1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Very nice FFB update. Now I can drive and control the car in a more natural way based on the FFB information. Brake lock and, at less extent, understeer, are finally noticeable for me now. The Stock Car was a hit and miss before to me, driving it mainly by memory and visual clues, but now I'm able to feel it very alive at the wheel. Good work Reiza on this!

Suzuka in the Stock car is a blast to drive, in every track condition.

For reference, I'm using a T300 RS / T3PA at Gain 70, LFB 50 and FX 25. TM control panel default bar Main Force at 80%

AI is still unaware of the player's car, it's impossible to race door to door with them, or make a pass over the racing line because the AI is bumping you every time they have to turn into a corner.

The game is getting better with each new update, so expecting a lot more from it in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Oh ok Marc, I will give that a go and see if it corrects it.

Appreciate your reply!

3. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to take back what I said about my ffb feel earlier. After adjusting the numbers in-game and re-doing my wheel set up in software, it is really good. It's like I just got my wheel for the first time, puts a smile in my face. Even though break feel is good too, after trying to race with Ai in P1 Metalmoro in Kansai, not so good experience. I have to break(even at 100% value which locks up the wheel) early to the corners now while Ai still breaks late and still makes the corner in top speed. They break at/beyond the 100 markers and if they're behind you, you get hit everytime. I hope their breaking gets adjusted too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gabriel OF

Gabriel OF New Member

Thanks Marc for the explanation, that's make sense.

5. Haydn

Haydn New Member

Hey @Renato Simioni, I don't know if you are following the discussion over on Steam but I have completely lost mouse support with the latest update. The cursor moves around the screen but cannot click anything. The G29 wheel does ok for getting around the game most of the time but some functions such as entering an online lobby require a mouse click. Generally I think this game is utterly fantastic in almost every way which makes this even more annoying.

I have tried completely uninstalling and re-downloading and re-installing again only to still have the same problem. It has rendered the game almost useless to me.

I am running a Ryzen 5 3600 and GTX 1070 and 16 GB 3200Mhz Ram.

Cheers

6. Mickael Forestier

Mickael Forestier New Member AMS2 Club Member

speaking for the trucks (don't know if it has aleardy been said) , brakes ducts are closed (can't open them in the setup) then you can only 1 or 2 laps before the brake disc explode....

7. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After a bit more time in the simulation I hate to have to agree! definitely do not mean to disrespect the hard work of developers I am just saying that after a bit more time and fiddling I am coming to the same conclusion.

I wonder if anyone has any insight here.

I was using SC1, 20nm @ 100% output.
    In AMS2, OLD DEFAULT:
    Gain @ 45
    LFB @ 25
    FX @ 25

These settings felt absolutely fantastic.

As noted in the quoted sections I tried to increase Gain to 50 but seems the feelingis gone in the corners etc...

Is it simply that I must adjust LFB and FX? Can't be...

For now I go back to OLD DEFAULT with the settings above, and I am curious if any other SC1 users thoughts are in line with mine, or if a change to some settings has changed their thoughts above..

in any case bravo for the rate of development, reiza!

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, if you switch to New Default, you should expect to adjust LFB and FX. After they are optimized, Gain might need a tweak. The only pattern I have detected from a wide array of users of all manner of wheels is that FX=50 is most commonly quoted as the satisfactory setting. LFB is typically low for a strong wheel, around 50 for a mid-strength and high for weaker wheels. Gain is pretty easy to set once the other two are "balanced."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

One further thing guys. Does controller damping in AMS2 control options apply to ffb wheels?
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

No, only controllers bud.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cfst

@Marc Collins Thanks mate, I will give it some more time! appreciate your insight

12. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

Ok, slightly unclear but thought that might be the case. Thanks.

13. Cfst

Edit - outdated

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Those settings in the menus have nothing to do with Crew Chief. They're for the in-game spotter and engineer which are not implemented yet.

All you have to do to get Crew Chief to work is go to Options => System, and set "Shared Memory" to "Project CARS 2". Start Crew Chief in AMS 2 mode and it'll work just fine in practice, qualy and race sessions. It does not work in Test Day mode, presumably because the shared memory functions are disabled.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's an option in crew chief for free practise/ test if you want him, haven't tried it yet.

16. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to know how to set this up.

17. Alegunner68

There's an option ( properties maybe, can't remember offhand ) that brings up a huge list of tick boxes, just scroll down and opt in/out of whatever you fancy.

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I don't see any option for this in CC, not under AMS 2 or general options. Can you check and tell us exactly what the option is called? Then we can use the search function.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alegunner68

My apologies, it just has enable spotter in time trial. I must have imagined it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cliff

Cliff Member

I’ve done dozens of truck session running dozens of laps in each and never had a brake problem. You do use engine braking?