1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A warm-up for historic spa

• Like Like x 4
  2. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

considering the free cars coming, and the simple coincidence that they might be allowed from SMS to use them in AMS2, PLEASE only add the cars real liveries when you port them over into AMS2.

im driving some PC2 again and its so annoying seeing all those fake liveries making up the majority of the GT1 grid, simple cause its the way the engine picks ai cars based on amount of liveries.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks good. I am ready for 14km Spa. Although I don't like old vids and photo's because they all dead people now.

4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be amusing to get illegal supercars though !

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Thanks for all your hard work in these difficult times...and the forthcoming FREE content. You guys are awesome....stay safe over there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Very interesting list of vehicles in here:
    ...Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like someone wants some GTA in their AMS...

9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those are just leftovers from PC2 files.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

Don't delay 1.0 the plan you have is great reiza, don't listen to [mod edit] ppl that want the 1.0 delay.

I want it in mid june like you was promissing in the development update!

[Mod edit] There's no need to insult others here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

1.0 is just a number, nothing more. It does not mean more features, or less bugs, than a hypothetical 0.9.5. would mean.
    It is, however, a number of significance, a symbolic number: It tells the world that this game is now good enough for everyone to enjoy, even the most impatient, because everything that might make it frustrating has been rectified. Every core feature is there.

For some, it even says: We consider this complete. Reiza clearly doesn't, but that's not the point here, people are going to review this as a finished product.

With an EA version, you have an excuse for every missing feature and every bug that might happen. "We're working on it. Don't worry, we know it's not publishable right now". You cease to have that when 1.0 comes.

And that's why most here want to push it back a bit. Because the only thing 1.0 truly does - apart form selling better than an EA game - is making people less patient and more prone to fits of rage.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Stolen Illegal supercar pack DLC"

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well...i'm honestly more excited about the 70's F1 car field, than Spa. Also an F-Retro is in the planning and this is definently pretty anticipated by me.

This is a veeeery complex topic, but i think i take an easy pick here:

Season passes are seen very controviersial in the gaming customer field in general, thanks to AAA published game franchises, milking money out of useless and barely worth content for their product. Especially in the totally broken "dumbed-down, charge more" videogame era, we had 6-7 years ago...you can basically thank companies like/on the scale of Activision Blizzard and EA for that. ^^'

A 90-100$ price tag can be quite deterrend for a video game product, no matter how good the content quality and quantity are, after all, it even could already stop potential customers from even reading the description.
    That's why the decision, to charge this amount of money for a DLC pre-order is quite a "brave" move.

You mean, you can drive it, like you stole it? >:->

• Like Like x 1
  14. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember there was an 80s version of Spa in Ferrari Racing Legends and it was a superb track, recognisable as being close to the modern one, but without all the runoff areas iirc. I'm not sure if it wasn't early 80s though. It felt like a mini Nordschleife. It really stood out at the time as being a fun track to drive, so I'm actually quite excited to see it in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

The layout version in AMS2 will probably be the one, known from rF2. It's a bit more classic country road, than the NoS, which has more windy sections.

I hope it also will have the house, that's standing basically right on the track :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I love the rf2 version of the historic Spa track. Constantly race the Eve F1 there. Would love to try the Formula Vintage cars at the same track in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Darío Quiza

Darío Quiza Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree, I'd rather see the game more "finished", whaterever that means (I spect Reiza doing AMS2 as a long term product... I hope), than rushing it to be "on schedule", whatever that means, too. There're still lots of things to be done, being on 0.9.5.1 doesn't feel like being almost done.

So, if the game is delayed to july or so, that would be better if we get a more polished product.

Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

1.0 doesn't mean anything in the first place with a 2 year development product anyway...

AMS1 final state also was a 1.5.=()/%& anything and after all it doesn't matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm slightly apprehensive about the 70's F1 cars. I've enjoyed them a lot in other games but with AMS2's tendency to have a lot more grip than equivalent cars in other games I'm worried they will just be glued to the road. Even more so for the 60's touring cars which are right at the top of my list along with 60's GT and prototype cars, I hope they are lively like they look to be on TV. Can't wait for historic Spa though, some scary corners there!

20. CrimsonEminence

F-Retro was one of my favourite classes in AMS1 and i share the worries and doubts. It WILL feel different, i'm sure, the question will be, how...but still anticipated. ^^'

• Agree Agree x 1