Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. muzarati

muzarati Member

What is gamma in relation to forces and what does it do? o_O

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

"Gamma" changes the rate a curve goes from point A to point B.
    Since our senses are not linear in nature, applying a gamma to a signal (let it be light, sound or forces) makes it appears more smooth, more linear to us. Changes it's caractheristics and our perception.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, I have just tuned and tested my "V6000 extreme" with the Thrustmaster T300. Make sure you use 100% gain ( at the base) otherwise you will waste a lot of Nm and therefore a lot of feedback. There will also be new bases that I will include in the file. So-called hybrid bases (a combination of belt drive and gear drive) that would be Thrustmaster T150 (2Nm) Thrustmaster T128 (2.5Nm) and Thrustmaster T248 (3.5Nm). "LFB" will no longer be necessary in the next file, not even for very weak bases, it will already be integrated in the file. Now I'm waiting for the update 1.6 to tune it to that:)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  5. j0k3r0815

j0k3r0815 New Member

I read and heard alot about that custom ffb files, would you recommend to use such a ffb file with my DD+ and where can I find these custom ffb files? Thanks in advance and have a nice sunday

6. muzarati

muzarati Member

@Joaquim Pereira Is there a way to soften some of the road noise? I've tried several entries but can't seem to find it, not sure if it's the road texture, suspension or just the physics.

7. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

May I ask for that file, good sir tuner? I would like to try it with the beta (I have CSL DD).

8. Danielkart

It will come after update 1.6 and the changes and improvements will be very big for dds and for belt bases;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Joaquim Pereira

What's new:
    • Introduced a counteracting yaw force to compensate the (excessive?) forces from tie rods
    • Introduced rear suspension contribution
    • Adjusted brake feeling (tighter feeling)
    • Adjusted weight transfer function
    • (please, read the notes - very important to achieve more pleasure and less pain...)
    Still to improve/implement:
    • (no roadmap)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Works very well with my R9 great work

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danielkart

Hello guys!
    As it seems that it will take a while until Reiza 1.6 is released, I will post the 2 V6000 extreme files tomorrow.To be honest, I don't think there will be much to change in the customs after 1.6 and if there is, then of course there will be a small update.As I said, these 2 files will contain the biggest changes and improvements so far, the changelog will be long ;)

See you tomorrow

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

HYPED!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have beta access and can check them for any glaring issues tomorrow. I’ll give feedback once they are out

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Danielkart

Very nice of you ;) I have no concerns, for me 1.4 to 1.5 was the big game changer in physics and the tire model. But even then the customs still worked well, and I don't think 1.6 will change anything about that

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

Hello the braking part give so much information gg !!

16. Danielkart

Hi guys!

It's time for the new custom files V6000 extreme. Why the name "V6000 extreme"? Well, these new files will make everything more extreme and precise than any file I've published so far. There is an extreme new grip level, extreme stability of the cars, extreme feedback from the various curbs, extreme feedback from the road conditions and much more. I also try to give you very precise recommendations for the in-game settings and base settings, so that you get as much feedback as possible, but as little clipping and anomalies as possible. The goal is to adapt your base and your in-game settings as perfectly as possible to the V6000 extreme file and to use the potential of your base as much as possible. However, I would like to point out that these recommendations of mine do not automatically have to work for previous files of mine or other files or Reizas defaults.

Changes and improvements V6000 extreme:

1. The brake balance and feel have been adjusted
    2. When braking hard, there are no jerky movements of the steering axle and no strong swinging of the wheel
    3. The brake jitter during hard braking has been increased and is now better felt in the wheel
    4. The back pressure during braking has been reduced, which was too great, especially in GT3/GT4/GT5 and FWD cars
    5. Tyre slip has been adjusted
    6. Extreme new grip level to be felt, this creates a great stability until the final grip loss of the cars (no floating cars to be felt)
    7. The different curbs and the road feedback have been adjusted. Curbs can now be felt that were not felt by me in previous versions. A very immersive experience on the curbs
    8. Static force regulation (for dd bases) is now better integrated into the V6000 extreme without any other anomalies. This means that the high forces at slow speeds and in slow corners could be reduced without losing punch or too much other feedback. Struggling less with the wheel means you feel more fine details. dd bases that do not have a static force reduction will now also benefit from this
    9. The sliding of the cars has been reduced by the fantastic tire grip
    10. The "Flatspot" has been adjusted in both files
    11. No wild swaying of the wheel, could be slightly reduced again (in my opinion, it doesn't belong in any simulation)
    12. The self-alignment of the steering axle to the zero position when accelerating has been increased on FWD cars and all rally cars ( Dirt Cars / KART CROSS Cars / RX Cars)
    13. Adjusted in-game settings and adjusted base settings in both files (dd bases and belt bases)
    14. New belt bases added in the 2nd file. So-called hybrid bases, a combination of belt drive and gear drive
    15. The in-game value (LFB) has been tried to be integrated into the belt file. There is now no longer a need for (LFB) even for weak belt bases, because this value more disadvantages than advantages. This does not have to apply to pure gear bases like Logitech, here it can still be advantageous to use (LFB)

The 1st file is only for dd bases and was adapted and tested with a Simucube 2 Pro and a Moza R21 V2 :

Optimized for Simucube 2 Pro (25Nm) (My Reference Base)
    Optimized for Simucube 2 Sport (17Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R21 V2 (21Nm) (My 2nd Base)
    Optimized for Moza R16 V2 (16Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R12 V2 (12Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R 9 V2 (9Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD1 (20Nm) (My Former Base)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD2 (25Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL DD Base (8Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha Mini (10Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha (15Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Ultimate (23Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Prima (12Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Forte (18Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Invicta (27Nm)
    Optimized for VRS (20Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C15 (15Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C12 (12Nm)

The 2nd file is only for belt bases and hybrid bases and was adapted and tested with a Thrustmaster T300RS. It's crazy how these weak belt bases can still provide excellent feedback:

Optimized for Thrustmaster T128 (2Nm) (Hybrid base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T248 (3.5Nm) (Hybrid-Base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T150 (2Nm) (Hybrid_Base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T300RS (4Nm) (My tested base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T500 (5Nm)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T-GT / T-GT II / TS-PC / TS-XW (6Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL Elite 2.5 (6Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSW V2 (7Nm)

General information:

All these recommendations and suggestions and these 2 custom files are based on my personal taste and my interpretation of how FFB should feel with all the compromises that a (simulation VS reality) entails. It is also based on my experiences with many different systems (bases and immersion hardware) and of course from nice guys based on their feedback, many thanks at this point to these guys. In addition, it should be very easy even for beginners who prefer a custom file, but don't feel like and have time to deal with FFB or all the complicated settings. Then just take the file for your base and set the recommended settings, that's it. Whether someone likes it or not is another subjective thing, if so it's good and if no it's good. There are enough other options with different customs or the defaults of Reiza so that everyone can find their preferred settings.
    The bases are very different. DDs are fundamentally different from belt bases. The forces, processing and output of FFB , the rotation speeds , the torque slew rates ..... and much more. In my opinion, these many differences cannot be solved with only 1 custom file. That's why I have these 2nd files, because they are very specific and precisely tailored to the systems (bases). It doesn't help if you take the 2nd file with a dd base. It is important to take the file for your system (dds 1st file or strap base 2nd file) only in this way you can achieve the best feedback and only then will everything work together harmoniously and put a big grin on your face

Notes for advanced custom users:

Always use 100% vehicle-specific FFB for these V6000 extreme files, otherwise you will change the file and clipping or loss of FFB may occur. The most important slider for these 2 files is the IN-Game Value (FX). The recommended value should not be exceeded, otherwise clipping and other anomalies may occur. On the other hand, this value (FX) can be reduced at will to find your personal sweet spot. Especially interesting if someone is on the road with motion or butt kickers or VR or other immersion hardware and it can then lead to a sensory overload. I know people who then reduce it, I personally ride with the recommended FX values because I love to feel a lot in the wheel and thus in my hands, decide according to your personal taste. Finally, a recommendation from me: Reduce the throttle sensitivity and the brake sensitivity in the in-game settings, I have reduced both values from 50 to 0. Ams2 is the only simulation where I leave this linearity, but with it you achieve much more feeling on the brake and on the throttle and the dosage will be much more precise. Good examples are GT3 or GT1 or GroupC cars without ABS and TC, it will give you a great advantage to reduce the sensitivity . But enough of the words, it's time to play or rather it's time to simulate ;)
    I wish you a lot of fun and fast and intense laps with the V6000 extreme

1 File: Daniel's Custom File V6000 extreme for dd bases
    2 File: Daniel's Custom File V6000 extreme for belts and hybrid bases

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 8:39 AM
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. achus59

achus59 New Member

Thank you for this work!!
    and I'm not home to try it out....aargghh:mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll try it in a few hours on a Mozar12 with the beta firmware. Thank you very much for sharing it.

19. Joaquim Pereira

Can you be more specific?
    I hope you're refering to the change of a sudden push-pull as soon as we break because I use front wheel rotation differencial and that, sometimes, it's harsh and should deserve some attention from me ;) (although "real" is not desireable to show up like that, I agree)

20. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

when i'm braking with a lot of force (GT3 G2 ) i feel in my wheel a little movement that occur. And question is it normal when i have one of my wheel on a flat curb (spielberg) to feel like i'm glue or something like this (hard to describe)