Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

V5000 will be online soon and then I'll have a vacation :)There will be 2 files. The 1 file will be for dd bases only. The 2 file will be for belt bases only. I had the opportunity to tune my file with a Thrustmaster T300 RS. In addition, the following belt bases with in-game and base settings will be found:
    Thrustmaster T150
    Thrustmaster T300RS
    Thrustmaster T500
    Fanatec csl 2.5
    Fanatec csw V2

This will make the 2 files even more precise and accurate because it has been tuned to dd and belt bases. See you later

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I am curious about something.
    After trying Stakanov files, i notice the steering is much more sensitive even with the power steering turned to 0 in the file. I still use full rotation on my wheel and let the per car soft lock take care of that part but it still feels very twitchy or over sensitive with Stakanov files.
    I'm wondering if the power steering part of the code is connected to anything at the moment.

Even testing other files with a power steering at 0 and its not as sensitive.

How is it so different from a file that someone created to another file that someone else created at the same power steering settings in the file?

Am i missing another setting in the file that can contribute to this feeling of being to twitchy?

I know those files arent exactly ready for mainstream yet but i hope this opinion of mine is helpful and doesn't offend the great work that is done here.

3. KwaziPigInnit

KwaziPigInnit New Member

I have lived @ No 13 for 20 years and it's always been good to me. So maybe I should dive in ?
    Here we go

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Yes, you are eligible to try FullFFB v13 :D.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Danielkart

Hello guys!

As promised, here is my custom V5000 for you.There are 2 files specifically adapted for dd bases and the 2nd file adapted for belt bases.All bases are listed with recommended IN-game settings and base settings in the file.I would like to point out that these recommendations only apply to my file and it does not automatically work for other files or the defaults.

The 1st file is only for dd bases and was adapted and tested with a Simucube 2 Pro and a Moza R21 V2.
    An important note for these dd bases: There are bases that have static force regulation.Use this option because it will significantly improve your FFB.

The following dd bases have been optimized for the V5000:

Optimized for Simucube 2 Pro (25Nm) (My reference base)
    Optimized for Simucube 2 Sport (17Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R21 V2 (21Nm) (My 2nd base)
    Optimized for Moza R16 V2 (16Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R12 V2 (12Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R 9 V2 (9Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD1 (20Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD2 (25Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL DD Base (8Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha Mini (10Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha (15NM)
    Optimized for Simagic Ultimate (23Nm)
    Optimized for AssetekLaGreat (12Nm)
    Optimized forAssetek Forte (18Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Invicta (27Nm)
    Optimized for VRS (20Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C15 (15Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C12 (12Nm)

The second file is only for belt bases and was adapted and tested with a Thrustmaster T300RS.I deliberately did not use bases that are less powerful than a T300 RS (4Nm).It would require too many compromises in the file with even weaker bases.

The following belt bases have been optimized for the V5000:

Optimized for Thrustmaster T300RS (4Nm) (My tested base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T500 (5Nm)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T-GT / T-GT II / TS-PC / TS-XW (6Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL Elite 2.5 (6Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSW V2 (7Nm)

Addendum:
    Set the gain for the following belt bases Thrustmaster T-GT / T-GT II / TS-PC / TS-XW to 100% and not to 75% as stated
    Overall Strength of all forces: 100%

Have fun with the files and driving and I wish you all a nice summer vacation :)

1 file: Daniel's Custom File V5000 for dd bases
    2 file: Daniel's Custom File V5000 for belt bases

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 5
  6. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

@Danielkart

Hi Daniel, I just tested your V5000 with My Moza R9 Gen1 and since I'm playing, ehh driving, on a wheel stand, I only set the Pithouse Gain to 90% and the FFB per car to 50-60% (depending on the car), I have to say it just feels absolutly perfect. Thanks for all your constant work on improving the FFB feeling for all of us and for helping out when there are problems and questions. You're the man!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also just tried the latest @Danielkart file.
    TS-XW belt file.

Upped the gain a little and also LFB from the suggested levels, as i prefer a slightly heavier wheel. Feels really good and going to test for a few days.
    Been testing on various cars in the beta and it works very nicely with the 1.6 physics/cars/tracks.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1.5.9.8.jpg

ATMOS 1.5.9.8.x BASE
    ATMOS 1.5.9.8.x BASE + Partial Old_D_raw
    ATMOS 1.5.9.8.x BASE + Initial NDef_imm
    ATMOS 1.5.9.8.x BASE + Partial NDef_imm

Certain circuits are a hell of bumps and curbs (thanks to the users who silently pointed out the need to speed up the corrections to be made on this circuit), if we then add the need to fix what was previously requested by users regarding the bumps, the tests on the beta version of the game 1.5.9.8 were the right opportunity to fix the anomalies.
    The GT3s in "certain circuits" are spectacular and the excessive movement of the cars on video matches the movement of the steering wheel.

CHANGELOG
    - micro_bumps and kerbs
    (reduced the amplitude of the effects to the original value of the rFuctor, however increased the damping of the same to avoid excessively high peaks in micro_bumps and kerbs and rebalanced everything by increasing the spring of the effects)
    - large_bumps (road and offroad)

(increased the amplitude of the effects and delayed the onset of large bumps compared to micro bumps, increased damping here too to avoid peaks on medium bumps)
    - suspension
    (increased the amplitude of the effect, changed the final suspension calculation not as a difference between front and rear but as a sum to be able to feel even the largest bumps not previously detected)

- only some tuning values have been changed in line with what was found by the users who kindly carried out extensive tests and who I therefore thank.

Those who used the previous version of ATMOS 1.5.9.2 can easily copy their previous tunes into version 1.5.9.8 ... obviously I recommend recalibrating the scales of the 3-4 objects described above (micro and large bumps scale, kerb Surface scale and suspension scale) in order to find their own taste if necessary.

I remind you that the final adjustments will be made only after the release of the final version 1.6 of the game.

I hope you like it and as always I hope I haven't made any typing errors... Good evening everyone.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Nice spoiler….

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

edit: irrelevant

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Stakanov

you're right I didn't think about it and it escaped me... I apologize to Reiza for the spoiler, my levity.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit: disregard

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. TargetRace

TargetRace New Member

Thanks again @Stakanov for this file that is my favorite. I'm repeating myself like last time on my base it is felt very, very well and all versions of the ATMOS are difference nuance.
    I'm curious to see where it will go and what it will become!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. wickfut

wickfut Member

Q. I have a Logi G Pro wheel with Trueforce. Are there settings within the custom configs which use it, and if so what are they so I can fiddle with them?
    thanks

15. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

hmm never mind that comment. Just tried the default profiles and the more sensitive files feel more like what was intended

16. Stakanov

I apologize if I missed it... everything is ok here and it works as it should, and yes the powersteering is connected to the code... at 0 it is linear and the curve is a straight line and for values greater than 0 the sensitivity increases and tThe straight line curves downwards in a convex manner ... so I don't know how to help you, if I increase the value beyond 0 what needs to happen happens ... that is, with values above 0 less movement (starting from the center) is needed to reach the desired angle so it moves more quickly, but for me is bad, then i prefer 0 ... I don't know what others file you use, in the reiza profiles the rack is secret and the ratio_scale is /10 ((ratio_scale (/ steer_ratio 10))) , in the rfactor it is more sensitive /8 ((ratio_scale (/ steer_ratio 8))), and I wouldn't answer on comparisons or on other users... but many have errors in the code right in the rotation (ratio_scale e steering_angle) ... returning to my file this is the variable...

(power_steering_angle 0.000)

and this is the code it links to....

# Power steering ------------------------------------------------------
    (a_l (abs angle_d_l))
    (a_r (abs angle_d_r))
    (f (* (max 0.001 power_steering_angle) 25))
    (a_l (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 (* f a_l)))))
    (a_l (/ a_l (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 f)))))
    (a_r (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 (* f a_r)))))
    (a_r (/ a_r (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 f)))))
    (a_l (/ a_l (max 0.000000001 (abs angle_d_l))))
    (a_r (/ a_r (max 0.000000001 (abs angle_d_r))))
    (n 0.00001)
    (pn (/ (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 (* f n)))) (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 f)))))
    (angle_d_l (* angle_d_l a_l (/ n pn)))
    (angle_d_r (* angle_d_r a_r (/ n pn)))

and then all is ok ... and this is the graph of the function and how it works.....

power steering

If you set the variable L = 0 you will get two lines and no help for powersteering (from center at 0 position)!!! ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. KwaziPigInnit

KwaziPigInnit New Member

Think I may of spoken too soon.

I have a large-ish lump in my Xiphoid process. Bottom of sternum. Almost big enough to hang me coat on.
    Painfull when I breath and tearing it around the Green Hell. :eek:
    Also pains on the left below my Heart. Blood pressure :eek:
    Anyway I'm fine. I think. Just need to see a Dr, now only if I could contact a Dr :(
    Thanks Crowdstrike/WEF/Blackrock. They are all linked. :whistle:

When I get a real chance I will give it a good try. For now I'm out of action
    till I rule things out. :(

Also what is this supposed to be :hurrayreiza: o_O

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Manolo

Manolo Member

Thanks for doing these tests and this update to the code of the file (which you will surely refine further in the future), I know you had other thoughts, so a double thank you ... ;)

You are a good person but watch out for the medicines they give you and then you will come back here all euphoric and you inadvertently get the spoiler (which by the way I missed because I only turned on the PC now) ... life is full of bumps!!! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Danielkart

Good evening! I know that Thrustmaster T300 or T500 had to deal with overheating problems. And I think they limited the gain at the base. That means 75% (T300) or 60% (T500) is actually 100% gain and the maximum. I also assumed this with the Thrustmaster T-GT / T-GT II / TS-PC / TS-XW and therefore recommended 75% gain on the base. If this is not the case then I will of course correct the values. Maybe you know and can help me? Or someone who also owns a base like this? Thanks for your feedback, it's very useful:)

20. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as i'm aware, none of the TSPC variants like my TS-XW suffer from the overheating issues of the T300/500 range. I've always run my wheel base at 100% gain without issues.

• Informative Informative x 1