1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can believe that from the incar videos I've seen, and just how much noise the tires make in my roadcar on a certain peice of seamed concrete road I know

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Iracing now has a sound function where you can add the effect of a helmet or helmet and plugs! Which is cool but you can have this by just simracing in a real helmet with plugs!;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

I think it is some of the best sound in the business in terms of detail and samples and accurate tones, but yeah he did say that the reverb from walls in particular was over amplified and I agree, but thats with default settings, you can make the road noise and engine noise louder or quieter theres so many sound settings, like he said the tires are too noisey, but you can tune them, right out in sound settings, he said himself you could propbably tune it to be more like the real cockpit

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Im so chuffed you picked up on that, nice one mate!

5. Tarmac Terrorist

I've been surprised at how good they were in the multiclass test, but they do have their own set of issues, and of course, every sim could still have better A.I. with more development. As I said in an earlier post, I think in certain ways ACC's A.I. are just a touch better than AMS2's, but Then AMS2's can do things other sims (ACC included) A.I. just can't (or can't atm).

6. pr07

pr07 Member

I feel like it's not just the AI that matters to this though. In any race I do, after I pit, the tyre wear reduces massively. The same compound of tyres from the first stint wear around 3 or 4 times faster after a pitstop. I usually race with tyre wear multipliers though, maybe it just stops taking them into account, and the AI is also not affected by this.
    So, for example, I've done many 1/3 distance classic F1 GPs, in which the tyres initially can only last roughly a third of the race, but after my pitstop, I can easily do double the laps on the same compound, while the AI can't.

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks V much mate! Unfortunately i've got very little experience when it comes to A.I. racing in RRE and its not installed atm (only due to lack of space, else id have it).

RF2 I do have plenty of experience, and the A.I. were a real problem till they finally started addressing some of their major issues just over a year ago, they are much better now but still have problems.

"Your summary of the test and comparison would be interesting too. What do you think how the sims are dealing with it?"

Now to answer that I'd have to say pretty much what I said to @Marc Collins earlier, that would have to be a long essay or video, theres so many subtlties.

Put it this was if i was to put the sims in asending order going from least capable to most capable (just in terms of A.I. multiclass ability atm) it would go RF2, AMS2, ACC
    However its just not that simple either, and also things could change with the next update! I've seen certain combos A.I. get better, get worse, then loads better, then better again, then a little bit worse, then tonnes better, then a tad worse, a tiny bit worse again, a load better, then a smidge worse again over the corse of AMS2's development, for all the steps back they take, they always make strides forward!;)

I Also need to try a long Multiclass race in AC & Iracing (Heck I'd try it in RRE and even Wreckfest if I had the SSD space for em all!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Using Tire wear multiplaiers really screws up some of the classes A.I. if it did'nt id use multiplers to speed up tests on seeing if the A.I. pit when they should, but you cant with some because it puts their tire wear right out of joint with yours and makes for pointless races. As for tires wearing slower after you've pitted, I've not really experienced that but I suppose one factor is you may peak (in terms of how hard you are pushing the car) early on your first stint, but settle into a better more relaxed rythem, that is not nessarcerely slower but puts less strain on the tires later in the race, other than factors like that I dont know, AMS2 has been changing practically every time I fire it up lately so its hard to keep up with weather a certain feature is working properly or not from one day to the next without hours of testing

9. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Great little bit of footage from last weekend’s Scope classic at Ruapuna.

sound wise it would be good to have more of the backfiring coming through in Ams2 .
    But other than that , the kerbs where not noisy, at least the camera couldn’t pick up those frequencies, and the only time there was the kind of shingle smashing around noises that Acc has , was when off track . Which is what you would expect.

considering the amount of Nissans in ams2 , there’s a couple in this that could be included at some point ….

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Serrated kerbs are the noisy ones...doesn't appear to be any of those at that track. They also cause a lot of vibration--enough to remind you to avoid them, or, to break the car after repeated use.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Marc Collins

Would be good to know if all the reports and problems with the inappropriate wear rates involve accelerated wear. Systematically fixing/resetting all those problems is likely a lot easier than finding some random cause for widely variable wear.

12. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Yeah you definitely feel them as much as hear them ,
    I think the kerb sounds in Ams2 are adequate. And I don’t have any trouble in feeling them . Even non serrated kerbs have a thud as you run onto and off .

13. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FWIW I never use acceleration for fuel, tire wear, mechanical wear etc and when I let the AI take over for me in longer races it still burns through tires way faster than me. Most recent car I used with the Sigma P1. The tires were changed, but the UI never updated and the AI only made it through 65L of the 100L of fuel before pitting without my input for new tires.

So a couple issues. Even if tires get changed they are not considered changed for the AI, and the AI burns through the tires as if it had worn at my rate they'd have had 50+% left easily after a second stint, but instead were sub 20% on most the tires in a fraction of the laps I ran.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You´ll get it in the next cycle.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Thank you kind sir. This is awesome news. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It would help tremendously if you could name the classes in which you´ve observed that big discrepancy in the AI performance discrepancy reports thread , much like other posts about AI issues being specific and posting it in the right place will go a long way getting the issue fixed - I´ve just spotted @sgsfabiano report about AI poor start performance with some F-Classic models which have now been addressed, but it´s very easy to miss these if they are just posted in the middle of the discussion flow of a relase thread.

I know users often post in frustration to vent about about issues that spoiled their race, but at least as far as sheer performance & strategy discrepancies we can very quickly mitigate if not completely erradicate them so long as we are aware of them - please help us turn that frustration into a positive by reporting on the issue in the one place we´re sure not to miss so that doesn´t happen again :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Brett Nagle

So should we post in that thread over the beta AI discussion thread and feedback? Because I've had a couple posts in that thread, but I don't know if anyone has seen or looked into my post.

18. Brett Nagle

I've noticed the same thing. I ran into an issue where the game swapped my tires when I pitted and let the AI take control. The tires were swapped, but when the AI took over the tires were still worn. What made it worse is the AI burned through the tires and what should have been an easy double stint with plenty of tires left resulted in the AI unprompted pitting with 37ish L of fuel left (started with 100L) to get new tires. It's a major issue that I hope gets looked at soon.

The other thing I'd like to see is in series that doesn't allow you to fuel and take tires simultaneously like in Endurance Brasil that the AI will try different strategies like double stinting tires etc. Currently they seem to always take fuel and tires which means you get a huge advantage in the pits if you double stint even once.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Marc Collins

It's OK to do both places, but if you are only willing to post once, then do it there :)

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the sound reverb like in an empty tank is a bit over the top too in ACC. It really triggers me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1