1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v.0.9.1.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 8, 2020.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@2ndLastJedi The last couple of updates introduced a knocking or jarring sensation in my wheel when driving the SuperV8 in a fast corner - T1 at Kyalami for example. I'm heartened to read that I'm not imagining this change in behaviour, and that Reiza (in whom we trust:)) are investigating it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Edward Alvarez

Edward Alvarez SonOfSniglet

Thanks for the update Reiza, but looks like you broke Brands Hatch :(
    Time Trial no longer works nor does any timing. Not sure if this is specific to Formula V12 but I can confirm it is not just me.
    Cannot run a single player race either as there are no times set for practice, qualy or the race.
    Can you please check and confirm?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks REIZA for the update and the running development, from week to week it's going better and better! I enjoy much the content we have at the moment and can't expect the content we will get, especially the historic content.

I love to use the helmet view, it gives a better real feel. But when setting the FOV > 89 the helmet and the muffled sound disappears. Can you please fix it so that the helmet view can be used with a FOV 100 and higher, thank you.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I haven't noticed any difference. I think it's more likely a FFB change that you are "feeling." Forces are generally lighter after the latest FFB update, so if you haven't bumped up Gain or some combination of the sliders, the cars will feel like they have less grip. My F-V10 story above is an example of that for me.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Me and others already reported this problem.
    I hope Reiza devs have a look in this forum and bring a hotfix ASAP....

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Same, no differences for me, I still in the same tiny ballpark with my (bad) laps time.

7. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

Same here. Only seems to be Brands Hatch, as far as I can tell (haven't tested all tracks).
    Can't get a lap time for any session or time trial.

8. vortex

vortex Member

What you're suggesting is that we should accept sub-optimal FFB on some cars in order to get it better on others. This just doesn't seem right to me. I may be in the minority here, but I think that once you have the wheel set up the best it can be in the game, it should work well for all cars. If it doesn't, surely that points to deficiencies in the data output from some cars. I'm really not a fan of having different wheel/FFB settings for each car. You're setting up your wheel to respond to data sent from the game. If you have to change the settings for different cars, then the cars must be producing different data for the same inputs from the physics or tracks. I want to drive, not tweak!

• Agree Agree x 11
  9. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, so based on what a lot of you already know and what the game provides us as set up, I created a pdf file because I wanna try to improve my TT since I really enjoy this option in the game, and actually learn a bit more on how to set up cars to some extend.

Excuses now:D: I'm not English(there might be some bad grammar), dunno jack about setting up racing cars, and other than driving in sims and all the info in this doc was done in one day from: google search, pc2, ac and youtube videos. The document is not protected so you can add, improve and change whatever you like ok.

I hope it helps us to get somewhat closer to the TT aliens and that you all can read and make sense of it! Good luck!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

And thats how it should be. Different cars should feel different, due to suspension, tyres, chassis, etc. Some poeple mistake "quality" of FFB with amount of details but there is probably no other way to simulate differences in car feel. Of course the Lancer wont be as bumpy as a formula car and as a result may not get as many details.

Frankly, on my wheelbase I only use 1 setup and all the cars feel fine in terms of FFB. Some may need a bit of tuning in terms of behaviour but thats a different matter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That is in no way, shape or form what I said or meant.

12. vortex

vortex Member

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but you said "If you have a few cars that feel great and a few that feel like crap, you cannot have the optimized settings for FFB ". I took that to mean that in order to get them all feeling better, you'd have to change the global settings such that the ones that felt great may not be quite as good. If you meant having different FFB settings for each car, then that's something I personally wouldn't want because it means the car models are not well enough optimised/developed. In my opinion, once you've found your personal best FFB settings for the sim, the only thing you should need to change when you change cars is the car setup, not the FFB.

13. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

So .. I just casually went through some folders in the AMS2 installation and saw this, not sure if its known or just placeholders or some left overs from other game like PC2 (ive not played it) I dunno but it caught my eye :)
    There are folders with all kinds of manufacturer logos, class logos, maps of tracks like Lemans or Belgian forest (which as you can see very much reminds of Spa). And some pictures of series that look pretty cool. I hope I can consider this confirmed future content :)

Ams2.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just leftovers from pCars 2. Eventually will be removed.

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't wait to see if we get another update this weekend, and if we do, what the updates are.
    So far the game gets better every week........... and it is nice already

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

As usual Physics + Brakes + FFB updates....and some corrections,as far as confirmed yet.

17. th3orist

th3orist Member

Its not the question "if" we get one, they already said that there will be every week an update until it goes into Version 1.0.0 - either fridays or saturdays. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Are we there yet? :whistle: wanted to make a nice friday evening with a new update :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

A question or two about "Slightly reduced grip off ideal racing line":
    1. Is this done empirically using a predefined driving line, perhaps the one used by the AI or is it done by actual rubber build up via LiveTrack?
    2. If it is via LiveTrack:
      1. Does a green track have uniform grip throughout?
      2. Does a rubbered up wet track have less grip on the dry line?
    I hope it's via LiveTrack!

• Agree Agree x 2