Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. mansell

mansell Active Member

Will Automobilista 2 have a Career mode?

Yes, the endgame for Automobilista 2 is to deliver the most comprehensive and true-to-life career mode ever designed for a racing game, connecting the game´s incredibly vast and ever-growing ensemble of Cars and Tracks into a cohesive journey across several decades of motorsports. This however should only be added to the game towards the second half of 2021

this is from AMS2 official FAQ. :D
    how difficult it is for a forum moderator to edit "2021" or just delete the last sentence?
    Automobilista 2 FAQ

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Has been corrected, thanks for the heads-up!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I'll be damned. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

"This however should only be added to the game NET 2025."
    What means "NET"?

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

No earlier than

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Thanks.

7. CrimsonEminence

Changed for better clarification! :)

• Like Like x 7
  8. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

@Marc Collins

freezes are happening with other real life players every 5 mins like clockwork on ranked. UDP off, steam cloud off now I will try the 250 suggestion but not holding my breath. Nothing in W11 task monitor suggesting the spike either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Would it happen with internet off?

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Kind of hard to play MP with no Internet...

• Funny Funny x 8
  11. Racinglegend1234

True, I didn’t remember if it was MP or AI

12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

250 was a terrible idea, it takes forever to get the lobby list to show up then join a lobby. I am going to leave things how they were and let you guys figure it out. The only other thing I can try is to game the ranked system to see if I can quit before the 5 min mark and it doesn´t penalise me to prove it is to do with the safety/ranked system.

The fact that 90% of the live lobbies are not ranked would suggest other people have had this issue and can´t be bothered with ranked anymore. The game within a game to see how not to crash your car every 5 minutes when it freezes only goes so far before it gets boring.

Last test would be to replciate it in PC1 but dunno if anyone still plays that in MP.

13. Racinglegend1234

Do you have MP logs of races you’ve done where this lag happens?

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried a clean W10 install? Just ultraclean. No antivirus, just lastest nvidia update, chipset drivers update, latest W10 updates, no other programs, etc etc etc.
    Alternatively you could turn off your antivirus and see how it goes. It's somewhere on your side. Maybe your router, or modem, or a flying zero, or anything else. Me and many others have no problems on ranked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The computer was new and I did a clean install of W11 when I bought it.
    What would all of that have to do with ranked only races? Guys this is getting boring, the problem is iwth the game otherwise it would happen in all sessions - how hard can it be to get it?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

I think the thing is that, AFAIK, only you or a few people are having this issue. People are trying to figure out what the cause might be by asking questions. I assume that you’ve tried doing the same in other sims and they work. That might mean that it’s the game, but I don’t know

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes I appreciate the good intentions and assistance but when people ask the same questions over and over that were already answered 2 or 3 messages before it obviously gets wearing. It is probably best I don´t say any more about the issue and just use the game in the parts that work fine, which are the majority. I only stepped in to defend the other fellow who was getting told that the problem was on his end and he was the only one having it.

AMS2 has more than its fair share intermittent/random/unsolved MP issues to place the onus of blame on the game rather than the player- Harsh? Maybe, but it´s the reality.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nobody said it has to be on their side, but that it's more likely scenario than clear bug in the game. I'm confident the devs would fix it, if it's clearly the game fault. There is probably some "blame" on the game, but because it doesnt' cause problems with majority, it's probably more some rarer compability issue, which can be really hard to track down and fix or improve (those are some of the worst).

for sure there is MP bugs in AMS2, can't deny that, but it doesn't mean all problems are automatically because of AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

So how do you explain that external hardware or software or even the player are somehow coming into play only and exactly when the AMS2 race clock in ranked races strikes 5 minute intervals yet is unable to provoke the same freezes in any other game modes or in any other game? It´s like Cinderella´s carriage at midnight, clockwork perfection.

The assists bug has never been fully fixed either but that one is more random and intermittent although more people maybe sufffered it. This bug is at least super consistent and highly localised.

20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't paid attention to the ingame timer, but when the ranking system is turned on, several people suffer from stutters in our league races, which is why most of the communities i race with turned it off, sometimes by accident there was a race where it was accidentally turned on, and people noticed it by the stutters they experienced.

I am talking about when a dedi server is used, i can't say what it's like when using an ingame created lobby.