself. Even if you change from 'Auto' to 'Slicks' and then back to 'Auto' again, it still solves the problem. I mentioned this in one of my streams, seems like a bug maybe.

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anybody driven the GT1 cars at Hockenheim 2001 since the most recent update?

I found the Mercedes to be massively overpowered.

I drove all of the GT1 cars at Hockenheim 2001 with default setups and it occurred to me that the Mercedes did reach 300 at the end of the first long straight (braking at 125 meters ahead of the first chicane) whereas the Porsche and the McLaren only reach 270-275 kph - 280 kph with slipstream.

I also managed to get a 1:56 with the Merc without trying too hard. With the others I stuck in the 1:58s (default setups as well).

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Probably because the Merc was "massively overpowered" in real life on this track as well, I don't think the class is BoPed for 1-lap-speed at least.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm. Just tested at Fontana Oval FUSA Gen 3. What a difference! Was finally able to use weight jacker as well since I had more control of car. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Excellent, glad it helped, and also glad to know its not just me, there's definately something to it then!

• Like Like x 5
  10. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

I think there might be something to this. I now have driven the MercGT4 in March at Virginia north with medium rain and - although on wets - I could not get temperature in the tires and I got again this rear pendulum effect. Watching the replay, I "swear" I could see that, even at very gentle throttle, the yellow writing on the tires at the rear move a tiny bit faster than the fronts.
    Maybe, if there is a non-final tire thread optimization on a car (wets of the merc gt4?), this shows this effect and we feel it as this strange pendulum effect you described that colorful :) Maybe the devs have access to the actual frequencies the tires spin and could veri/ or falsify this hypothesis. Hard to imagine that a tire thread adjustment on all 4 tires can impact the balancing that heavily; there needs to be somewhere a crosstalk to an unwanted secondary effect to change the balancing with this magnitude.

11. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know, how you to tell if you are in a ranked lobby once you are in?

12. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi T, from pits tyres are cold and seems it will always go nuts exiting pit and short shifting even with throttle sensitivity on 0, (ref beta test Fontana) yesterday.
    It would be nice to know the temps of the tyres after your 'fix', in pit to see if if gives you warm tyres and not cold. Will try later today, your fix indicates bug though! certainly if cold after 'fix' on exit.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    First of all i did the integrity check via steam and all was fine. Then i reset setups in game, after in documents folder. Then i deleted steam download cache. Nothing helped so far. Then at the end i deleted AMS2 and AMS2 folder in documents and reinstalled virgin. Since then all is ok.

Regards!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Are the Hot Cars and Formula V10 already fixed?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, finally an explanation that makes sense!!! Thanks so much, @Tarmac Terrorist for discovering and sharing this.

Old set-ups and old versions of tires or other settings have been known to "get stuck" and this behaviour exactly matches using a tire that is not the latest version or the appropriate one for the car.

What would be great to know is if resetting the garage set-up also fixes the problem, or if it requires manually changing the tire selection.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

As I've said before, I haven't really had any of the reported problems other than the ones that Reiza knows about and has acknowledged.

I started the v1,4 era with a clean installation. After each hot fix, I have deleted the, "My Documents" folder to reset my profile, then set it all up fresh. I wrote down my preferred settings and just put them back fresh.

I also re-calibrate my wheel and pedals. And I do my own setups, and I reset to default before working on a new set up. And I never leave the tires on automatic selection. I always choose according to weather.

The F-USA Gen 3 cars are great at Fontana for me. You do have to take a couple of warm-up laps, but after that, they're fast, smooth, and fun to drive.

I may seem a bit OCD to others, but by making sure that everything keeps up with the latest changes, I seem to have evaded all but the officially acknowledged issues. So I guess the extra effort has been worth it. I'm sure having fun. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had reset the garage setup prior and struggled to maintain control, finishing almost dead last at 70 skill and medium aggression. Then tried the “tire” fix and I’m now at 80/medium and winning by a second(starting last of 19) so going to go higher in skill. My times went from high 31s to mid 30s with little or no lifting at Fontana now. I’m a believer.

I also did the complete reinstall deal before when v1.4 launched and it helped overall but not as direct as above.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah well, you see I'm about OCD aswell, I'm one of those who did the total fresh reinstall.. It still happened after that. I love what's been done with the latest update, but it's thrown up one hell of a lotta bugs!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Glad it's helped! As I've already said in an earlier reply, I love so much of the core issues this update has addressed, but it has thrown up a heck of alot of bugs, old and new!

• Winner Winner x 1