1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.3.1 RELEASED - Now updated to v0.9.3.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 22, 2020.

1. ATSS

ATSS Member

Why does my tires always overheat if i follow the AI's in the race? Even if im not directly behind them, and try to be gentle with the steering inputs. (1-2+ sec gap.) I slide a lot and my tires are overheating after like the 2nd lap.
    Qualifying & the Race feels completely different handling wise.. All the time.
    This is not happening in online races, only vs the AI.

Also the AI is slow in Q but pretty fast in the Race.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A small v0.9.3.2 hotfix now has now been deployed - changelog:
    • Fixed bug causing only Stock Car V8 cars to load when attempting a multiclass race with it
    • Added option to switch autoclutch and auto gears On / Off from Gameplay screen (previously in Controls screen only)
    • Fixed series livery assignment in multiplayer and multi-class events
    • Fixed selected state of brake bias option in IBM
    • Reduced AI brake power in non-formula cars
    • Reduced AI Throttle application variation with AI skill
    • Adjusted AI speed sensitiviity relative to car in front (improves start / 1st lap performance)
    • Adjusted F3 & AJR, Ultima Race aero yaw sensitivity
    • Adjusted Opala 1986 & Hotcar tire physics
    • Fixed Opala wheelbase error
    • Fixed Sigma P1 windshield flickering in cockpit view

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

If you may please be specific when reporting such AI performance issues, car / track / session settings / weather / car setup used in the session where you observed the issue are all relevant information.

4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then, after the 0.9.3.1 update (Friday), before launching the game, I had deleted all the documents/Automobilista2 folder, I set all the settings and before the race I always reloaded the car's default setting ... nothing was comparable to version 0.9.2.1, it seemed broken !!!

On Saturday the same thing, I tried all the possible and imaginable FFB settings, but nothing the same bad feeling.

Today, AFTER I HAVE SEEN YOUR POST AND YOUR ADVICE, I recancel the whole document/Automobilista 2 folder, I do everything like Saturday, except one more step, before changing the setting of the FFB in the controller menu I press the "reset to default" button ", I turn off the game and restart it, only then I set my FFB parameters which are specifically GAIN 88-85 LFB 85 and FX 50-75.

Result??? The FFB is no longer broken as on Friday and the feeling is now more similar to the previous version 0.9.2.1, so the negative judgment will resize it, but I have to make a comparison:
    - the center is no longer as defined as before in version 0.9.2.1;
    - a remnant of the pendulum effect has returned (not much like Friday and Saturday, but it is there);
    - the braking is no longer consistent as before and when you start to turn after a violent braking on a long straight, the swing leads you to skid and countersteering I do not recover the car;
    - FX did a little earlier but now it's completely gone
    - I no longer have that magic during the curves that made me gradually feel the weight with the frame, then the shock absorbers and finally the sealing point of the tire before skidding.

THEREFORE THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, AT LEAST I CAN PLAY BUT NOT AS WELL AS IN 0.9.2.1 ... THE SCRUB EFFECT WAS ONLY FOR THAT AND IT WAS A PERFECT BASIS ... but I understand that there is not only my steering wheel ... hopefully well!!!

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You probably could have just hit the "Reset to Default" and got the same result :oops:

However, if your wheel works like mine, you will need to raise FX (you said 50 to 75, so start at 75 and be prepared to go a bit higher if necessary) and lower LFB (maybe to 75 or even a bit lower if necessary). The same settings will not feel the same or work as well in 0.9.3 as previously. But if you had nice feeling FFB before, it is even better now once you find the settings :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BD992000

BD992000 New Member

Since driving is so much fun right now (FFB is great as I stated above after the hickup yesterday) I want to point to some less important issues, which are currently lowering fun and immersion especially in VR:
    - Body and especially the legs of the driver is very much off in most of the cars. When will this be fixed? It really breaks the immersion to look at twisted feet and some Fred Firestone legs through the care bottom....
    - seating position has to be adjusted every time I change the car. Please save position per car!
    - some of the "widgets" in cockpit view are really not readable in vr (font size and colors) and at the same time they are not adjustable in a way that they don't get in the way (I want to move them far more up, down, right or left than it is possible by now).
    - some of the widgets are a bit redundant (tyre Temps colored in one widget and tyre pressure but no temp coloring in another). Will there be an overhaul to get a cleaner cockpit ui?
    - will there be a consolidation of the car categories or some new icons? I find it difficult to navigate the cars (4 times caterham.... With the same icon).

OK the latter two topics area little bit on the nice to have side, but I think we are at a point now where the game will get a little bit polish before 1.0.so I want to know if those points are on the short list for 1.0 or if they are postponed for a later point in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Set your position then change something in the set up like fuel load, you don't have to save it, just back out and your position should be the same next time.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Really, this works? There have been a zillion complaints about seat position not saving...would have been great if devs had just stated this!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tuvalu

Tuvalu New Member

Just did a race with one of the new Fuscas on Brands Hatch. Missed a corner and got nearly stuck in the gravel. I could only accelerate to 1-2 km/h to get out of the gravel.. You can only get out faster if you use reverse gear. I had auto-clutch enabled. Is this intended to be?
    In the info screen it says the Fuscas are fwd. Is this right cause for me it drives a bit like a fwd. I thought the old Fuscas/Beetle had Rwd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

Review on P1 AJR Chevy Authentic Driving Assist.
    Make sure to subscribe my channel.
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, it is RWD in game but yes, it drives a bit like a FWD car due to the open diff and, possibly, an excessive low sensitivity of tires lateral grip to longitudinal forces.

Tires have been modified on Opala86 and the situation on it has been improved (still a bit too conservative IMHO, but much better), so hopefully it will change again in the next updates.

12. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the advice, after resolving the anomaly on my Logitech G920 (with the update to version 0.9.3.1), tweaking with the parameters I got very close to the FFB of version 0.9.2.1 in this way:
    - FX now to hear it I have to put it higher, even 80-90 (previously 65-75 was enough);
    -LFB unfortunately I can't lower it as this wheel needs high values (otherwise it empties in the center) before it was 80-85 now to fill it with sensations I have to put it at 90-95;
    - GAIN (which I previously kept at 88 as a limit) now, however, I must keep it at 80, otherwise clipping occurs (probably due to the increase of the other values).

I always test with the Sprintrace (which has a very strong FFB) on the VIR International circuit and then on the Ibarra circuit, the only thing that annoys me compared to version 0.9.2.1 is the steering center, which is not full as before and fluctuates a few degrees in empty and then suddenly take (dead zone) ... but now it is on the way to an acceptable and drivable curve ... thanks again and I apologize to Reiza if I criticized perhaps too unnecessarily but you will understand the disappointment that I felt ... I hope in a future refinement of course!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are the FWD Copa Classic Cat B cars slower in real life? I can't find any videos or info about them. Ingame they are IMO harder to drive and both slower around a lap and on the straights it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it just me or has the Chevette more grip since the update and doesn't drift anymore as it did before? IMO the Opala Stock Car (is this really a mid-engine car?) and other vintage cars should have less grip and more drifting fun also in regard of the upcoming 90's DTM cars. And to give an idea what modern slicks versus 90's slicks means: Volker Strycek was driving his last 90's race with his Opel Omega-DTM at the Norrisring, put the car in the garage and 20 years later did a race at the Norrisring again just with modern slicks and new brake-fluids. Instead of 1:04 he was running 1:00 with the same car and setup and probably lost a second or more with age and rather slower competition.

The Vee and Vintage have some great drift-tyres and want some of it with other classes as well:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I don't know what's happened over the past few updates, but going back to cars I previously really enjoyed (F-classics, caterham superlight, Opalas) they feel terrible to me now. I have a massive dead zone in the middle of the G29, and all I'm feeling after that is a light linear force one way or the other. No feeling of connection to the road, no weight, braking, understeer, oversteer...Nothing. I can't drive any of the above cars anymore. Just turned the game off in frustration.
    Have tried deleting whole game, reinstall, recalibrate etc.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm struggling to find that enjoyable classic race car experience in AMS2 at the moment. Like you said the Chevette is back to being absolutely planted, the FL Puma might as well be FWD and the 80's stock car reminds me of a modern cup car in AC. The closest I can get at the moment is the 70's Opala but you still can't really get anything other than traction and understeer on throttle.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB is feeling better after a full reset except that now I have a bit of a vague feeling around center of my DD wheel,almost like there is some deadzone now(but there isn't in the settings). A little OT but how do you load someone elses setup on the time trials? I want to try the person who is ahead of me and see how different it feels. Thanks

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Weird! Did you also delete the Automobilista 2 document folder and reassign all your options, commands, etc.?

19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

With the update to 0.9.3.X it's the first time I have a real issue in the game.

After reading the threads and the issues others had with FFB and brakes I decided to be thorough and delete my Documents/Automobilista 2 folder. After redoing all the settings and reassigning all the inputs to what they were before I now have no FFB in game. The inputs all work, but there is nothing coming from the wheel at all. There is however the return spring in the menus. I tried the SuperV8, Lancer RS and F-V10 on Imola 2019 and Kansai.

This is what I did:
    a) Choose controller type wheel -> Custom
    b) Edit all Button/Axis Assignments
    (btw assigning the steering axis still doesn't work well, it mostly detects "multiple inputs")
    c) calibrate wheel and pedals
    d) Lowered deadzones from 7 to 3
    e) Set FFB to Default Profile (It is the same with custom however, stock custom-ffb file) Gain 40%, LFB 15%, FX 0, Menu Spring 0 (also tried all settings on 100, made no difference)

These are all the same settings I used before I deleted them. The only file I kept is my triple screen config file. I deleted the folder and reassigned twice. I restarted my wheel and TrueDrive, changed profiles, engaged and disengaged the e-stop, all to no avail. If I restore the deleted AMS2 folder, the FFB works without any issue, so I decided to go with the old files for now. This could however mean that there is a setting somewhere that I missed although I double checked everything. Is there an issue with the custom wheel preset maybe?

My hardware and TrueDrive settings are in my signature.

20. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Yeah, basically deleted the whole game, massively changed FFB wise now :-( Seems others (Well one person here with a Logi wheel) have the same issue too.

The feeling has become so flat with no variation at all, previously it felt pretty damn good too :-( (Different loads through corners, tighter center etc)
    Just tried again with the Cat Superlight at Brands, felt very linear which made it a struggle. Not sure what's happened.

• Agree Agree x 1