Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Manolo

Manolo Member

No guys, we also have no information about the alleged ATMOS 1.6.x version, so it will have been developed by Stakanov alone and is probably waiting for release after the game update.

I take this opportunity to say a quick hello to the forum users and I also hope, if possible, for an early release of the new ATMOS, from what I understand the physics of the game on beta 1.6 is well underway and having those who can enjoy the beta, do a preventive test, would not be a bad idea. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That’s what I want to do, help out

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

After a short time I will post you the Custom File V6000 Extreme2. These files are the fine-tuning of the previously posted V6000 Extreme. You can read the additional improvements further down in the changelog, everything else remains as before. The files work great for me (no beta access) and also for people with beta access. Even with the definitive update 1.6, I don't think this will change much. I also try to give you very precise recommendations for the in-game settings and base settings, so that you get as much feedback as possible, but as little clipping and anomalies as possible. The goal is to adapt your base and your in-game settings as perfectly as possible to the V6000 Extreme2 file and to use the potential of your base as much as possible. However, I would like to point out that these recommendations of mine do not automatically have to work for previous files of mine or other files or Reizas defaults.

Changes and improvements V6000 Extreme2:

1. The brake balance and feel have been adjusted
    2. When braking hard, there are no jerky movements of the steering axle and no strong swinging of the wheel
    3. The brake jitter during hard braking has been increased and is now better felt in the wheel
    4. The back pressure during braking has been reduced, which was too great, especially in GT3/GT4/GT5 and FWD cars
    5. Tyre slip has been adjusted
    6. Extreme new grip level to be felt, this creates a great stability until the final grip loss of the cars (no floating cars to be felt)
    7. The different curbs and the road feedback have been adjusted. Curbs can now be felt that were not felt by me in previous versions. A very immersive experience on the curbs
    8. Static force regulation (for dd bases) is now better integrated into the V6000 extreme2 without any other anomalies. This means that the high forces at slow speeds and in slow corners could be reduced without losing punch or too much other feedback. Struggling less with the wheel means you feel more fine details. dd bases that do not have a static force reduction will now also benefit from this
    9. The sliding of the cars has been reduced by the fantastic tire grip
    10. The "Flatspot" has been adjusted in both files
    11. No wild swaying of the wheel, could be slightly reduced again (in my opinion, it doesn't belong in any simulation)
    12. The self-alignment of the steering axle to the zero position when accelerating has been increased on FWD cars and all rally cars ( Dirt Cars / KART CROSS Cars / RX Cars)
    13. Adjusted in-game settings and adjusted base settings in both files (dd bases and strap bases)
    14. New strap bases added in the 2nd file. So-called hybrid bases, a combination of belt drive and gear drive
    15. The in-game value (LFB) has been tried to be integrated into the strap file. There is now no longer a need for (LFB) even for weak belt bases, because this value more disadvantages than advantages. This does not have to apply to pure gear bases like Logitech, here it can still be advantageous to use (LFB)

16. (For V6000 Extreme2) The difference between the front axle and the rear axle can now be felt in even more detail
    17. (For V6000 Extreme2) Even less slipping of the cars
    18. (For V6000 Extreme2) The high grip level and the stability of the cars could be increased again
    19. (for V6000 Extreme2) Adjusted in-game settings and adjusted base settings

The 1st file is only for dd bases and was adapted and tested with a Simucube 2 Pro and a Moza R21 V2 :

Optimized for Simucube 2 Pro (25Nm) (My Reference Base)
    Optimized for Simucube 2 Sport (17Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R21 V2 (21Nm) (My 2nd Base)
    Optimized for Moza R16 V2 (16Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R12 V2 (12Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R 9 V2 (9Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD1 (20Nm) (My Former Base)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD2 (25Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL DD Base (8Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha Mini (10Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha (15Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Ultimate (23Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Prima (12Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Forte (18Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Invicta (27Nm)
    Optimized for VRS (20Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C15 (15Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C12 (12Nm)

The 2nd file is only for belt bases and hybrid bases and was adapted and tested with a Thrustmaster T300RS. It's crazy how these weak belt bases can still provide excellent feedback:

Optimized for Thrustmaster T128 (2Nm) (hybrid base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T248 (3.5Nm) (Hybrid-Base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T150 (2Nm) (Hybrid_Base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T300RS (4Nm) (My tested base)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T500 (5Nm)
    Optimized for Thrustmaster T-GT / T-GT II / TS-PC / TS-XW (6Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL Elite 2.5 (6Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSW V2 (7Nm)

General information:
    All these recommendations and suggestions and these 2 custom files are based on my personal taste and my interpretation of how FFB should feel with all the compromises
    that a (simulation VS reality) entails. It is also based on my experiences with many different systems (bases and immersion hardware) and of course from nice guys based on their feedback, many thanks at this point to these guys. In addition, it should be very easy even for beginners who prefer a custom file, but don't feel like and have time to deal with FFB or all the complicated settings. Then just take the file for your base and set the recommended settings, that's it. Whether someone likes it or not is another subjective thing, if so it's good and if no it's good. There are enough other options with different customs or the defaults of Reiza so that everyone can find their preferred settings.

The bases are very different. DDs are fundamentally different from belt bases. The forces, processing and output of FFB , the rotation speeds , the torque slew rates ..... and much more. In my opinion, these many differences cannot be solved with only 1 custom file. That's why I have these 2nd files, because they are very specific and precisely tailored to the systems (bases). It doesn't help if you take the 2nd file with a dd base. It is important to take the file for your system (dds 1st file or strap base 2nd file) only in this way you can achieve the best feedback and only then will everything work together harmoniously and put a big grin on your face

Notes for advanced custom users:
    Always use 100% vehicle-specific FFB for these V6000 Extreme2 files, otherwise you will change the file and clipping or losing FFB may occur. The most important slider for these 2 files is the IN-Game Value (FX). The recommended value should not be exceeded, otherwise clipping and other anomalies may occur. On the other hand, this value (FX) can be reduced at will to find your personal sweet spot. Especially interesting if someone is on the road with motion or butt kickers or VR or other immersion hardware and it can then lead to a sensory overload. I know people who then reduce it, I personally ride with the recommended FX values because I love to feel a lot in the wheel and thus in my hands, decide according to your personal taste. Finally, a recommendation from me: Reduce the throttle sensitivity and the brake sensitivity in the in-game settings, I have reduced both values from 50 to 0. Ams2 is the only simulation where I leave this linearity, but with it you achieve much more feeling on the brake and on the throttle and the dosage will be much more precise. Good examples are GT3 or GT1 or GroupC cars without ABS and TC, it will give you a great advantage to reduce the sensitivity . But enough of the words, it's time to play or rather it's time to simulate

I wish you a lot of fun and fast and intense laps with the V6000 Extreme2

1 File: Daniel's Custom File V6000 Extreme2 for dd bases
    2 File: Daniel's Custom File V6000 Extreme2 for belts and hybrid bases

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

What's new:
    • New lateral G forces algorithm (implemented non linearity)
    • Adjustements in many parameters (rack/effects ratio, fine details, front wheels velocity delta, weight transfer)
    • (please, read the notes - very important to achieve more pleasure and less pain)
    Still to improve/implement:
    • (no roadmap)

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1.6.0.jpg

My initial work is getting close to its final phase (even though it's still in beta until the game comes out) and the experimental phase is therefore over but since the files work well on the current version 1.5.6.3 and also on last beta 1.6.x, I don't see why not take advantage of some of your feedback now, as you hoped. This way I have a margin for correction only if necessary.

These are the last files 1.6.0 that will perhaps also be definitive:

ATMOS 1.6.0 Base
    (Original rFuctor 5.0.1/5.0.1.3/5.0.1.4 with some adaptation and with code extended to all 4 wheels both in the rack and in the effects)

ATMOS 1.6.0 BaseEVO
    (Atmos Base as above - Relax OS_US_YAW functions + the little implementations of other Reiza's base code and variables)

ATMOS 1.6.0 BaseEVO + Partial Old_D_raw
    (Atmos BaseEVO as above + the implementation partial of the profile Default of Reiza's also called "Old_D_raw")

ATMOS 1.6.0 BaseEVO + Partial NDef_imm
    (Atmos BaseEVO as above + the implementation partial of the profile Default+ of Reiza's also called "NDef_imm")

Changelog:
    It will be published here later if necessary or if requested …...

------------------------------------------------------------

I have carried out the definition and corrections of this last file alone, the people who normally or occasionally help me with some tests have not tried it, therefore, if they have some feedback to deliver it will be appreciated ... here or if they prefer in private via messages, it does not matter.

I remind those who do not know the files, that the Reiza code implemented in these files draws on the values, on the variables and on the calculations of the rFuctor, therefore only the logic, the new codes and the new features implemented in the files are in Reiza key, but the calculations, the functioning of all aspects, the new features and the final output is totally rFuctor, being this is the heart and the base that calculates everything.

The files ATMOS are a neutral base that can be used by everyone as the original Reiza profiles, then, with the ATMOS that you will choose (to your taste), I recommend at the starrt wasting most of the time to finding the right values of the sliders in the game (and not dedicating time of tuning), so play, we are here to have fun.

As usual, regards the high range/DD, raise the GAIN to your liking, use (without excluding but not much) the necessary LFB cursor, use the DAMPING as much as necessary and trying to not reach either clipping or wrong oscillations with this 3 cursors, and finally raise FX to your liking,... the medium/low range on the other hand can also risk more a lot the use of the LFB and less the use of DAMPING slider.

In any case for the most demanding at the beginning of the file I inserted some simple recommended value ranges to first experiment with the cursors in the game .... only after and only if necessary modify the main_dials as desired, or, if you are confident with the modifications on the rFuctor files, go directly to modify the individual objects to your taste ... all explanatory notes and some alternative values are indicated within the individual files.

This are my final files (i don't think that the final public version 1.6 of game change more the rules compared to the current beta 1.6.x but only a little the sensations to the physics and tyres) but if necessary we fix with little adjustments that will be made after the release of the final version of the game.

This phase is just a milestone before a new phase of testing begins ... I hope you like it and as always I hope I haven't made any typing errors.

Good evening everyone.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 12:09 AM
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. ConCarRace

ConCarRace New Member

Thank you so much i was waiting for this for a long time. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. TargetRace

TargetRace New Member

First impressions are excellent, both on the Old_D_raw and on the NDef_imm, the first more raw and leveled in the sensations when changing the car within the same category, the second is more subtle and delicate but is more differentiated and the cars in the same category are more differentiated, but I think this is exactly the purpose of the files and two profiles also in Reiza with the Default and the Default+.
    I have not tested the two files in the Base version and for now I have only tested a couple of formula cars in Kansai and various GT3 also on bumpy tracks, but I already love it and I do not notice the anomalies of the first versions.
    I want to do many races and very thorough tests and if possible release a more complete feedback later, but now I join in the thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Manolo

Manolo Member

Hi @Stakanov crazy man … bumps are clearly distinguishable and you can feel the differences between micro bump, large bump and suspension work, I don't know how you did it but the anomaly of tire breakage when you quickly went from right to left with a large load on the tires has been removed (then this is not a scrub problem??), the new variable for the MomentForce Scale is very useful, the same for the variable “low.force.boost”, perhaps I would raise the tear scale to 5.00 and not to 4.80 but it's a personal choice (no problem) ... I forgot, the choice to eliminate the rFuctor filter that distinguished a time or a smoothing between high and down force and instead leave the management to the re-adapted Reiza code is courageous (the change of force is immediate) ... I too will take the time to test many more cars and tracks and give you even more in-depth feedback that is not dictated by haste ... thanks as always!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sammo

Sammo New Member

@Danielkart been playing with the V6000 Extreme 2 with a TM TGT2 all weekend - fantastic work - thank you!

I’m back in AMS2 after a 6 month hiatus and have never touched custom FFB before - simply got used to the ‘busy’ language of default and default+.

Really, really enjoying the files, especially the focus on weight, front axle and connection to the road - really alleviates many of quirks that critics of AMS2 raise.

Feels quite similar to RaceRoom now, the main difference being RaceRoom has that great loss / regain of grip ‘snap’ which makes it feel more on edge - but that is one of the things 1.6 is working on

Anyway - appreciate your work - great rediscovering the Sim with next level FFB while we await 1.6

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Danielkart

Yes, I know what you mean. That's why I took this path because there are too many (anomalies) for me personally. By the way, these anomalies still exist in my file, but they are much weaker or I was able to fix some of them. And I know that a lot of people see it that way and that's why they go to Customs Files. Raceroom has improved a lot in the FFB and is now really nice to drive. But the connection and grip level is still not at the level of Ams2. But it is still a nice alternative to Ams2 with the variety of cars:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

The two versions Base and BaseEVO are energetic and solid on the low end (my son loves them even if he is still undecided on which one to use), the other two versions Old and NDef are also enjoyable on the low end but on the medium/high end and on DD I have less doubts as the two files (with the implemented Reiza code) are more informative not only in the differences between the two of them, but above all in the nuances between the various cars, but I think this is precisely the purpose of your implementation and therefore normal and desired.
    For the moment I do not find any significant inconsistencies or facts to report that are not personal tastes and therefore irrelevant, we already liked version 1.5.8, but this version 1.6.0 has removed what in the previous version perhaps was not yet tuned or fixed.
    Thanks Stakanov, if it will be necessary to discuss or ask for help I will continue in private if you are available as always.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EcoBrum

EcoBrum Member

Great job man. What I like about your work is that you don't debase anything, you push to use all the sliders in play, you use all the aspects of the rFuctor base, indeed you emphasize them (you even removed the relaxes) and at the same time you cancel the anomalies that many complain about, you use the slide, the resistances, the frictions, the lateral forces, the rack is not castrated, the scales go from 0 to 1 without aberrations, you know where to put your hands and the implementation of the characteristics of the Reiza profiles are a nice gem. You show respect to both worlds and its creators, for me you have revived the project.

Very convenient the new variables with which you can easily adjust the rack excitation, the forces at rest and the output boost, as in the Reiza files, however, compared to the first versions this file is now more tame while still remaining very informative and this is excellent news, furthermore the fixing of the wheel breakage during curves with heavy load has been eradicated (looking at the modified code perhaps what you fixed is the blend on the momentum? o_O

Would I change something? Yes many little things but they are all personal choices and tastes so I'm going to play and tune the voices to my liking. My friend who has the same wheel as me is a beta tester and says that on 1.6.x he feels really good, tomorrow I'll go and try it at his house, I'm too curious. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stakanov

Yes you guessed it right, I also thought that the anomaly was due to something inherent to the lateral and/or longitudinal aspects of the new code implemented in the scrub but I was off track ... in the previous versions of the files I had mistakenly inserted the blend function between the moment of the front wheels and the moment of the rear wheels in the rack calculation, given how the blend works I did not foresee and calculate that the variable could become negative in the case in which the moment increases heavily and moving from the front wheels to the rear wheels and vice versa quickly (as well as from right to left) ... almost all cars do not reach this situation and therefore I did not notice the anomaly, but testing the Formula V10 Gen2 in Kansai it happened regularly by driving the car in an exaggerated way between the first corners after the straight .... during the sequence of corners (right right left right left left) you continuously accelerate and release, on a continuous change of slope and on a continuous change of direction ... the load and the moment move from the front wheels to the rear wheels and from right to left and then start again ... in this specific limit situation the value became negative and therefore on the steering wheel you could suddenly feel a contrary force when the curve or the load was not yet finished ... the elimination of the blend and the normal summation with arithmetic mean solved the problem ... I took advantage of the correction to insert a scale variable and also adjust the intensity of the moment on the rack ... I apologize for my shameful level of English.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. KwaziPigInnit

KwaziPigInnit New Member

'I apologize for my shameful level of English.'

And so you should.:rolleyes: It's better than most English people I know here in the UK ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Stakanov

Thanks for the reassurance, but i speak very little English and i use google translator and after I post the text on the forum when I retranslate it into my language to check, sometimes the text seems to me too long or redundant or repetitive, I worry that it won't be understood :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. GTManSC2

GTManSC2 New Member

Ok with this file I officially step to the dark side of the force :D, and from the Reiza Default game profile (which I did not want to abandon) I definitively land on the Custom profiles and precisely on the ATMOS + Partial Old_D_Raw file by @Stakanov (the other one is no joke either). Thanks.

I am only using the in-game sliders and mentally I am getting used to them, finding the sensations more and more coherent. I no longer feel the defects highlighted in the previous versions that did not make me abandon the Reiza profiles and now with this version even the curbs (which were the only thing that was not pleasant for me) have been fixed and smoothed, the bumps were already ok and so now everything seems synchronized with what I see on the monitor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Grip4x4

Grip4x4 New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this place but I'm not new to the game, I'm mainly passionate about Rally cars, LMDh, GTE/5/4/3/2/1, P4/3/2/1, Super V8, Stock cars, and finally the SprintRace, I almost never use the old Formula, the Vee, the Junior and the Hypercars and instead I occasionally have fun with the more modern Formula (Ultimate, Reiza, HiTech, USA 2023, USA 3/2/1, F3, V10 and V12).

I have always used the game with the beautiful Reiza profiles which I am very satisfied with because they are very informative, I occasionally switch from Default to Default + and depending on the cars and tastes. Not having particular knowledge I have always stayed away from custom files, because for me they represent too much hassle and little fun, in short I try them, I don't like them and I go back to the Reiza profiles where by playing with the cursors I find my taste and game.Guys, I prefer playing than racking my brains making ten thousand changes and ten thousand restarts, I hope I don't offend anyone because on the contrary I'm underlining my limits.

So it was until a day ago, because for the first time, intrigued by the project, I loaded the ATMOS files starting from Raw and quickly launched a game playing only with the cursors in game, I immediately found a nice imprinting and the more I played the more I felt good, I also switched to the other ATMOS (I suppose the acronym stands for Immersive) and the good sensations have increased even more.I don't know how to explain it, because the files are not superior in the sensations of the tires (there Reiza is unbeatable for me), but they are superior in the sensation and positioning of the vehicle, in the lack of swaying or elastic effect, in the constant presence of the entire rear, in the presence of the pronunced effects of the rFuctor and finally in the case of the Atmos Immersive in the customization and differentiation of the sensations for each individual car (in this cases as well as in the Reiza profiles). For the first time I found a Custom alternative that without going crazy allows me to simply play and try new effects and sensations just as pleasant but alternative to the Reiza profiles.
    Thanks to the creator of these files and sorry if I was too verbose.

18. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Why is it when I read the post about the Atmos file they all sound like they are testimonials from an advertisement.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Justdave

Justdave Member

Hey guys, I have a Fanatec CSR Forza branded wheel, belt drive. What is the equivalent Thrustmaster wheel, T300 or T500? I would like to try @Danielkart Custom files, but don't know which to try. I *think* it is the T300...but I am not sure. Can someone please advise?

20. Danielkart

I think your CSR should have about 4.5Nm force if I'm not mistaken. So I would adopt the in-game settings from the Thrustmaster T300

• Like Like x 1