1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You had to be a Reiza Backer from the beginning,means you bought it before they started to develope the game.now you can't do that anymore.:)

Edit:If i understood you question right.Access to Beta release...
    Edit #2 Understood it wrong.:D

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I think I'm confused about where the season pass ends...
    Today I have the base game, and the season pass 20-22.
    Am I missing any content? Or only after these content updates from the December dev log I'll have to start buying DLC packs?
    I really appreciate any help you can provide.

4. codeREDsim

codeREDsim Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks dude!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Has any of the staff ever replied to your posts about the filters? I feel as though ive seen you ask for this dozens and dozens of times and have never seen a reply. Maybe its impossible to do as you are asking for

6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

This must be the best historic game ever. Can you imagine some historic career stories? No other game can offer anything similar.
    If you can read, it's in the post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the things I've loved about Nitro RX is how they repurposed off-road truck/motocross tracks for RX. You can do this with the Lucas Oil Truck tracks in iRacing (it's good fun, I wish they'd run it as a series), but the cars destroy themselves over the kickers.

I'm curious to see what tracks Reiza bring.

• Like Like x 2
  8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Hard to say, probably not priority at all because it needs some engine job. This year I played so much casual stuff like Grid Legends, Gran Turismo 7 or Forza Horizon 5 that I am rather OK with current version.

9. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon New Member

Holy Smokes I am so excited ..AMS 2 is my only Sim I love ..Another GT3 Car and Manufacture in the Sim is so exciting and welcomed ...As a Kiwi Bathurst 1983 with the GT Classic class or the Omega will be so cool and Authentic.and with Supercars with Classic Skins from race department...Keep up the Updates dude ..
    Ps cant wait for that Adrenaline pack

• Like Like x 1
  10. ANJAROO

ANJAROO New Member AMS2 Club Member

Very much looking forward to this update!

But I have to give my input as someone running an AMS2 club, please put multiplayer issues at top priority. I'd rather see all MP issues fixed & refined before a single content release in 2023. AMS2 almost feels like its out of beta, but these core issues prevent that.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bathurst is pretty choice, so please don't be shy and bring some 80's ozzy touring cars + Nissans + Mazdas + BMWs + Jags + Camaros+ Rovers + ...

and please add a damage model for the concrete barrier (5:54) and a richly populated pit lane (6:00)

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Volvo maybe Reiza?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Lots of random cars were in the lower classes back in the day, including Minis, Beetles, Golfs, Passats, and an Uno, as well as M3s, 190Es, and BMW 2002s, and that's only listing car models we have in AMS2, if being slightly generous with a few.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't think you were implying that...haha, I was self evaluating. I would say you are going to be very happy with what is coming. Having the ability to control pit speed limits was a really nice add.

My approach now is to enjoy the cars that are good and avoid the ones I feel are terrible (CART on ovals anyone?) and just assume Reiza will get to it when they get to it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The comments you see on the content are from the closed Beta which is not accessible anymore. Once the content goes to Release Candidate (RC, which is sort of open beta of the update) you can access it as Catastrophe was saying :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

We will have to wait

17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can second this. Anjaroo has been putting on some great league events, but we've run into stability issues and bugs as the player count gets higher. Random DQ's, invisible cars in quali, pitstops not applying changes, the "Tuesday Night Purge," etc. Most of these are legacy PC2 bugs, but it still makes MP events a hassle. Host grid settings would also be nice for those who want to do custom grid rules, apply penalties from a previous race, or don't want to redo quali when someone randomly DQ's and the lobby needs restarted.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Ah…wow. That’s just mind-blowing. So many incredible developments, it’s hard to pick a stand-out. Modding support features…that’s pretty damned amazing though. Thank you, guys. 2023 is going to be incredible for Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, Reiza is giving a lot for very little money. I paid €99 3 years ago and for a long time I think that money is amortized in hours of fun. Perhaps Reiza could do some kind of campaign in which it indicates how much it would cost to add content and that people freely contribute what they want (or can) until it comes true. Nothing new, it has been seen thousands of times on youtubers, but perhaps it would help to develop the simulator more. In my case, it would help as much as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Very excited about the Nissans and the historic F1 cars. It’s great that the field of Group C cars is expanding!

I completely agree with the idea that historic cars need to be raced on historic tracks!

• Like Like x 3