Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Might be wrong there then, I don't know much about this stuff and I'm just going off of my experience. I don't play Rfactor 2 and ACC so I'll take your word for it. But it's also important to remember that Madness Engine seems to be a bit of an unoptomized mess from what ive gathered, and that Reiza does not have the access to it in the same way Kunos have access to theirs which might be part of the reason the cars disappearing thing isn't a feature. Maybe in ACC and Rfactor cars have simplified physics when they dissappear, or that there is some weird quirk in the Madness Engine that makes it difficult to implement.

2. Lucifer_sam

Huh, yeah didn't think about that. That might be a big part of the problem here.

3. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC uses unreal 4, an engine notorious for being hell to optimize, and Rf2 despite the engine "being on the house" like the original Assetto Corsa, is probably the most poorly optimized sim title in the whole market, I benchmarked it and i was having performance issues despite the game barely using my CPU and GPU it was something like around 40-60% of CPU usage and GPU was 50-70% and i was at the time still getting 20-40FPS

4. Lucifer_sam

When I was talking about the Madness engine I wasn't referring to the in game performance just how it's more difficult to optimize and add certain features for Reiza due to how they got the engine in the first place. And there is a lot less known about the Madness Engine then Unreal 4. A lot more devs have had a crack at it, for the Madness Engine we've basically only had SMS and Reiza though there may be something I'm missing.

5. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Y'all arguing like optimization and supporting bigger grids are mutually exclusive. They're not, one does not forbit the other. Reiza can and should both optimize the game for grids of 32 or less and work to allow bigger grids.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dude just stop. Optimization basically always has to due with FPS (performance) vs how the game looks. AMS2 is one of best games for this and I don't just mean in sim racing. It runs very smooth and looks incredible even on lower end PCs. If Reiza is serious about their focus on endurance aspects than increasing grid size should be a priority. For you to say that Reiza should not implementing larger grid sizes because your PC can't handle it, is one of the most selfish arguments I have heard on here and that is saying something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

....and you guys are creating a lot "noise" in a thread that should specifically discuss the latest release. I politely suggest using the feature request thread, it would be a much approach for such debate and people can like or not like the request, etc... . The Feature Request Thread... | Reiza Studios Forum

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By simple, you mean hacking your ram.

It's actually a lot harder than you think because with the Madness Engine, the more you push the AI the more it negeitively effects your tire phyisics, to the point they are completely unreconizable. This was a major issue on Project cars 1 and 2 on Xbox, because the OG xbox was such a dogturd, it caused all sorts of issues. Tires constantly overheating to the point they would pour smoke, tires becoming snappy, and time itself slowing down. It was so extreme in Pcars 2 they actually changed the phyisics slightly for the Xbox version before abandoning the game. (Also why they massively simplifed the tire model for Pcars 3)

Because Reiza is constantly working on the tires, phyisics, and AI of the game, you really don't want to turn up the number AI until all that basic stuff is done. (Remeber, they also didn't rule out a console release for AMS 2, so that could also be a limiting factor)

TLDR I'm sure and know it's possable from the hack, but I doubt it's reasonable to implement yet with what Reiza wants do in the future.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Interesting info regarding AI tire behaviour issues, it would be awesome if someone who use the 60 car grid mod to try a 1+ hour race on a tire demanding circuit on hot conditions to see if this AI tire behaviour happens in AMS2 too.

10. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry, the month is about to end, so soon we'll start seeing ppl asking when the next update will arrive, and then complain that its late

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. VFX Pro

LOL.. true!! The next release thread will take over :)

12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

So, in summary, this is how time passes waiting [in this thread only] for Historic Nords & Süds:

1). Some reddit guy posts a tutorial on a hack to increase the gride size in AMS2.
    2). Reiza forums [i.e., this thread's posts only] immediately start clamoring for Reiza to implement this feature.
    3). VFX Pro has the effrontery to label such righteous energy as "noise".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. VFX Pro

READ MY POST.... Noise in this thread, not noise in any other threads or the feature request thread. What's the point of having organized threads if anyone can talk about anything they want in any threads??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I'm a bit surprised, as I assumed my use of the word "effrontery" would be a dead giveaway, but a serious response turned out to be way funnier than my initial attempt at humor. I annotated the previous post help clarify matters.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Most people can't even separate their rubbish, and that's even with intent.
    Give it up.:D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

*puts on monocle*

"Rutherford, would you be a dear and bring my cane and pair of Welly's?"

"End of the month is it?"

"Indeed, I have a dead horse to beat."
    To keep this AMS2 related, I wish we'd get more info on the Adrenaline Pack.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I want more info on snow

18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of that specifically, to those who claim light snow is never a problem at most race tracks during race season... My friend's/co-workers' race team literally had snow during their first day on track.

Screenshot_20230328-230019_Instagram.jpg

Edit: I wish we'd see a version of the 86 eventually. The iRacing version requires a *unique* driving style.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Would they have run the race if there was snow on the track?

20. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member