1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Demo Featuring VW TSI Cup By Acelerados RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

038 (1).jpg
    We are thrilled to release our latest project developed in partnership with Volkswagen Brasil & Acelerados - The Volkswagen TSI Cup by Acelerados introduces the Volkswagen Polo & Virtus for Automobilista 2, and is also a standalone free demo for those who do not yet own the game.

The AMS2 Demo is now available on Steam from the Automobilista 2 Store Page.

Please note the update including these cars to the main game will be released this weekend - for the moment the cars are available only in the demo, which due to how the apps are configured on Steam cannot be installed in parallel to the full game.
    037.jpg

The Demo currently features:
    • Custom Event / Test Day / Time Trial Game modes
    • Volkswagen Polo & Virtus TSI 1.0
    • Autódromo Velo Città (3 layouts)
    This however is not all - more to come here!

047.jpg
    The Acelerados channel is doing a series on the making of the demo leading up to the competition that will be promoted by Volkswagen using the Automobilista 2 Demo - you can watch the first 3 episodes of the series here (in portuguese only):

048.jpg
    049 (1).jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 25
    • Like Like x 23
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome news! The weekend is so close yet so far :) Can't wait to put my hands on those beauties!

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Are we also going to have the racing versions of the cars? Or only the street ones?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Downloaded the Demo and tried it. The VW's drive really nice but the AI needs some fine tuning. The driving behavior of the AI is a little bit erratic at times like early days AMS2 AI. There is one VW model that shows up in the race without hood and doors when racing against AI. Otherwise I love it.

6. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats Team Reiza! :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a racing version of these cars?

8. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to check what Renato's sentence means.....does it mean that if we already have AMS2 installed, we cannot also install the Demo at the same time?

Micropitt, did you have to uninstall AMS2 (assuming you already had it installed) before installing the Demo?

9. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No idea personally, but I'd love to see one along the lines of the Clio from PC2. I'd be more than happy with a fictional one. You see a lot of Polos in the VW cup support races for British GT, so there certainly are race versions. Whether this particular model does I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Due to the circumstance, that Steam utilizes Demos as sister/child apps of a game, you can't install a demo, if you have the main game in your steam library owned. To get around that you need a 2nd steam account without AMS2 bought.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, second Steam account is how I got "in".... I haven't seen a specific bug report topic for the demo, so here's what I've noticed:

Time trial mode at the Club layout, in VR:
    - Light blue Virtus is red (what little of it you can see from driver's viewpoint) once on track and is missing wing mirror bodies. (Probably missing more panels given what I later noticed).
    - No session results displayed in Virtus Time Trial session. (Each time you leave the track to change setup or whatever).
    - The Virtus Leaderboard was blank when I entered. It only became visible once I did a few laps then exited back to the TT menu. I suppose it's possible no one had set a time when I started, but that seems unlikely given the volume of times there less than half an hour later.
    - The silver and light blue cars, both Polo and Virtus have missing panels.
    - One time I left the track and the normal AMS2 menu screen was briefly displayed. I think I clicked the mouse and it switched back to the demo menu. Only happened one time.

AI race, Club layout, 4 laps, everything default.
    - There was a couple of Polos with missing panels. I didn't notice any lightweight Virtus'.
    - At 100/50 the AI were almost two seconds slower than me. (And I'm average at best).

Both cars feel good to me. Not exactly great race cars but you wouldn't expect them to be.

12. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love those YouTube clips, I don't speak Portuguese, but luckily the pictures are all in English. I wonder what the Portuguese phrase for 'I wonder if I'll keep my lunch down?' might be

VW track test.JPG

• Funny Funny x 9
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

“Sera que vou guardar o almoço na barriga?”

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

There is. But not exactly this model version (but rather an older one)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

No, I just created another Steam account ;-)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to be clear: Uninstalling AMS2 will not allow you to download the AMS2 Demo. Steam still knows that your account already has the full AMS2, no matter if it's installed or not. If you have already acquired AMS2 at some point, the only way to get access to AMS2 Demo is by using another Steam account that hasn't acquired AMS2 yet, such as by creating a new temporary Steam account.

• Informative Informative x 9
  17. B Stu

B Stu Member

You would have to request Ams2 to be removed from your Steam account (think you can request it back though) Not that you'd want to do that in these circumstances. I HAVE had to do this before when upgrading some games to the Full Ultimate Bling Edition while already owning the base game.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

or just be a little patient and wait for the update on ams2 is here, saves a lot of hassle for just the car(s), since the track is already in it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  19. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The videos on YouTube for the TSI Cup show a lot of Reiza early release problems. I think it needs more time anyway. Should be refined when it hits AMS2 main.

20. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Once removed you can't ask it back.

• Agree Agree x 2