Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Lepegit870

Lepegit870 New Member

I bought the AMS2 season pass 2020-2022 some time ago, and now that they have that new all inclusive bundle, it says it costs like a 110€ for me, because even though I own all the tracks from the premium track packs, and the F-USA content, the season pass has given me the tracks seperately, so not the premium track pack, and for the F-USA it has given the pt 1 and pt 2 and not the complete package, so it basicly adds the premium and the complete pack prices to my the all inclusive pack. So I'm actually missing like 3 dlcs, which would cost like 20€ seperately. The whole dlc thing is kind of a **** show, and it sucks that I can't get the 15% off.

EDIT: oh someone already posted about this. Hope this gets fixed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I assume you have reset your setup to default as recommended?

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The 2020-2022 Season Pass got a Steam glitch causing it to be named Supercars Pt1 on checkout even though that´s not what it is, something that has been a source of confusion for users buying it for a while now. We´ve already requested that to be fixed by Valve but unfortunately it´s an issue that has persisted for over one year now.

In light of that offering the Bundle with the Premium Packs and a bigger discount was the only thing we could do to provide new users with a single purchase option without causing further confusion, but obviosly that leaves existing Season Pass owners without the option to top off their DLC items through the Bundle. If that ever gets sorted we will add a second Bundle option with the same properties for Season Pass owners, but it´s out of our hands for the time being.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Let me say that your openness and communication is very much appreciated. It is very pleasant and a welcome change to other companies. I also love the teams passion. Just let us know in time if things are not pleasant anymore to come over here and communicate. So that we as a community can hopefully fix that issue. Because to me and I guess many others such direct communication and so frequently is worth a lot. So thank you for that and the whole team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Reiza i love you. I don't know what the f*ck you have done but i love you. The cars in the changelog are alive now... just... alive! Such joy to throw around.

Just... just forget 1.4 and 1.5

1.5.5.2 is where it's at! Cars are so much less forgiving now. Much easier to spin. You can no longer rest on your laurels!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I definitely noticed the LMDH being a little bit more challenging to drive. But it was still fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All right. My 2 projects for 2024 (being very flexible just to mention it right at the beginning :whistle:). My plan is to do the races around the calendar dates in real life. Means kickoff is in the 2nd week of March for project #1 and then more or less all 2 weeks like it was in 1991 (hope I remember on the season opener soon enough :D:D).

1. F1 Classic
    Fully F1 1991 calendar with all the tracks (some replacements) with original dates, real weather and original race length. I'll go for the Scuderia into it and take the spot of Alesi. Let's see if I can keep up with Prost and if we can match up with the top favs Williams and McLaren. Championship is already set up.

2. WEC/IMSA
    As for my F1 classic season I'd like to do the same for endurance races. I'll just wait some time to get a feeling when the new content reiza already announced could appear. If this will take a bit longer into 2024 I maybe set up a calendar inspired by the WEC calendars in the former years and bring a mix of tracks where the races took place to not fall too much behind in months to reality. About the lenght of sessions, I still have to take a big breath and figure out what race distance could still feel healty to me :D:D:whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Actually scrap this folks, my apologies there was an alternative to cater for everyone I was oblivious to.

There are now two Bundle options - one designed for owners of one or both Premium Packs, and the other for owners of the 2020-2022 Season Pass. As a new user to AMS2, you´ll only need to pick one Bundle - both will then offer the option to complement your DLC collections with new DLC releases as they become available.

Announcement text amended in OP to reflect this change.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  9. kludger

kludger New Member

Obrigado for the quick fix, we really appreciate your awesome support, on the weekend even!

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Grabbed the SP version of the bundle for a nice Le Mans discount :whistle: Does the bundle account for future content or does it need to be topped up with every new addition?

11. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Assessing Yearly Season Passes for AMS2 DLCs

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Yes, Great!
    I'm so glad you Reiza Guys finally almost nailed it. The "Minor slick tread adjustments" improved the car's behaviour to the better. Now the car (tested with Porsche GT3 old gen) behaves more realistically: Not sliding/pushing over all 4 wheels any longer so smuch (I mean over- and understeering at the same time when driving a bit over the grip limit) but still holding a realistic amount of grip at the front tires, while being sensitive to oversteer at the rear.

In a next step still a bit less forgiving slip behaviour and AMS2 is gold.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

WOW :hurrayreiza: I dont know how, but this update is pure MAGIC, I tested GT3s old, new, GT4s, LMDh and I am happy simracer, huge positive improvement in tyres grip feel on the edge, throttle steer feels amazing, more challenging to drive, great great great job and big surprise. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

i've done something similar, for 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993! don't forget to get the liveries by Immersion Modding Studio. My hot tip is to use long beach for the "Phoenix" round. It's a US Street circuit that is actually far more interesting than the actual little-used Phoenix circuit, and gives the same vibe (if you watch the Phoenix videos from those years you can barely tell they're not from Long Beach, but for the weather which you can choose anyway). Also looks like Bugatti Le Mans circuit can stand in for the French GP, and in my alternate universe I pretend Austro-Hungary never broke up so I use Austria for the Hungaroring. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  15. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thx for the advices :)
    Fun fact: I do have Long Beach instead of Phoenix, Bugatti for the French GP and Spielberg for Hungary in my season indeed:cool::D:)

And the liveries, great work btw., will be used :)

16. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like your F1 Classic racing project.

Here is something i'd like to do : the underdog gets the world championship.

Challenge 1 : F1 1974 - Watkins Glen - Clay Regazzoni wins for Ferrari. You're Clay Regazzoni and you're driving for Ferrari. After Mosport (Round 14), you are head to head against Emmerson Fittipaldi (52 pts). You need to finnish ahead of him to get the world title in USA, Watkins Glen.

Challenge 2 : F1 1983 - Monza, Brands Hatch, Kyalami - René Arnoux wins for Ferrari. You're René Arnoux, and you just won the Dutch GP. You're only 8 pts behind Prost, 6 pts ahead of team mate Patrick Tambay, and Nelson Piquet. You have to outscore Prost in the final races.

Challenge 3 : F1 1986 - Adélaïde - Nelson Piquet gets his 3rd title in 1986 ! You're Nelson Piquet. You're 1 pt behind Prost and 7 pts behind Mansell before going to Australian GP, the big finale.

Challenge 4 : F1 1990 - Spa, Monza, Estoril, Jerez, Suzuka, Adélaïde - Prost gets the title for Ferrari. You're Alain Prost and you're driving for Ferrari. You're obviously fighting against your best ennemy, Ayrton Senna. After the race in Hungary, you're 10 pts from Senna. But with 6 races to go anything is still possible.

Challenge 4 : F1 1991 - Spa, Monza, Estoril, Jerez, Suzuka, Adélaïde - Mansell gets his 1st title in 1991. You're Nigel Mansell, your Williams is fantastic, but you're still 12 points behind Ayrton Senna. Fortunately, there are still 6 races to go.

Challenge 5 : F1 1993 - Spa, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka, Adélaïde - Senna gets an incredible 4th title for McLaren. You're Ayrton Senna, you're driving the "underpowered" McLaren-Ford. After Hungarian GP, you're 27 pts behind Prost and its dominant Williams-Renault... that is probably to be the most difficult challenge.

We can imagine a lot of challenges like this. We don't even need to replace tracks, as we jump into the season to compete the last races !

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The new tyres take some time to get used to, but they’re nice. Still very frustrating to get used to, but a very nice addition

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

I will be away from sim until next week .
    Would you mind elaborate a bit more why the need to get used to and why frustrating?
    I am trying to understand what to expect by the comments, since the changelog reallt reports what I was waiting for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well I was driving the Cadillac LMDh around Le Mans and the loss of grip with high temps is a lot more than before. Since my setup used to produce a lot of heat into the rear tyres, I could really feel the car sliding and spinning. It got frustrating since I had to change some stuff, but the feeling of grip loss is a lot easier to feel and it’s easier to know what’s happening

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For those who drive mainly on AMS2, I'm sure changes that reduce grip / make it peakier can take some adjustment, especially if you have setups build with more fogiving handling as basis. It doesn't feel that different to me, but that is probably mainly because I'm jumping between two sims and it's stil (much) easier to lose the car in the other one.. (and I never have learned to properly utilize that extra grip I have had in AMS2).