1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

No. Sorry. You keep trying to insert your emotional needs into this debate. Its not about you. Its probably got a lot more to do with retooling the engine and stuff like that. As they went above previous levels its no wonder they never continued to keep in touch with gamepad support, which according to you at least is lacking. (and may be it is but thats not the point). Given that the game almost demands proper wheel support and wheel utility and usage, given how the exceptional FFB has become a shining light for the title, and given how they have progressed this stuff along with the custom guys - the decision to put gamepad support on the down low is not one in error.

How does one go through the justification of having to move ones own fingers just a few centimeters to turn, and to brake, to simply press a button versus the 16 bit input of my steering wheel and pedals?

It can't possibly be the same development path. This is why.

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

There has been no such decision, as gamepad experience improvements have been announced to come in the near future.

Also, that's not what I argued about. It is reasonable to prioritize improvements for wheel support. It is not reasonable to not improve gamepad support at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I would be careful with it because crazy bad controls in PC3 destroys not so bad game to me. They thought they know bettter (like race man here) what is the best. Every helper must be optional, not like in Forza or GT.

4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't believe people can play ARMA3 with keyboard & mouse and without real sized gun-replica with force feedback controller only o_O

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

No simulation then...

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Raceracerace

Oh stop saying my rights stop where your 'feelings' begin. I am NOT telling you what to enjoy. Deceitful nonsense much?

I gave you many suggesttions and reasons and all you can ever say is "woe is me".

Stop throwing up losing options and start throwing up options which progress your own enjoyment.

This is a thread for the april patch - which is basically been and done. I would be more so asking why you chose this spot to further this issue.

You asked a question and I gave an answer. You didn't like that and thought you would throw your toys out the cot in protest to the reality.

I know whats going on - you're trying to cry and twist my arm. And there is gas lighting going on, and there is blackmail, manipulations etc.

Take a good look at yourself. If you want to play with a game pad go for it, I can't possibly stop you. But if you want to argue with me over the merits of a gamepad (which I also use) then that could be your undoing. If anything I would say that the fact you don't use a wheel in this title puts you at a disadvantage to argue. Gamepad usage in this title is what I would expect.

Anyone who is playing rfactor 2 with a gamepad is not only missing out on 30% of the game, but they are willfully ignorant to the fact of what the game is about.

You're the one being silly here. And maybe discriminatory to wheel-users. Don't look down your nose at us mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

People don't? I thought that was mandatory?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Raceracerace

Says you

Its reasonable. lol you think gamepad support is the highest priority for a game designed for other input methods?

New age nonsense and trial by twitter etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Raceracerace

False equivalence. but kind of funny thanks for that.

The biggest problem in the world right now is lack of gamepad support apparently. Yuh - all those Forza PC users are itching to come over right away. To, er, do the same thing?

10. Dicra

Errm ... sure. :confused:

I guess I also threatened your family with murder, somehow.

I wanted to, but I do not wish to blackmail and twist your arm any further, lest you loose the plot even more. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

It's a racing sim and you don't need a wheel for it. 30 % is a non-sense. I don't have pits with a gamepad? Or AI works differently? Maybe my tires are different? What about sounds?

12. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not the biggest problem but having improvements made to alternative controller support would allow people to try the game first without going full on with simracing equipment.

When you provide a service like Reiza you have to cater for people using different input methods too. Gamepad is fairly standard method and should be included. Period.

13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yeah Forza overdoes it. I don't know what other gamepad users prefer and I haven't tried AMS2 with one at all. But I do play some racing games with a gamepad.

I like when a game helps with the twitchy nature of the pad, but still lets me do quick corrections and helps me avoid understeer, oversteer due to the lack of FFB etc. Forza seems like auto aim set to very high. It keeps you at the limit too much. Which is also generally OP vs wheel from what I understand.

But yeah I don't know and won't even try to think for you here :p. My only point was that thinking about fair controller level enhancements makes sense and is completely fine for AMS2 if there are many gamepad players. It doesn't have to make the title worse for others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raceracerace

All that is irrelevant to you - but if you do, its years in jail. You're just the sympathizer. So your input in that regard is futile.

Lose the plot? A rebuttal straight up, champ: I never lost the plot.

15. Raceracerace

Agree with most of that. Do the same. Mate, there's probably only 10 gamepad users out there for AMS2.

16. Dicra

I hope for your sanity that this is not you typing, and it's just a really unlucky cat walking over your keyboard and accidentally typing out this grotesque overreaction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Raceracerace

What are you even on about?

Are your arguments so strong you have to resort to ad hominem attacks and non-related esoteric things?

Mate people who play non arcade games with controllers expecting the same degree of experience and then claim that 'reiza' 'owe' them a service to that is nonsense.

You accepted the terms and conditions to buy the game and to also play the game, it didn't say anything about giving you great controller support.

The thing about the ISI engine is its soooo limiting compared to whats been done with AMS2. Its no wonder such support does not exist. No I do not know the ins and outs but yes, it sounds ridiculous to expect something from nothing given how far removed the madness engine is to all that now

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

"Never fight a troll. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

-A wise internet user

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Raceracerace there are 2 major flaws on your way of thinking...
    1) wheel is the best option
    2) add better support for gamepad will be a waste of resources

In my eyes (but seems I am not the only one here)
    1) you don't take in account how many people can't afford a wheel or worse can't use it due to disabilities
    2) you have no idea how software programming works and how wrong you are on this

20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Tonight on Jerry Springer: my husband played DCS with a gamepad

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.