Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I’ll try this.

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember to either take screen shots (or photos on your phone) of all of your controller, graphics, sounds, camera settings etc, as when you delete the folder you lose all those and everything goes back to default. If you've got them all photoed it makes it a much quicker job to set them all back to how you like em!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Not if you specifically delete setups

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

If you save a copy of you Ams2 docs folder into another , you can drag the gfx and controller profiles over to new install or newly created docs folder afterwards. Saves a lot of hassle .

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah at least some of the cars in AMS2 does behave like you describe it at the moment.
    Hehe and I guess that if you does try the L98T then your temper will get completely into the red zone.
    Because in all 5 gears its pretty easy to loose the rear completely by just "looking" at the throttle pedal at the wrong moment.

ByTheWay: And eventhough the RL L98T probably was a beast then no RL racing car would by garantee behave so uber monster beast-ish like this virtual weirdo :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Totally true, sorry for some reason I was thinking Documents folder!

7. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

A lot of the Formula Retro & Classic cars were like this for a long time, until a major default setup revision happened last year. The same for the Group C Sauber C9.
    I guess some cars haven’t received this setup tuning yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh I do! (and I've got more reports to add) But my post was'nt purely about bugs, however seeing as you brought it up here's mine so far: Search Results _ Reiza Studios Forum — Mozilla Firefox 05_02_2023 11_23_04.png
    And heres yours: Search Results _ Reiza Studios Forum — Mozilla Firefox 05_02_2023 11_24_37.png
    Seems I indeed have been quite bloaty and noisey in the bug report thread does'nt it, well, at least compared to you, but then I always have been a noisey one most definately, absoloutely correct and thanks for noticing! Although i'm a bit put out about the bloaty comment, I mean I know im not as slim as I used to be but, nope, maybe you're right, I could stand to lose a pound or two!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For championships I usually adjust based on practice results, fine-tune in quali with maybe a restart or two required. It's still trial and error, but I don't think are better ways for it unless someone makes a spreadsheet with all the car/track/weather combinations and the corresponding skill levels. Even with a spreadsheet like that, I wonder how much variance there would be between players.

For single races you'd have to use practice only because the race weekend gets scrapped if you exit to the menu.

I once thought of writing a scripted dedicated server runner that keeps setting up AI races with different car/track/weather/skill combinations, parses their results files to write the AI lap times into some readable format and ideally compares to the leaderboard at 120 skill, making a note if the times are too far off the top of the leaderboard. Unfortunately there was some sort of a technical reason (or several of them) making it impossible. The sessions don't progress with only AI on the server or something like that. Also, the dedicated server doesn't run on Linux.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Im not sure if we are talking the same issue but i had something similar. Like the cars had way more hp then youd expect,something was wrong with the way the throttle worked,or the tires where screwed because it was so easy to light the tires up. I havent been playing on a regular basis so i dont know exactly when it happened and probably why i didnt catch it right away but something didnt install or update right. I had some guys testing some of the really bad cars for me and they didnt have the same issue. So i tried the base game that i had never used but had installed because normally i just use the beta version and zero issues on the base game. I ended up having to reinstall the beta version and now its fine.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Good boy, keep it up. Just remember the guidance states to avoid multiple postings. See if you manage that - no more copying and pasting into several threads. :)

12. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

With the addition of the Brabham BT49 i think the Gen2 is now a bit of a messy class. It was good to have a nice representation of the early days of the atmos with ground effect. But now i think it lacks the earliest turbo models (like the RS01). On the other hand we have only turbos without ground effect. It would be nice to split the class in two: Gen2 78-79 with atmos and Gen 3 80-82 maybe adding some generic models all ground effect turbo and atmos. Gen4 is good for 83-85 for me. To be an absolute perfectionist i would add a generic 2006-2008 era, a generic V10 and V8 to the V12 category. That would cover mostly every period of F1 excluding the 50's.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

More generic cars with generic liveries, the best generic sim on the market...AMS2, yeah!

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

It's extremely difficult to have license from teams that no longer exist (look at the F1 series for example), thus I would prefer a generic model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

If the choice is either having NO proper Nascar stock car in the game or only a generic one, then i will take the generic model any time of the day !
    I would / will cover them with proper Nascar liveries anyway.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'm just going to say...

Give me a 50s F1 car over any other gap filling era... Fangio DLC!!!!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

We would also need era appropriate tracks for it to make sense adding those cars. Currently there aren't that many where the 50's era would fit on. I'd want that to happen thou !

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't wait to see lobbies with 50s F1 cars running with ABS and traction control. Ah yes, and the magical teleporting back to track. 100% realistic sim experience :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

This reminded me of a comment I saw in a video about AC's 250F :p
    upload_2023-2-6_12-44-2.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

If you want to have a realistic Sim then remove all arcadeish Cockpit views first.
    And driving with a controller should be forbidden.:D
    Completly unrealistic in every sim.
    If you see it like that they're all games.

• Agree Agree x 3