Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Sheu Ho

Sheu Ho New Member

Sorry for the post. But I just jumped back into AMS2 after a year out and noticed a lot has changed since 1.4 update. What’s the best ffb version to download and use. 5.0.1.3 seems to be the latest version to date…. Anyone have the Thrustmaster T-GT wheel with the best setting to try out. Might take me forever to trawl through 300 pages in this post. Any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi! There is no best file or best settings for your base. Everyone has different ideas and feels the ffb differently. You can also use defaults to start with, you have to take a little more time with the customs

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sheu Ho

Sheu Ho New Member

Ok noted thanks for your reply.

4. Stepy

Stepy Member

Hi i have a T-GT II , at the minute i`m using this : Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

5. Sheu Ho

Sheu Ho New Member

6. Stepy

Stepy Member

yes I am.

7. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

I would like to thank Kuku ..and of course Karsten, et all.......for his tune. Its the only file that eliminated the front wheel drive torque steer effect that was evident with ALL cars. And by me adding more rear slip =less steering resistance and more road detail I now feel like I'm driving a race version of my road car. Very realistic in feel. Better than rf2!
    And this is with the lowliest of wheels....the same DFP I've been using for ~15 years. Thank you!

One small question is left.....
    There is a small ffb "hole" in the very center. Its not the gear play. Just a cpl of mm of no resistance. What would I adjust to eliminate this?

Thank you

Edit..its 2 things:)
    I also want to add a bit of front wheel scrub.....just a teeny bit. Anyone?

8. Stepy

Stepy Member

Could you post your file ? I`d like to try it out.

9. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi Lugnut,
    pleased you have found what you are looking for .
    another user found that a really small increase of (rack_momentum (smooth rack_momentum 0.01))
    Could help with that free play in middle.
    So something like 0.011 or 0.012 for example.

for the scrub balancing , you can play around with the Scrub Fx ratios
    # Scrub FX
    #

(scrub_scale_front 0.42)
    (scrub_scale_rear 0.32)

you will find it in my signature below.

10. Timewarp82

Timewarp82 New Member

Hi, i would love to know which file should i try for the start, there is so much to choose from, lacking experience with this file, default one i don´t like :(

I have a TS-PC Racer with SF1000 Wheel

Thx in advance

11. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same wheel and I use Danielkart v 46

12. Sheu Ho

Sheu Ho New Member

Wow 5.0.1.4 is amazing. Thanks for sharing…

• Like Like x 2
  13. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Yes it's the best FFB around here. You can exactly feel when the car is losing grip and make the adjustments needed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Danielkart

Hi guys! I would like to write you something about Flatspot and why I have this Flatspot set to 0 in the file for the last Customs V45 and V46. In reality, sudden and hard braking will cause flat spots on the tires. This then becomes noticeable in the steering axle and the steering wheel due to ever-increasing vibrations. This flatspotting can also be simulated wonderfully in the Customs Files. Now, however, there is a "but". FX in the game controls, among other things, the vertical forces of the tires. The higher the FX value, the stronger the flat spot or vice versa. That's why the flat spot is very dependent on the FX value and also on the gain in the game. People have very different values of FX and gain in game. That's why I deliberately set V45 and V46 (flatspots_scale 0.0) to 0 in Customs. If you now want Flatspot, increase this value according to your settings and your personal taste. Maybe I could help some people who asked me about it;)

Addendum: If your in-game sets the FX value to 0 then there will be no Flatspot_Effekt.
    Fanatec (all bases) recommends setting Ams2 In-Game FX to 0. This makes no sense for custom files, even if FEI is set higher. Maybe with standards (but I don't deal with it enough). So if you use Customs then be sure to use FX

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart v46 feels great on my csw, the only thing I miss is the wheel loading up during braking into corners- it doesn't stiffen up. I've messed about with it a bit but can't get it like it is in my file.
    Any ideas what to change?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Danielkart

Hi buddy! Nice to hear from you. I have to leave soon but I'll get in touch with you. What exactly are you looking for when braking in corners? I'll compare it to your file when I have time (by the way, your file is still excellent for me). I think we have similar ideas about a custom. I'll get in touch with you but it won't be today anymore. Greetings from Daniel

17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If the wheel isn't central as brake pressure is applied, it'll want to pull in the opposite direction.
    So if you're braking into a right hander, the wheel pulls left and vise versa- the harder you brake the more it pulls.
    Sounds odd when writing this down, but the effect feels 'right'.
    I don't know what part of the file controls this, @Karsten Hvidberg would no doubt know but I think he's moved on.
    Edit: Don't bother changing it just for me as I'm still using and tweaking my file.
    Cheers bud.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This file that I made, which is a combo of all of my favorite custom files, has that brake feel you are referring to. This file also has that "weightless" feeling when traction is broken.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This one has more of Daniel's feel with having that brake feeling added in. Again these are just a combo of some of my favorite customs from the likes of Daniel, Kuku, Tumi and of course Karsten

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Danielkart

I'm excited to try it

• Like Like x 1