1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0.9.3.1, Good FFB but again the brakes

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leclettico, May 23, 2020.

1. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

The 0.9.3.1 build improved FFB on my T300. It's quite "organic", now, without gaps.

The brake is still strange. If I full-brake at high speeds (280 km/h or so) with any car, I ear the "skreeeeeetch" of tyres for a moment while I change the pressure on my pedal and releasing it gradually to avoid the blocking. And it's so strange. At those speeds I think that the "skreeeeetch" there shouldn't be. Yes the pedals are calibrated and I have full extension of the axis without dead zone

And then, there's always that strange sensation to drive (especially for Stock Car and V8) a "rocking boat". A "gummy boat".

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I guess alot depends on what pedals you use , the brake on my G29 set is incredibly hard and unless the track is wet I have to almost stand on the brake to lock the wheels . Could the skreeeetch actually be brake squeal which I have noticed on some cars ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Yes, the initial squeal at high speeds with full press pedal. I think that's a strange beahviour since the first release.

4. Jonathan Spencer

Jonathan Spencer New Member

I know what you mean. I think the tin tops are the weak point of this game, they feel like they skate and float about too much. To drive them feels "gamey", rather than realistic. Went from AMS 2 to playing Raceroom, and the cars in RR are much more satisfying to drive. You know exactly what they're doing. The open wheelers and p cars are v good though .I do like the old slow cars in ams2 also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Thanks. If I'm not wrong I was already in that fiesta. :)
    But the "frankstein experiments" scare me a little bit, when I read of T300's motor put under stress. I think that I can wait until the Reizas make a "professional intervention". :)

And my problem is almost exclusievly the brake

EDIT: I lied! I'm trying new custom settings! Yup!

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I don't recognise 'good FFB', to me it's gone downhill with each upgrade since the start of early access. I just did a race in Assetto Corsa, and the FFB said 'you are locking the rears, you are locking the fronts, you have oversteer and with a counter turn on the wheel I can correct it'. I'm deleting all my game profiles each time a new upgrade comes out in AMS2 but the FFB just gets weaker and weaker. Admittedly I haven't tinkered with the settings, but all the FFB settings are at default and I have a G29 wheel, it should work but it feels as weak as a little kitten.