Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Am I The Only One (2).jpg

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Mosport is really "under-represented" (if that's a word) in sims. There are mods, of course, but I can't remember if there ever was an "official" version. It's a really fun track, with its own particular challenges. I really hope it will be included in AMS2 eventually, even if last season IMSA stupidly decided that only LMP2 and GT cars would race there.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The reason for that would be that it's one of these hotlap tracks that are impossible to overtake on in anything faster than an F-Inter... ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Mosport would fit a lot of cars already in AMS2- club racing would be a riot in it, it's on the IMSA calendar, even F1 had a brief few trips there in the 60s and 70s (historical version pls?)

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

AMS2 now has 7 billion users, that at least answers the 'is a decent MP experience required for success' question once and for all.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You must be joking my good man:D
    I was an iRacing member when that game was 100% MP.
    And had a lot of fun racing on this track.
    I mean - if you are unable to overtake on the looong curved Andretti straight (inside blue) then...
    A good exit from the challenging Moss corner to the right - and then you are free to be able to overtake 2-3 cars who believe all the racing happens in the 1st corner:D

Mosport-RC-track-elevation-map2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I love that track, did bunch of races on LFM/rF2 (mod track of course) on it and it great, real rollercoaster with those elevation changes. A lot of the races were multiclass too (LMP2+GT3). There is plenty of challenging places where people can make mistakes and open up overtaking possibilities and it also eats you tires easily, which brings out differences between drivers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Most of tracks you mentioned have elevation changes (which I love myself too), and Sebring has none, and it's not amazing to look at either. At first I wasn't crazy about it, but it really has grown on me over time. The speciality of the track is in the different the surfaces and some really tricky and varied corners to master.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd argue Sebring has a huge number of elevation changes, they're just really small in scale and duration as you drive over them ;)

• Funny Funny x 16
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Sebring is special due to its varied surfaces in RL, making it brutal for endurance racing. The bumps can easily unsettle the car when pushing hard.

Some of my most intense sim-racing experiences have taken place at rF2's Sebring. With motion and VR, it will make a believer out of a lot more players - at least the ones that don't get sick in the process. :p:D

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Time will tell I guess :)

12. Ettore

Probably being Detroit new if it is ever done, it may have to come later, if nothing just because someone needs to go there scanning it before modeling is done and it can only be done during the actual race weekend I would guess.

13. Ettore

In some cases the promoter of the series may even have the right under the agreement with the manufacturers to market the series inclusive of the cars and teams as a whole and in that case they would not have to ask permission to the single manufacturer. Though there would surely be a concurrent revenues share agreement. Pretty sure F1 works like that.

14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Personally, I am just looking forward to finally getting the option to limit the number of cars rendered BEHIND mine. Apparently was going to be in the next release cycle.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I suppose Kunos has this type of agreement with SRO for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I assume F1 with FOM is an anomaly, as it is in almost every other non-licensing way, too.

17. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Moto go on the original Xbox did that. Every online lobby was a championship and it totted up the points as the races happened. Leave and return and back to zero points. It was brilliant as there was always something to aim for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

That sounds awesome! Where did they say that they will add this feature? I must have missed that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Theoretically it was said here.

• Like Like x 1
  20. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Renato mentioned the update would come by end-of-month.

Being new to AMS2, I’m curious — are updates always rolled out on the same day (last Friday of the month, for example) are do they arrive simply “when ready?” I’m super excited for this update and genuinely want to clear space on my calendar.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2