Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd say that even though the GT4's are a tab too fast in the wet, its still very close, close enough that setting up some custom A.I. files with slightly lower Wet Ability levels, could probably make it near perfect!

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Agreed! Not that I don't like having the standard low powered road cars in the game, and they do feel much better as of the updates. But I think maybe something like one of the non DLC cars that comes with the game from the Brazilian series would be better at showing off the sim. Maybe a Stockcar! Or have a demo including a premium DLC track like Spa with a premium GTE, or F1 car to show off the very best of the sim, but it only lets you drive for 3 laps, runs out after a month or something like that, cause if folks can get a feel for how good it can be, then they're gunna go ahead and by full sim after that period!

3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, exactly, even the Formula Junior and a GT1/GT3 car would be good, and indeed make it like 30 days time limited

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh yeah, the F-Junior would be perfect to get folks started, feels great!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

I've gotta say im having an awsome time with the GTE's A.I. in changing weather, just brilliant!

However, i've just noticed a pretty serious bug! Was racing just now at Nurburg, the weather had changed to wet and was well into the wet session, (track developing puddles kinda wet) I had a bit of an off but saved it, and wanted to see it so paused game and looked at replay (looked great!), went back to drive and as soon as I pressed resume racing, the track magically cleared up! Dry again! This is pretty serious, I'll not pause for a replay again till this one gets sorted.

So just to let folks know, dont bother watching replay in a changing weather race till race is over and you've saved it, else it will ruin your race!

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

i actually think this has been mentioned a couple times, not sure but i think its related to how the livetrack works, not sure if a fix would be even possible.

I would just setup a private lobby with added AI, that way you cant be tempted to watch the replay midrace....LOL

7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The vw virtus is much much better with v1.5, its just the physics in the demo that need updating

8. Tarmac Terrorist

yes I really do like what they've done with it! So have the demo physics not been updated? Even if they don't change the car in the demo, the physics (if not updated yet) need to be updated to current standard pronto! If folks are gunna try it they need it to be at its best!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Going back to the subject of A.I. calibration between wet and dry conditions, its made me think!
    It strikes me that folks abilities in wet weather varies quite a bit from their ability in the dry. For instance Im finding the GTE's near perfect to both my ability in the dry and wet now after recent calibration updates. However!

If I take one of my friends as an example, he will freely admit that he is slow in the wet, infact in the dry we are usually tenths of seconds apart, however even if hes quicker than me at a certain track in the dry, as soon as the track gets wet, Im then way out infront (not that im an alien, its just the difference between us two).

So this means for me the A.I. calibration between dry and wet is near perfect in a race with changing weather, but for him, its gunna end up not being worth racing the A.I. with changing weather as they will suddenly be way too fast.

Even with the best calibration, there is no way Reiza (or any other sim dev for that matter) can account for that with the way things stand at the moment (its hard to please everyone in'it!). For instance in RF2, when it rains, with most classes, the A.I. become too fast for me.

So hears an idea, how about if you could fine tune the A.I. wet ability to your level? This could be a feature in any sim, but I think if its actually even possible, Reiza would be the folks able to to it!

Hears a video explaining exactly what the idea is (don't worry its very short... Like me:D)

I'd love to know what you folks think of this?

• Like Like x 7
  10. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

It's definitely not easy. This is saying "You could write a program to beat Kasparov at chess" - yes, but if you think it's easy you haven't understood the problem.

I believe all the information you've listed is either available in telemetry - how does external software like the crewpit thing know where other players are? It's done via the shared memory thing right?) or the pictures you get when playing the game (but analysing these is adding to the complexity of the processing the machine learning algo would have to do for sure)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza should find a way to use TT times and driving lines for AI (so it should work even for TT during wet) with the latter just reacting to player inputs (like being passed, punted, etc) in order to keep the same lines and times set during TT.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just saw a Rennsport video and they had working track lights (green turned immediately to yellow when driver stopped his car on track). Looks great and boosts immersion.
    Is this also planned for AMS2?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. TinMan_JB

TinMan_JB Member

Perhaps it's not so much a case of absolute speed of player vs AI, but more of the AI laptimes spread in different conditions. I've seen AI spread of no more than 1- 1.5 sec in dry and wet, and then there were also 3-5 sec spreads of AI laptimes in wet. The former gives a small window in which AI seems well calibrated for any given skill, while the latter gives an impression the player might be slow (or fast) yet still inside the AI performance loop.

Taking cues from real life, where wet track shows real mastery (Senna, anyone?) I'd be making the following assumption: in dry, AI should have a smaller spread of lap times, say 1.5-3 sec. In wet however, laptimes spread should spread out (pun intended) to say 4-8 sec between fastest and slowest AI. That way we, the players, could be racing meaningful races agains AI, even if being slower in wet than in the dry. Not every one is Senna-like. I certainly am not :)

This is not saying that the current AI calibration is bad per se, just an idea.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rmagid1010

Has to be surely, i remember when spa 2020 was released, a week later reiza released an update where all they did was added (non-functional) digital flag panels. Plus the sensitivity of yellow flags needs to be increased as they have never triggered fast enough. (Not a problem in pc2 btw)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. rmagid1010

Renato would post in the demo thread when reiza updates it Automobilista 2 Demo Featuring VW TSI Cup By Acelerados RELEASED!

also note this cryptic line: This however is not all - more to come here!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah that would be sick, rfactor 2’s track light on le mans at night make you REALLY think that you are a pilot. Traffic light in the pits would be great as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Roy Niessink

Then again the blue flags seem to show way too early, like when the leader is still over 2 seconds away

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'm still having an issue with ambient and start signal sounds when driving the F-Junior. Anyone else getting this?

Also, I'd really love to have the North Racing #68 livery back. Was leaving this out a slip up or on purpose?

20. rmagid1010

Also reflective vests for marshals are functional in rF2 but not ams2, just adds a little immersion when you are charging down the mulsanne straight at night

• Agree Agree x 1