1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

So, is Racin' USA pt4 & premium track #6 going to be included in the 2020-2022 season pass? How about Aston Martin & Nissan cars that were teased long time ago, are they part of the 2020-2022 season pass?

3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's all TBD, currently I think he just listed everything they want to get out the door before the end of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FS7

If premium track #6 isn't included that will make a lot of people angry since the Steam store page lists it as being part of the season pass 2020-2022.
    Racin' USA pt4 was promised to be included in season pass 2020-2022 as well as in Racin' USA Full Pack in one of the previous developer updates, so it would be nice to get confirmation on those.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Part 4 was already excluded: it was only part of the full Racing USA Pack IIRC. I think track #6 was meant to be part of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FS7

That's confusing, isn't Racin' USA Full Pack part of season pass 2020-2022 as well as part of Premium Expansion Packs?
    At least that's what it says in the Steam store page.

Are the Steam store pages ever going to be updated to have more accurate info on the contents of each?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some posts removed (some insults and some depending text that would be out of context). I ask you to keep it chill and friendly here or we will close the thread for a while and clean up. Thank you for your understanding. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't there supposed to be another standalone track too?

And how about the racing USA Pt4? will it still be part of the season pass 1?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ettore

Only Part 1-3 as far as I remember as the Pack increased in size during the development of the game after the Season Pass was created. Basically Pt 4 should have never happened in the original plan.

10. Roar McRipHelmet

The Steam store page for the Season Pass says "Racin´ USA - Pack featuring several North American cars and tracks, modern and historical" –– note that it says "pack", not "packs".
    Originally, Racin' USA was announced as a single pack. Later, Reiza decided to increase the amount of content and split it up into several packs. And lately, plans for a 4th Racin' USA pack were announced.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. FS7

OK, if that's the case the I think Reiza really should take the time to update the Steam store pages so that all of them have the most accurate up to date info on what exactly is included in each DLC pack.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, agreed, also, the steam store page doesnt mention anywhere that when we bought the season pass, we only paid for part1 of this or that DLC, other then the racin' USA DLC, which i find very strange to now read that we wont be getting everything, but only a part of it for this season pass.

I think it would have been better if they just named the Supercars pack not part 2, but supercar legends or whatever, and add that to the next season pass, now it just seems to me like they couldnt release it all in time for this year, and decided to chop things up in parts to keep a lot of people happy, which looking at the replies, has worked.

I know they added a lot of extra free stuff nobody asked for, but now it seems to me that it goes to the expense of the DLC packs in the season pass.

I do like the more or less clarity on whats coming, i just feel it shouldnt be called part1, part2 etc,etc,etc

I would also suggest to edit the Steam Store page accordingly, to avoid more misinformation for new customers.

upload_2022-11-23_18-25-22.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

so that means no historic Long Beach. It's really a shame, it's an incredible piece. If you have the opportunity to do a part 2, it would be nice to think about it. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roar McRipHelmet

Reiza was able to update the Steam store page for Season Pass to reflect the extension from 2020-2021 => 2020-2022, so hopefully it's only a question of allocating time for an employee to add info about Monza, a 6th Premium track, and add "Part 1" to the respective packs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pales

Pales Member

Had this have been a recent behaviour change with the AI, I would've provided this information but it is well documented here, and the developers are aware. Just one of those things that is likely going to take a lot of time to get right.

16. Ettore

It was clearly stated in the forum when USA Part 4 was announced. Maybe if Reiza changes the name to Part 4 as something else it will become more clear but I think from the "commercial" standpoint they have all the right to separate the additional work on US cars/tracks from what was originally the scope of work of the season pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i think you're missing my point, i would assume new customers wont look through hundreds of forum pages first to find that info, i know i wouldn't do that, thats for sure....

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Ettore

True but in that case they would not know about Part 4 either...

19. FS7

This is why I felt so confused:
    Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

"we´ve already announced we´ll be offering a Racin´ USA Pt4, and that there will be a sixth Premium Track added to the mix - these will likewise be covered in the existing Season Pass."

• Like Like x 5
  20. Ettore

It was later clarified the decision was to have Part 4 not included in the pass to my knowledge as I was interested too as a SP owner.
    Anyway a clear announcement on all packages would help clearing the table from uncertainties for sure

• Agree Agree x 1