1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Anyone knows if Reiza is working on adding sparks for f1 cars? (especially gen 1,2,3 series). I think this will give a great boost to f1 races...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am eager waiting for smoke/fumes :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

There is allready smokes both if you slide too much or is about to damage the engine.
    Actually this engine smoke include the same smoke bug as in pCars2 where you can drive several laps with a looong smoke tail after the car if a certain damage has initiated it.
    Not joking here ;)

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean smoke coming from the exhausts etc. I know at start the car front of you do smoke, but others do not, and also not during racing.. Vee's and Trucks do have a lot of smokeeeee in real life. :D

5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

This has been brought up not long ago.
    I don't know how much of it is still in the works, but as it stands sparks are a thing, on some cars more than others.
    At least on your own vehicle, and not so much the AI, that I can tell.
    Also depending on the camera you're using, and at least sometimes not visible in replays, that I've tested.
    So it's there, just not to the extend where we'd arguably like to see it.
    This is one of those things where I'm fairly certain it will be fleshed out in time.

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Of course when we talk bout sparks, we mean sparks from both ai and your car (and generally from the majority of f1 cars that are infront of us). But, the later can't happen of course, so this should happen to all cars, yours too, even if you are unable to see it

I really hope Reiza would someday find a way to implement this feature

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RFGangster

RFGangster New Member

Hello, I'm interested to know if the game will be: 1. the ability to change the names of pilots 2. is it possible to change the talents of pilots to make your championship 3. is it possible to change the characteristics of cars 4.is it possible in your championship to choose how many cars and which cars.These all functions were in automobilista 1 and I only play it, but I want to go to automobilista 2,but everything that I liked in the previous series, there is nothing in part 2,is there any point in waiting?

8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

If I'm not mistaken it's planned but not currently implemented

9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Custom championships are due at the end of this month, in the next update. It’s not clear yet whether those features will be implemented. Your question 4 seems very likely, but not sure on the others. I would wait and see what this next update brings. It’s definitely worth waiting,

• Like Like x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In cockpit view if viewing back you will see sparks when scratching with body / bottom on road. But I'm also waiting having sparks like in F1 in 80s/90s and seenable from outside.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RFGangster

RFGangster New Member

I really like the game automobilista 2 and I would like to have implemented the features from the first part of the series, waiting for an update.

12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe they were all considered as targets in the long term. Not sure what will make it to the initial release of the custom championship and what may require more time

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have that in the game!
    hq720.jpg
    Mission Winnow :->

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ettore

One other thing that could help advertising the sim and pushing people to try on their own rather than believe to the urban legends is offering a demo version like some other games do.
    It could help giving people the chance to test things on their own and judge by themselves...
    I know Reiza is very busy and maybe a spin-off demo adds to the workload but it may well be worth the effort...
    Just putting there an F1 a GT a touring car a retro F1 with a couple of tracks one modern and one historical.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

If Reiza implement sparks like this, I guarantee they will be denounced for how over the top and unrealistic it is :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, real sparks, not that fake as today in F1.
    Only who missed that time could say it's unrealistic, for those who lived that time, a childhood dream comes true :)

18. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

So does this explain the way the car drives at low speeds?
    Because all the facts you state have no impact on the low speed stability issue.
    Just because a car has less downforce, doesn't mean it struggles in low speed corners, in fact high downforce cars should struggle a lot more as they rely/set up for high speed/downforce.
    Its like saying a Touring car should be very unstable compared to a GT3 car, which is absolute rubbish.
    The car is still stable and probably has a very similar min apex speed, just losing out in the high speed corners and accel/top speed.
    Some cars are nowhere near correct and its worrying that people are saying its accurate IMO.

19. Ettore

Smaller wheelbase and harder tires will influence slow corners a lot because there will be lots of grip less and the car will be much more nervous. Especially shorter wheelbase will make the car rotate a lot more in slow corners compared to longer wheelbase

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Posting for reference since correct and accurate were mentioned so everyone can make up their own mind

(Those who don't know about it yet, please check the onboards thread)

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.