1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vortlas, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Vortlas

Vortlas Member AMS2 Club Member

Could people with nvidia cards share their settings for nvidia inspector? Recently out of nowhere the graphics looked terrible as if there were no anti aliasing and now if I try to adjust settings in nvidia inspector my game doesn't want to launch anymore. People with the same issue?

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

HI mate, I followed the tutorial posted here: Nvidia AA & W10 Fall Creators Update
    Basically from nvidia inspector I set my default profile with AA Compatibility bits to F0C1 (but you can choose the one you prefer) and saved it. After that, on config tool, I changed graphic settings to high+ and saved. Game runs smooth and AA is on!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I have AMD, so not paying so close attention, but does this mean after several months nVIDIA and Microsoft haven't managed to patch things yet so that the video drivers work normally/as they have for years? Or is this supposed to be the new normal!?!?!

4. DaVeX

The one suggested is just a workaround or quick fix...;)
    Still nothing from Nvidia and Microsoft

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd suggest they probably don't care or know. As far as I understand AA works in full screen, it's just the extended Sparse Grid Sampling options we use to get better quality stopped working full screen, I'm not sure they were ever really supported anyway... Also I don't know how many other games are effected either.

6. DaVeX

Silent Hunter 3 is effected too...

7. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The day before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, I thought that AMS was looking better than ever. Since then, the AA has been compromised and the UI seems slightly blurred. There are workarounds but none of them are ideal. Let's hope that Microsoft and Nvidia solve the problem.

8. Marc Collins

Thanks for explanation. I mistakenly thought it was all AA and couldn't believe that would continue unfixed for all this passed time. There would be a revolution!

Too bad, though. I certainly used SGSS when I had a nVIDIA card. It's a great alternative to the FPS-sucking full SSAA.

9. DaVeX

@Alex Sawczuk as side note but still on topic, what is difference between clamp or bias settings?
    I saw this tweak suggested on game manual but I would like to know the difference between the two just to know which one I should use ingame.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Still no fix ?
    :(
    WOW

11. Marc Collins

Nope, just read on RD forum that the very latest Win 10 update (1803) is still wreaking havoc with graphics and AA. Looks like this is the new normal. Microsoft wants us all to use windowed mode so they can interrupt our gaming sessions with their various annoying overlays and pop-ups.

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrecking havok is a bit strong.
    For working AA, all you have to do is start NVIDIA inspector and set the AA compat flags (not the DX11 one!) to 0x40 for AMS.exe and save. And do it again each time the NVIDIA driver is updated because it is reset to 0x0. it takes less time to do than to write this post.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Marc Collins

AMS already has nVIDIA-specific profiles built right into the graphic configurator. They should work out of the box (on all modes, including full screen) with no need for Inspector as they did before Microsoft screwed everything up with Win 10 "updates." That would take zero time, effort or thought, which is how it should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried windowed mode and it looked great again, but then I realised that I could no longer hit the apexes or braking points due to controller input lag. I turned windowed mode off and the control returned instantly. Back to Jaggy City for me then.

15. Marc Collins

What frame rates are you getting? Try turning VSync to the opposite setting that you have now when in windowed mode. That often cures the controller lag.

16. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. Currently VSync is OFF but I'll try with it on in Windowed Mode and see what happens. Frame rate is usually between 70 and 120 (limited to 120) with 24 AI cars, so it runs smooth enough.

Cheers

17. mmaruda

mmaruda Member AMS2 Club Member

All I do is disable the SweetFX altogether and select 4x Multisample. No fiddling around in Nvidia panel, graphics are super crisp, frames are solid.