Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I'll just point you to the source: Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.4

2. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I ran 30 laps with the C9 at monza. I was turning 1:36.1 and now 1:37.1. Car feels better, you’ve got to short shift 2nd or you’ll spin the last 1500 rpm’s or so. I did add to the ramp(s) to 50 as I don’t like the rear end locking too much. I can brake deeper but it does give me more wheel spin, it’s a payoff. I ran a 15min race w/Ai and they didn’t get the update lol. I set them at 107 and high on aggression. They pull me out of the corners (hooked up). I ran softs and by lap 10 the grip was going away. I think I need to do some more tweaks in the diff to get it a little better. I like how it feels now so good I was hoping the Gen 2 F1 MP4/4 was going to get revised but didn’t see that in the notes, I’ll try that now.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

I only had time to try the 720 GT3 around brands hatch. Definitely more challenging to drive. TC 0 is different than TC 10. TC and ABS levels are now visible on the car dashboard. Really nice.
    Very excited to try more cars/tracks combinations after work.
    I couldn't test a lot if I was able to overdrive the front tyres in slow corners as much as before but it didn't seem as though that characteristic was present.
    Massive respect to Reiza team for all the relentless work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried the porsche yet? I also need to try the cars round monza to see how the low downforce variant feel, but yeah they're greatly improved

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. stealthradek

I think you should try the forum search function where you can also filter by user and for example search for term "multiplayer" and filter posts by user called "Renato Simioni" and in AMS2 announcements channel...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mister dog

Sure go ahead and point me to the patch notes from the last 3 years where there are additions to the multiplayer section, as you stated there were a ton of MP improvements already to the game instead of being a hardhead about it. You're the one making the claim, you're the one that needs to back it up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. stealthradek

I have better things to do in my life than pointing someone directly to the information that's there.

Let's pretend you're right and I'm in a wrong. I'm fine with it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

pre patch they were 2 seconds slower for me and glued to the track. I’ll try in a bit

10. mister dog

So there's nothing right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, indeed i dont recall seeing a seperate multiplayer subsection in most changelogs, only a couple things here and there from memory regarding multiplayer, but those were usually mentioned under the general subsection i believe, how nice would it be to have a changelog with a Multiplayer subsection and several items directly underneath it......;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not just MP though, it is the same in SP

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The mp improvements are in the forum of netcode, which is really good. You wont find a dedi server like in other sims so dont expect that. Don't expect esports level servers like you might find in acc or iracing.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

yes, the 962 steering is whacked. It’s got more spirit, character now but I’m 3 seconds off compared to 2 sec prior. The c9 in 89 was the class of the field. I’m pulling low 200’s 202-3 at the end of the Monza straight, 962 193mph. Was the difference that big?

15. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

i just want to make a little question, when i read from most of the people, that reiza didn't fix in 3 years some big bugs (can't drive in the rain, multiplayer and whatever) becasue is a little company
    please this is just a question, don't be haters place, when they did Assetto Corsa, Kunos was a big company ? no idea about this... P.S.: i think some serious problems like, in the rain they fast like crazy in F1, or they start with slick under the rain and u with wet tires and they are much faster than u, or all the bug of Multiplayers, can't be fixed because is not possible that in 3 years nothing was done..
    mm yes i must admit tat in Mclaren F1 gt1 i still see that sometimes the mirrors are "blind" .. mmmm

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What?? Vanilla AC was nothing really special, good physics and FFB, nice collection of cars yes. However, awful AI, not too many tracks, low on features, lacking damage model, no dynamic track conditions or weather, no night racing, and I am sure a lot of other issues I cant be bothered to write.

AC is as relevant as it nowadays because of it's physics,FFB and MODS!! As a stand alone experience its pretty barebones, apart from its car selection. You choose a bad example to compare to AMS2 o_O

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I always wondered why modders chose to go hard on AC instead of AMS. The vanilla AMS is a thing of beauty.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

mate Kunos is backed by a big publisher, there’s a reason they could afford expensive licensing like Ferrari as Lamborghini lmao and base AC with no mods is not the best experience

19. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anybody else not seeing the Ginetta G55 GT3 car in the GT3 lineup? I'm keen to drive this beastie but can't :(

20. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's in the OpenGT class. Not sure why it's there but I think that it's a tad faster than the normal GT3 cars for whatever reason(there's a reason for it for sure)?

It's on the of the best cars of AMS2, so surely worth the drive!

• Agree Agree x 1