Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For a start thats not even true.

Every user of this forum has the oppertunity to promote their own opinion which is exactly what im doing, as do you.

The main difference between my post and yours is that mine involves both constructive criticism, and praise for Reiza, backed up with video evidence which I went to alot of effort of put together. So im using two mediums to get my point across, text & Video. My posts subject matter is all about AMS2, which is what these forums are here for.

Your post is text only (nothing wrong with that), factually incorrect, has nothing to do with AMS2 what so ever, and the subject matter seems to be just a firm attempt to tell me you dont like my posts. Thats fair enuff, I don't think its very nice but, your choice. Love you to honey!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

I usually use 3 random weather slots on my server for 20 or 30 minute races, so even I as the server don't know what we are gunna get.

Its absoloutely awsome, brings an interesting level of uncertanty to the race, and its different every time! Some times it changes, sometimes it does'nt, sometimes theres rain, sometimes hazey, or bright!

The chances of rain varies depending on the date you set the race for aswell, and the location. I find Brazilian tracks can have some big weather changes, certain USA tracks are more likely to stay dry, especially in the summer, and english tracks in the winter will have more of a chance of rain.

Then theres the real weather if you set it to the real date, and i usually find its spot on to the real weather at my local track! I love it!

3. Tarmac Terrorist

For a start thats not even true. I do not want your attention at all, and no, I don't think its excessive

Every user of this forum has the oppertunity to promote their own opinion which is exactly what im doing, as do you. My opinion as an AMS2 user is as valid as yours

I have posted in the threads its relevant to, and ive posted in several places (not just on these forums) where its relevant aswell. I've also posted in several places as Metz and I want as many folks as possible to see how good AMS2 can be.

The main difference between my post and yours is that mine involves both constructive criticism, and praise for Reiza, backed up with video evidence which I went to alot of effort of put together. So im using two mediums to get my point across, text & Video. My posts subject matter is all about AMS2, which is what these forums are here for.

Your post is text only (nothing wrong with that), factually incorrect, has nothing to do with AMS2 what so ever, and the subject matter seems to be just a firm attempt to tell me you dont like my posts, with some insults and completely wrong assumptions thrown in. Thats fair enuff, I don't think its very nice but, your choice. Love you to honey!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The last 12hs, live:

• Like Like x 5
  5. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How do we put people on ignore on this forum format?

Nevermind firgured it out thanks. Instantly the threads are more relevant and less like a youtube spam attack.

Click the users name, top left corner click ignore.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

At this point ladies and gents I could give two craps about the differential simulation, give me some rear lateral grip. These rear wheels castoring around like a shopping cart is driving me nuts, lol. If I break rear traction..fine give me some slip. But pressing the gas even slightly shouldn’t make my rear wheel step out like it’s on Ice. The ultimate design of a race car isn’t to kill the driver the moment he dares to press the gas. I’m not angry just enthusiastically annoyed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you give us some more detail?

9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How/when/with what car this happens to you? I have no such issue with the cars I have driven in the game. Pressing the gas slightly doesnt break rear traction with any car I have driven so far. Only the Old Stock Opala feels like its on ice.

10. Manbird12000

Super V8, super sensitive to lateral grip. Mind you, when the rears slip, there should be a noted tire scrub sensation similar to actually breaking tire grip, but it just slides out as if the gas pedal is linked to the rear toe-in or castor setting. They all are to varying degrees regardless of preload settings in my opinion
    GT, GT1, Grp C cars aren’t as bad but even the BMW GT3 does this. As well as the BMW GT4
    The old stock cars are a slide fest
    BMW 2002
    Street cars- same exaggerated slip

Any car, race car or not, would be experiencing some serious steering wheel sensation if the rears loose grip under acceleration. That is not an unnoticeable event.
    The problem isn't with the particular cars, it’s the simulation’s interpretation of rear lateral grip.
    I’ve driven high powered cars including a Ferrari and lord as my witness when that rear tire grip gives up the ghost, you KNOW it. Not only through the steering wheel but through the violent loss and re-acquiring grip event that ensues. It’s not like AMS2 where it feels like a mere loss of grip on an icy road or the castor free spinning like it’s a shopping cart.
    I absolutely LOVE this sim. But today I just started feeling frustration about this differential
    Simulation it has. No matter how I adjust the preload it just doesn’t feel right for some reason. I can’t be the only one.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Default set ups in AMS2 suck by their design to be one set up for all the tracks of that nature...

A little bit of tuning gets rid of any unnatural sliding for me... Less front ARB and rear soft bumps do the trick for most cars... And then if I have to I change the differential and I'm usually using around 60-80 in the preload and around 60-70 on power and 45-65 on coast...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Manbird12000

See, this doesn't make any difference on my end. In many cases, the default rear ARB's are already set to minimum and the front's are already high. So there's no maneuvering room there. As far as the preload, I've tried both extremes in the settings, disabled traction control to experience the raw differential simulation, and it's still a shopping cart affect.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to mash the gas on corner entry and exit and I'm aware that the torque curve plays a role in how the car's lateral stability plays out, but it just doesn't feel right. Lateral grip loss isn't a smooth experience unless you're on ice. But a super V8 taking a turn at moderate-low speed and the rear end casually sliding away in proportion to the gas pedal, can't be right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Certainly doesn't sound like the Super V8 I get to drive in AMS2 either... It's default set up features gobs of plowing understeer and a heaping of snap oversteer... Like most default set ups in AMS2...

Most cars with ARB adjustments don't start at zero at the rear for me either....

Sadly it seems the only advice I can give on this front is the old trio of check integrity, deletion of my documents to clear out the saved set ups and settings, or a clean reinstall...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone figured out a way to estimate a proper AI strength to a specific combo? Or are we stuck with a pure exercise of patience by doing it by trial and error? It is like there is zero correlation in strength from one class to another.

ie: FV10 G1 at Historic Interlagos I've to crank up the AI to 120 to make it fun. However F309 at current Interlagos the AI at 120 strength are way way way faster than I am. It makes no sense...

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

s-l1600.jpg

Between Rezia, Historic Sim Studios, and my book Road Racer, I blame all of you for this...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Does this have any information regarding the horsepower values for the Nissan GT1? Everything I have ever seen seems to indicate 641bhp/650hp as it had a bigger restrictor than the other GT1s and what we have in AMS2 is quite a bit lower with 618hp.

17. Racinglegend1234

A thing which can help if you have had the game for a while is deleting the setups folder in AMS2’s documents

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

What an amazing race it was.
    The last 4.5 hours was under green flag, yet you could throw a cloth over the top 3 at the end.
    Hope they get more European teams coming down next year - and the Americans should get involved too.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Maybe they need to expand the pits

20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

If you really want to help fix the bugs, why not help the developers by following Reza's official guidance on how to report bugs, i.e. report them concisely, once only, in the dedicated bug report thread. Pasted below for ease. Posting the same thing multiple times is just bloat and noise.

"In order to avoid multiple topics on the same subject, and let you know if your issue has been reported, this will be the official thread for reporting bugs or issues. This will help us give a quicker response to the reports.

Try to follow the example below, so the issue can be reproduced by the reader:

Track & Layout Used: Imola Historic 2001 (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Formula V10
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Storm (other settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: Rain droplets running on the opposite way through the windshield.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula V10 in a Rainy session, and pay attention to the windshield."

• Agree Agree x 3