1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.6.0 RELEASED, now updated to v0.9.6.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 6, 2020.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a watch, was very interesting and I learned a lot!

2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the patch!

3. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

Video on V0.9.6.0 update.
    Make sure to smash subscribe.
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I suppose that everyone that responded with "disagree" or "funny" or "dislike" to my post, they are all driving AMS2 with a Simucube2 wheel and feeling that the ffb hasn't got worse?
    that must be the only rational reason behind those reactions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Even on some german speaking boards i have read posts about a change in ffb behavior and
    sudden graininess with the simucube 2, so i guess it's not just your imagination.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The reason some people gave your second post a "funny" or "dislike" has probably something to do with "I'm outta here" just because you got a few disagrees.
    In a public forum like this and any other forum it's allowed to disagree with someone. In your case it's not wrong or weird when people disagree with you when you say "the ffb made a step back from where it was before".
    There's nothing wrong with asking for help and reporting a problem, but your reaction to a few disagrees is a bit over the top IMO.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. SuperMonaco_GP

ffb is 1 - the most subjective thing in the world and 2 - it is heavily dependant on the gear you are using. therefore, if someone with, for example, a T300 say "I don't agree the ffb has gotten worse", then good for him, but why does he have to treat me like a stupid or a hater if I say this I am having a different experience with an extremely different peripheral?
    doesn't make much sense to me. one thing is getting together in a forum to help each other, another thing is denigrating whoever has different opinions.
    we're all in here for the same goal, it is supposed that if I am in this forum is because I love Ams2 like anyone else here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Giving someone a disagree has nothing to do with "treat me like a stupid or a hater". This is not how a forum works. If i post a problem and someone give me a disagree, i read it as "he doesn't have this problem" no madder what wheel he use.
    It's better to stop this pointless discussion to be honest, it doesn't help you or anybody on this forum.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V0.9.6.1 has now been deployed - this is a hotfix to complement changes from the previous v0.9.6.0 update.

The Speed Sensitivity slider now added to the Control Configuration UI should be useful for gamepad & other digital controllers; it should otherwise be kept at 0% for those running with a steering wheel.

V0.9.6.1 CHANGELOG

UI & HUD
    • Added "Speed Sensitivity" and "Minimum Shift Time" configurations to Controller options
    • Minor UI label fixes

PHYSICS
    • Revised yaw sensitivity for aero elements in all high downforce cars
    • Adjusted steel brake heating build-up
    • Revised slick & road tyres tread performances on wet track
    • Minor tyre tread adjustments for Super V8, F-V12 & F-Classic Gen3
    • Revised rear wing efficiency for F-Classics, F-V12, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, F301 & F309
    • Various minor default setup adjustments
    • Slightly increased FFB tyre scrub effect for all cars (through FX slider)
    • Slightly Increased bump noise from curbs
    • Minor fine-tuning of car-specific FFB values
    • Fixed excessive front brake cooling in Caterhams
    • Revised engine output for F-Vintages (V8 & V12)

TRACKS
    • Minor revisions to various climate lighting & fog values values
    AI
    • Increased the range of AI performance at both ends of the scale (slower @ 70%, faster @ 120% relative to v0.9.6.0)
    • Further revised AI throttle application gaps for GTs & formula cars
    • Increased AI side buffer distance (helps preventing AI cars merging back to the racing line too soon)
    • Increased Field speed perception, reduced length ahead factored (slightly less slowdowns in packs)
    • Reduced minimal lateral distance for defensive moves
    • Increased AI lateral rate of movement when calm
    • Further reduced AI brake power in GT / prototypes
    • Further increased AI care with human players
    AUDIO
    • Fixing Super V8 AI Interior Engine sound position

VEHICLES
    • Fixed missing F-Reiza rain lights
    • Further adjusted brake glow ranges

• Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thankyou Renato and Reiza.

11. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Awesome, you guys are amazing :hurrayreiza:

12. SuperMonaco_GP

feels way better now on sc2, thank you very much Renato

• Like Like x 1
  13. JPC

JPC New Member

Just tried the AI at 100% at Azure with FHybrid, and they're still about 4-5 seconds too slow.

14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Whenever I'm behind an AI car in one of the higher downforce vehicles, I'll get some wildly overpowered Dirty Air effect that makes keeping the car pointed in the right direction almost impossible.

Just tried the AI at Brands Hatch in a Formula 3 (the 309); whenever there was no AI car nearby, I was about 2-3 seconds (!!) quicker than before, and it wasn't because I was being blocked by them.

Some disadvantages might be somewhat realistic, but this is insane. In a Formula 3 car, I don't think there'd be any severe downforce losses (with severe, I mean more than 0,3 seconds)

15. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No stick walls SuperV8@Adelaide!
    It's only me?

16. SuperMonaco_GP

just tried a 30min multiclass race with 4 weather slots, 2 dry and 2 wet.
    so midway through the race, rain begin and I stopped to change tyres to wet, all good if I wasn't the only one in my class to make the pit. only the cars of the fastest class - p1 - actually made the pit to change tyres.

17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Thank you. Thank you so, so, so much. This is absolutely huge for us pad players.
    :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After a few days playing against the AI, some things that I have noticed, always with the Sprintrace.

Snetterton: At the last corner, most of the cars go off track and when I won a race, the game was abruptly closed as we passed the finish line.

Classic Kyalami: cars too slow compared to other circuits, here I win easily leaving the last one, when in other circuits I find it difficult to keep up.

It also seemed to me to notice that during the last laps, the AI slowed down a lot compared to the rest of the race, I don't know if this is the case or if I am more focused and I cut distances.

By the way, it has nothing to do with the IA. In Oulton Park there is a rare lighting effect in the car cockpit, in which all contrast is lost and it appears to be illuminated by a light source other than the sun.

For the rest say that I have done a few races and have really enjoyed it, you are doing a fantastic job.

A hug and keep it up !!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  19. Lauro Lopes Dantas

Lauro Lopes Dantas New Member

On G27, After 0.9.6 I almost don't feel the tyre scrub and locking, 0.9.6.1 is a litte better but far away from before in 0.9.5 were was great.

20. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I cannot find the right setting for my xbox one pad now with the expanded controller options in 0.9.6.1. Previously the steering felt quite direct (I used to use about 50 for steering sens and 0 for damping), but now it's more boat-like, no matter what I do. Either too numb as I up the speed sens or too twitchy, and there's no happy medium.
    I assume that prior to 0.9.6.1 speed sens was set by the system, hidden from the user; would anybody know what it was set to in translation to the now available setting in 0961?
    I hope I am making sense (it's quite late).

Btw, yes, the folder in documents has been deleted after patch installation.