Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

gosh I didn’t know
    That’s brill I’ll assign a button on my wheel to it
    I need that extra 10% very badly (-:

thanks for the good work

2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All of the cars in each class share most of the same properties and in most cases the exact same tire, so if/when any updates are needed, the differences in wear or def would simply be natural to each individual car.

I can’t say when or if all cars will receive any update, as it largely depends on whether it’s necessary in the first place, but it is an area of exploration and refinement.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Alright, only asking as for some of the classes the different tyre manufacturers that were used and there advantages/disadvantages are pretty well documented, would be nice to see that replicated some time in AMS2 as well in my opinion.

4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please disregard my 30+ km/h comment as I was thinking of another generation.

As of the other day it was..

FC-G2M1 - 343 km/h
    FC-G2M2 - 343 km/h
    FC-G2M3 - 348 km/h
    MP4/4 - 328 km/h

As of a month ago for GT1 it was..

McLaren - 295 km/h
    Mercedes - 300 km/h
    Nissan - 301 km/h
    Porsche - 295 km/h

All top speed and output tests are conducted at Daytona for low aaltitude, default setup, lowest wing setting and 100% boost if applicable..

5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I am sorry I didn't clarify, I was talking about overall AI performance in those cars, not top speed.

6. Coanda

That will be a combination of aero, tyre grip available, tyre resistance etc.. Even Ai driver skill level will play small part as to how well they exit a corner.. Ai vs human balancing is an ongoing effort which is no easy task to get 100% right. If something is off then we continue to discuss and fine tune no doubt. Thank you, I will note your concerns regarding the GT1s and put this on the testbed in the near future..

• Like Like x 5
  7. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Renato said that Reiza is in great financial shape with ver 1.4, I believe. So I don't think more exposure is something that motivates him as much as getting right what he can. I expect that after surprising us (surprised the heck out of me!!!) with three awesome DLCs sure to be popular--snagged Brazilian Racing Legends, Historic and USA 3 today--that finances will not be a worry any time soon.

I think Reiza's track record of transparency and steadily improving the sim release after release shows that when the time is right, MP will not only come together but blow our minds like Renato keeps doing.
    The latest releases truly makes Reiza the king of F1 sims. No other sim can match its historical approach to the greatest challenge in the sport. The future looks very bright.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Thankyou for the in depth feed back 27. So I did a full tank run in the Nissan GTR at kansai. I’m not the fastest, I was doing about 2:05 lap time. I did 28 laps using the full tank 98 liters. The HUD tire wear showed 50% which I would presume is 25% tire wear? Im not sure what the outside temp was, it was the default date, late evening.

9. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I’m seriously enjoying this update, many thanks to Reiza & the devs & all the best for the New Year. A small observation from my side; I’ve been testing the Lotus 98T, at my favorite track, Hockenheimring 88. Difficulty 107, dry conditions, AI medium aggression, 30 mins race. Great fun, but the AI are cripplingly slow, & I’m by no means a quick driver. With 75 boost for the race, I’m literally leaving the AI standing, on the two long straights. Top speed is approx. 335 km/h, rear wing 1. The AI however, are very quick around Sachs-Kurve/Agip in the twisty stadium section. It appears the AI, are only configured with very high wing/ downforce, which leaves them very slow on the straights. As an experiment, I started last, and had overtaken them all, before the first chicane after the long straight. Any thoughts, guys?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Better post specific AI issues here: Official AI Report Topic

11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Five new free cars, when you include the LD versions, five awesome ones in the Brazilian pack, two new tracks, the Supercar DLC. That's hella work!
    I always expect releases to have a few glitches here and there. Getting to "perfect", whatever that is, the first time is nearly impossible in anything. Even NASA has made deadly mistakes with technology. Despite the few glitches, I rate 1.45 an A minus. I think the best part is that most of we outsiders never saw it coming. I'm still pulling my jaw off the ground. The new Lotus is my biggest surprise. It really likes to turn!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

As well as the praise and respect I have for you guys and your workload (which I have plenty of naturally, don't worry, it's just all been echoed by everyone already :whistle:) the thing that interested me there was: does Renato main a G27? Or is that just his travel wheel?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion with another post, a couple of days ago on the AI forum, & have as of now, not received any feedback, although I understand it’s pretty quite at the moment. I don’t want to stress, but my feeling is, if I’m gonna get any dev attention, it’s gonna be here. But I will post, this on there as well, as I believe it’s an AI issue, but also related to the latest update. Thanks

14. maximumcuddles

maximumcuddles New Member

Thanks for doing this and I'm really enjoying the new update. I want to do a multi-class vintage touring car/GT race more than anything with 1970 Spa but unfortunately most of the tin tops don't have nearly enough gearing for the layout and are topping out by around Burnenville, so they're bouncing off the limiter the whole way down to Stavelot. Out of the GT Classics and Vintage Touring Tier 1 & 2 classes, only the 911 RSR has enough gearing. Would love the cars affected to get another tick of final drive ratio so we can have a feasible race. The Copa Classics are also geared too short - I accept they're a modern series but I don't see any reason not to give them another longer fixed set of gears. (NB. The Puma GTB's default ratio is somehow spot on, so that car probably needs a tick the other way for most circuits)

• Like Like x 2
  15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's never a reply or feedback by the devs when you post something about AI issues but rest assured that they keep an eye on those threads. So just write down anything you find.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Coanda

He has multiple rigs at his disposal..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not to mention that Renato has to juggle his role at Reiza with managing Celtic FC.

remato.PNG
    Renato at work for Reiza Studios.

ange.PNG
    Renato winning the cup at Celtic FC.

• Funny x 38
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They look at it, they are aware of the issues and are working on that.

The thing is that I think (based on how the AI evolved in the last couple of builds) they kind of reached a ceiling in AI development in general (not track specific), so the next noticeable step would be a breakthrough. For now the marginal gains seem to be small and we don't notice it straightaway.

For that reason our attention is still drawn to the long standing issues (not overtaking other AI, too fast/slow in corners X/Y/Z - all of that reported in the AI thread).

19. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Good data! Much appreciated! With the GT3 tire(and GTE, F-Classic), 50% on the HUD now means 50% wear. Late evening, I suppose has cooler track temps, which helps preserve the tires by keeping the flash/tread temps under control.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what is this gt3 tyre modelled off? i don't know of any gt3 series which has different compounds, i also don't know of any gt3 series where a tyre can not easily last a full tank of fuel