AMS 2, money making system?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Daniel Escudero, Dec 21, 2017.

?
  1. Yeah , thats the trend in simracing

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. No, we know Reiza will not do that.

27 vote(s)
    93.1%
  1. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

[​IMG]

I hate how some simulators abuse about our simracing needs, king of that is Iracing (iceracing based in rf1 engine ), but also Raceroom that sells us each car or track mod they produce, appart from the usual main price of the sim and multiplayer.

Rfactor 2 seems to go in the same money making system.

Only Assetto corsa , yeah so many pay dlcs...but so much free mod content, could be a rival to ams, but its ffb it is not so cool from my point of view.

Of course i did not mind to pay a logic price for good content, but please not for each pixel/byte they produce, cuz sometimes is kind of abuse.

I am so happy with Automobilista , i wanna see the next AMS2 but please dont forget your users and fanbase, We would pay but please dont abuse of us like some other simulators actually does, i drive and focus on automobilista because the reiza good behaviour with us (appart from their physics), cuz by now Automobilista is doing and incredible work, but what will come in the future with AMS 2[​IMG] ?

What do you think about?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Iracing is a whole different approach. But eventually i expect some more profit-oriented payware. Everyone would want its business to grow, even if you're not a capitalist pig paying children 1$/day to build tracks for ams2

• Like Like x 1
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually Raceroom is free including a stock content of cars ans tracks. You also can race online with this.
    But you have to buy additional cars and tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Daniel Escudero

yep , i know it has some free content and it is cool, i have Raceroom but dont race it because the physics. But they sell each track and car (all the content was almost 100 euros?) :D , thats what i dont want in ams2. Just my opinion.

5. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree with much of the OP. The free market, particularly in regard to entertainment, rewards good products. Companies that create a good product should make money. Expensive products that offer little value fail. Expensive products that succeed leave room in the market for value driven products so everyone is served.

I hope Reiza continues to make money and actually makes more than they have with AMS. Companies that make money stay in business and can make their products better.

Branded products cost more for them to license but I would like to see them replicate the current content in their next product and also add some branded cars. (I would like to see more street legal cars from Reiza but that is another topic). That would increase the price but I will gladly pay for quality. Sim racing software offers a lot of value for money.... hundreds of hours for very little charge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Daniel Escudero

Yeah i understand you and agree with your ideas but we need a balance not free but not so expensive. I raced in iracing and i dont wanna watch AMS2 become something similar paying for each track/ car...

7. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't see any sim except iRacing getting away with asking 10-times more for content.
    So this will also not be the case for Reiza17/AMS2/whatever.
    Why should they change the DLC concept they are following now?

IMO Raceroom has one of the best systems around.
    a) Packs that make sense
    b) Full series instead of just a car here and a car there
    c) Able to race with people who own content you don't own
    d) Absolue fair prices for the quality

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

To be honest a Raceroom like packs will be good, just call them DLC and you will notice any difference with other titles...the actual content will be ported to AMS2 and if they will add additional DLC like the Raceroom track packs (the European one is a good example) I will insta-buy them...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry but I really don't think a concept like Raceroom would do Reiza any good. The only major sims I don't own today are iRacing, cause I don't wanna subscribe to something I will use very little (I don't have a lot of time to race) and Raceroom, cause the free content is too limited and the DLC are expensive (at least converted to Brazilian R$).

I honestly believe the current model is fine (fixed price for a solid base content, DLC packs to improve on the product, occasional free expansions and a mod-friendly platform). AC does the exact same thing and it works really well for them... AMS has never had the same exposure because of its niche origins, Brazilian Stock Cars and Latin American tracks are a bit too obscure to most people... With a more robust (VR/DX11) and a more "global" product they have just as much potential to reach a wider audience as Kunos.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

To be more clear, I don't like the Raceroom prices but I like the idea of packs, like European track pack or full GT3 pack...on the other side I don't like the AC ones model, spare cars and not full series or same category...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with you on that... in a sense that's what Reiza already done with Brit Pack, I thought that was a cool DLC... more of those would really be the best way to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

While I don't like R3E system in general, some of their packs are worth it.
    We already know what Reiza is capable of, and whatever content they created turned out great. Same cannot be always said about Sector3Studios, IMO.
    So I say it depends. While I won't pay for all the content available in R3E, I'd be willing to pay for it if Reiza made it. I realize I may be going out on a limb, but I assume the content from Reiza would just be worth it.

However if Reiza would become another iRacing I'd be out - just because I don't have that much time to play, and paying monthly fee wouldn't make sense in my case. It would be like having a gym membership and going there once a month :p

They need money to survive and grow. The way it is now, in my opinion, Reiza is giving away maybe a bit too much (I even made post about it a while ago Reiza team is crazy...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some members of the simracing community should open a business and work for free :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Spin

Spin Active Member

I know this is a little off-topic but iRacing is not based on the RF1 engine nor any version of ISI's engine.

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To many people already using AMS just for it's engine and are using all kinds of mods to race.
    When we have to pay for the content from Reiza, even less people will use it.
    But the participation on multiplayer races is almost the same as in iRacing, although the races are not fenced off by money but by mods and leagues.,

• Like Like x 1
  16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Member

By my side if Reiza improves the graphics (mainly the sunlight system and shadows in cockpit), improve a bit the AI behaviour with defensive lines and include dynamic weather I'll buy every stuff regardless the chosen commercial system.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I won't maintain any subscription title - period. RaceRoom has some nice content but, the handling is not to my liking and the FFB is terrible using a DD-wheel; I'd rather play PC2 than RR but, fortunately, there are better choices - AMS being one of the best, imo.

DLC-packs / series are fine and I think they make sense as a way for studio's to provide some cash flow and fund development. I imagine that funding runs out at some point and that can negatively impact the end result; that's not good for the studio or the customers in the long run.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ams+season pass costs almost exactly the same as whole raceroom content (65€) not to mention u have free content in raceroom, something that ams is missing. Any suspition or even thinking that reiza would go in iracing ways is simply stupid. Whats the point of this topic? They will release the game, then release premium and free dlcs. Thats it

19. Daniel Escudero

the point is :

-monthly fees for multiplayer competition system? (all racing sims are going for ranked daily competition online system (as far i suspect rf2 and ams2?)
    -multiple payment for tracks/cars as in iracing/R3R/AC?

PD: may be now R3R is cheaper but with that FFB...i dont wanna waste more money (i spent 9 euros and i dont use it..)