Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

For equal performance in F1 it's best to just use a single car from the roster.

Otherwise it'll be just horrible as there's no good way to BOP them where they all have such various parameters. Especially so it works on all tracks and all weather conditions...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep. So if you have the fan car best in the corners, then to balance it with others, it would have to lack power, so the others are better in the straights. And then some tracks have more corners and less straights or vice versa and it can never be perfect for all tracks, only a select few. Then you'd need to balance them for all tracks, which would be a massive effort and probably still not perfect between different drivers and their driving styles. It would be a very tough job in any case.

Someone here just mentioned custom BoP. I would like that, considering there is some disparity between myself and friends. We would like to make some guys slower and some faster. But that would be more player specific, not car specific. We've played around with fuel loads, but that does not make a meaningful impact over a 10 lap race if some guys are 5% slower per lap.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So by using an equal performance setting, which could be as simple as giving each car in a class the same horsepower and weight, this would probably be easier to implement.

4. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Potentially, but even if those metrics are even the wheelbase dimension differences would still make it not properly level. Been there, tried that for AC league :)

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Then there is aero which isn’t equal

6. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

It also begs the question, why add different models if you are then going to balance them to make them equal.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

To have multiplayer races with a more equally spread field in terms of different cars, and not just one car, also to allow to quickly jump into a race and not have to do extensive testing to see which car is the best/fastest, because sometimes the difference can be more then a second a lap.

Also if they would do ranked races, as they are testing now, things need to be balanced, or they would have to run single car races.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I think that's a bit harsh as a response, at least in tone. We all have (I presume) a love of motorsports history here, and memory can play tricks on any of us; we pointed out the error, he said 'my bad', we move on.

Point is still a fair question whether the BT46B should be so much faster than the Lotus 79 for example. Maybe on more modern, flatter tracks, that's legitimate - perhaps as circuits are modernised that tech would be even more efficient - either way, I think it's a fair debate to have personally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

True, but balancing in some classes is going to be extremely difficult based on how different some cars function and it is going to take A LOT of work and testing to get a solid middleground BoP that works for most tracks somewhat decently to at least reduce the gaps a bit.
    While I would like to have custom BoP as an option, that would pretty much only help leagues and Single Player, not some of the mentioned issues of normal lobby races.

I think this will require a lot more work and data than most people think at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. K

Mr. K Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if this has been asked, but for some reason in the main menu the car reverts to stockcar every time I start AMS2. Have to remove it from my multiclass choise every single time, which is a bit annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

This would be for the multiplayer that most appear to currently consider its weakest feature? That will be a huge amount of effort to achieve and I'm not sure it's worth it, certainly not if it's at the expense of the single player experience which is where the sim currently shines and is its current best selling point.

12. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Thanks for the upload & the work you put in; didn’t get a chance to try out the update, or watch your content yet, but tomorrow is looking good . Btw, Happy New Year

13. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

i have my in game damper in game on 40 ,in simcube no damper ,i only seemed to notice this klonky feeling in the mercedes dtm at road america , maybe there are others though

14. Roy Niessink

The one doesnt have to exclude the other, and as i mentioned, since they are testing scheduled multiplayer races, it would make sense to have some sort of balancing, at least for multiplayer.

Having that for multiplayer, would not have to mean you cant have the "realistic" performance in singleplayer.

15. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Sounds like the diff to me... There's limited options for tinkering, but try setting clutches to "2"(default is "6")

Best wishes for the new year!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

I also have had issues with oversteer on exit, but will see if this helps later

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not happening here. Are you using a motorsports preset? If so, clear it and all will be back to normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marc Collins

This.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Marc Collins

And this. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Racinglegend1234