1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Announced!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 24, 2019.

1. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida New Member

Please, take AMS2 to the consoles (PS4, XB1). A Gaming computer is too expensive and buying a console is much more affordable for most of people. I play PC2 on an XB1 and love it! The only reason I don't play AMS is because I don't want to spend money on gaming computer only to play it.
    Please! :-D I would certainly by AMS2 on XB1 or PS4.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can play AMS on potato..... just go check your kitchen!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I agree that bringing AMS2 to consoles would be a good thing.

However, as a former console player that switched to PC back in 2016 and sold all my console stuff I can tell you that in the long run PC gaming can actually be cheaper than console.
    1 gaming PC might seem expensive at first but in my case it replaced 4 consoles (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360), the money I made selling all 4 consoles, a bunch of games & controllers was more than enough to cover the costs of the PC + a bunch of games, and in addition to that I got a ton of games either for free or for really cheap since then.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Asturbo

Asturbo Member AMS2 Club Member

If sells in consoles helps Reiza to grow, go ahead with it. What is good for you, will be good for us, but please don't make some mistakes that SMS made with multiplatform:

The publisher of PCARS2 (Bandai) and console manufacturer (MS & Sony), forced SMS to make the same game with same features for all platforms. Then, many things that would be possible in PC, were not made because was not technically possible in consoles. I can't tell details, but that happened.

Other examples:

- The aproval process of patches in consoles is very long and fixes for crucial bugs can't be distributed by Steam immediately when done. It has to wait for approval by both consoles manufacturers to don’t make console users feel discriminated. They aren’t because patches are made at same time, but manufacturers validation causes delays, so for avoid problems the PC patches are delayed until consoles approves the patch. This process could be very long (up 4 weeks) and makes users very angry, because looks that the devs pass from the issues reported. Even bugs fixed internally before launch, were present at launch because weren't still aproved by Sony & MS.

- In consoles you can't distribute hotfixes (or it's costly I don't know the reason), so you have to wait to a major patch to solve many thin issues that could be easily patched in PC with a small hotfix.

- If you publish full patch notes, the approval process is longer, so all platforms has to wait for the slower one to publish the patch. The result was that SMS stopped publishing patch notes to reduce the approval time, but users have to guest what things has been change in every patch.

What I wan't to say is that give all you can to the users of different platforms, but please, that the limits or restictions of one it, doesn't condition others. If some feature is not possible in consoles, please don't discard it for PCs to make "clones".

Probably would be better the Kunos's way: make in the PC version the best they can, and when the product is mature and polished, port to consoles all features possible considering the hardware limitations.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance of this kart circuit guys?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

End of month is near...we should wait for a new dev roadmap post @Renato Simioni ?
    Just to mantain high hype levels :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

incoming

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that a DTM car or the Brazilian touring cars?

10. henri-sanfer

henri-sanfer Henrique Ferreira AMS2 Club Member

Brazilian race car.

11. ermo

ermo Member AMS2 Club Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. In particular, I'm looking forward to (read: hoping for) a full complement of Caterhams.

Reiza has explicitly stated that the early backing campaign is NOT "crowd funding":

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ONA FLYER

ONA FLYER Member AMS2 Club Member

We are going to be in for a treat afa VR goes, just fired up PC2 in the Rift for the first time in a year or more........ absolutely stunning visually, runs liquid smooth too. #cantwaittilwinter

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

IMHO Pcars is the best race sim for VR.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Aaron Green

I keep reading this how immense PC2 is in vr, and I know it's just a matter of opinion, but I think RRRE runs far, far better and looks better. But that's only my opinion, PC2 rings quite well, but for visual clarity, at least on my system - RRRE has it licked. However playing those two in normal 2D PC2 kicks it's ass visually.

15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Just change to low the graphic settings (remove all the extra FX) and it will look like RRRE...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've said this a thousand times but when u go back to ams 1 .. There's just something about the driving the preciseness of it, getting the cars where u want them and not where u think they will end up. Makes this sim still one of the best to drive. OK it does look dated and still get fps drops down to 40 on a 1080 lol and the aggressive ai.

But I really hope ams2 still has this feeling driving the cars

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Aaron Green

Tbh I've now got my AA settings working great, using a bit of DSR too. I still think it holds up great. The tracks along with Patrick's set it apart, the quality and detail in game is just unmatched in my eyes. Fan boy - yes I know.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Next week is the sim racing expo at the Nürburgring. Will Reiza be there and present AMS2?

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

PC2 does tend to be "imprecise" in it's handling compared to AMS imo but, I have faith that Reiza can solve that to a large extent. I can't wait to try AMS2!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Whats your favorite car / track combo ? Dont just limit this to one , give me heaps of examples to try ;)
    What resolution are you playing at ? My 1080Ti / 7700k is at 4k maxed with nV Inspector at x4 MSAA and x4 SGSS and never dropping below 60 ! Actually my GPU is around 30% most of the time .
    Agree on the aggressive Ai though , i really need to tweak them but then they are quite good , its the way the collision with Ai looks that bugs me most :(