1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

"Sorry boss, I'll be sick Saturday starting 9am UTC -3" :p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Only just realised I messed up the wording through that :p

But yeah, having a proper release date is nice

3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I asked a similar question right at the start of the thread. I have no doubt that Reiza will do right by us, however I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended to 2023. You never know, maybe they've got lots of it done already.

I hope that the other packs will receive the same amount of love as Racin' USA as I'm most excited for Adrenaline and Street Supercars, I'd sooner accept a delay than have those packs rushed but, in fairness, that just doesn't seem like Reiza's style which is why I have so much faith that we wont lose out.

Punctuality has been discussed repeatedly, but one can't accuse them of not pushing the envelope, if anything they deliver more than what they promise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Over many years and several titles, this has so far always been true. But short-term deadlines often require some flexibility given the small size of the team working all these miracles.

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The most likely scenario atm is that we release Pt1 (of 2 or 3 depending on the pack) of each pending DLC in the 2020-2022 Season Pass before the end of the year, with remaining parts early on 2023 (naturally these would still be covered by anyone who already owned the original Season Pass).

It´s worth pointing out that while the schedule for these DLC releases have been stretched considerably since the Season Pass was first made available, they do also pack lot more content into each of them then what was originally planned - without going into details of the non-released packs, we´ve already announced we´ll be offering a Racin´ USA Pt4, and that there will be a sixth Premium Track added to the mix - these will likewise be covered in the existing Season Pass.

It´s always tricky to modify the terms of packs after they´re already being commercialized so it´s plenty understandable that people have complaints about it - but we do try prioritize adding more value those who invested more into the game earlier, both as a reward for their support as well as in consideration for the lack of precision as to what is actually being offered when.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    • Like x 28
    • Informative x 11
    • Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So these talks with indycar hasn't thrown off any of the packs except Racing USA part 3?

7. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

I actually had assumed the remaining packs would be single parters the size of the Racin' USA parts, so learning they're multiple parts is exciting news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you need some "Adrenaline pack" style content to tide you over until then... :whistle:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyIXw6Ft00ePpeSlvEUV_gIEyEwBfUrD5

A shame Pcars2 RX is effectively dead. I ran the Civic RX yesterday around a bunch of tracks just reminiscing on good races I had back when people still played it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CatAstrophe05

deleted

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dps6uX4XPOKeA.gif

Pt. 2&3 of future DLC?!? Yes please!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's only 5 more months left this year, are you sure your company is going to be able to get all that stuff out?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

They vary - Supercars is leaning on being a single pack, while Adrenaline is almost as big as Racin´ USA.

The Historic Track Pack has also evolved to almost double the variants relative to the original plan, for that we´ll most likely keep the original list for the first release, and make the second part part of the next Season Pass.

I do hope to provide a more detailed panorama of these remaining DLCs, what they include and the timeline for their release in the coming months so there is less confusion about what you´re getting with the current Season Pass and other combos, we just need to do it a point where chances for plans to change are minimised so not to add to the confusion.

Not everything is being produced in this timeframe - we have a lot of content from these future DLCs already in the works for years :)

• Like x 22
    • Winner x 11
    • Informative x 4
    • Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

It only just hit me that it's been over a year since Part 1 came out, we've really been racin' in the USA for a while now

Also I wonder how big the game's gonna be come it's final version...I mean we're already talking 74GB as of 1.3.8 so I've got a funny feeling we're gonna see a hard drive eater that could make Call of Duty blush by the time all's said and done (at least the size is all content instead of bloat)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Gotta love all the communication we're getting these days. Adrenaline being almost as big as Racin' USA is awesome to hear, really hoping RX will be a big part of it, fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

@Renato Simioni

Are the tracks and the cars that will arrive all definitive or can it still evolve? I'm just asking to know a bit behind the scenes of game development.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Renato Simioni

Everything is ever evolving always, nothing is definitive until we stop working on it :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice, cant wait to see what the future holds

18. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Could I request a British pack I don't care when but you don't get if you don't ask.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Many thx dude for your „gentle“ answer but I can t remember that the fix of the well known headlight-fps-drop-bug was ask in relation to V1.4?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for clarifying that, I appreciate it.

I absolutely recognise how much extra content you have added to the dlcs and the base game and hope you didn't take my inquiry as a complaint; you guys always go above and beyond, there is no question in my mind about the value of the SP.

Really looking forward to trying the update this weekend and big thanks to you and your team.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1