1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Hey, mate, I'm not the one ranting about manipulations and gaslighting, and discrimination of wheel users. The second you started doing that, I decided that there wouldn't be a lot of merit in taking you seriously.

In order to get something productive out of this, my advice is this:
    Get yourself in a comfortable position.
    Breathe in.
    Breathe out.
    In.
    Out.
    Better?

So, now please read my first two posts on this issue carefully. Then, try to reevaluate what position you're arguing against, try to evaluate what I actually said. Are you really arguing against a gamepad suprematist who thinks that wheel users should kneel to his feet and Reiza should abide his every demand?

If you still think the answer to that is "yes", I can't help you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Raceracerace think about it this way: the more inclusive the title is equals with more copies sold the more resources are available for Reiza to benefit you as well (licences, content, enhancements etc).

Even if you don't agree with it - it's still a good thing for everyone, yourself included.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Hold on. So you didn't put me on ignore. Ahhh.

I am not a troll. I think this is a debate worth having - not because the guy can't get controller satisfaction [oddly] in AMS2 for some reason, where he has chosen to try to receive it [oddly enough]- but because with all the new lower tier and more affordable wheel options, what makes someone stay with the controller over the wheel.

4. Raceracerace

This is just your way to fill up your night in an argument I was not having with you, to try and get on my nerves as if I am the problem, but which you want to make yourself the center of attention - and look I understand a lot of that and that you may wish to join in - but I am still trying to deal with him and none of this advances the claims he is making.

I am actually fairly good at sticking to points and keeping things on point, and dealing with issues. Please do not lay your claims at my feet, thankyou.

Now find something better to do, or argue with me positively (not that other junk) to do with some other aspect about these...controller preferences. I am not interested in being cut down by the likes of you because I have the economy or put aside the funds while also having the preference to buy and enjoy a wheel then [rightly] state that I wish everyone had a wheel.

5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

That's one thing but another one is gamepad is normal way of a control. And AMS1 support is so easy to implement. We don't need any active helpers. Just linearity settings which is very easy to implement and some wheel users could use it for pedals and even wheels. Then we need some rates, which is the same, it's delay from input to in game action. Easy to implement and helps a lot. It's not special gamepad support, it's important for wheel users too. Axes tuning.

6. Raceracerace

Oh come on. I fully understand what you are saying and even appreciate you saying it; its good input. But you can't possibly know or attribute ANY of that. If thats true: Then you might expect it to already be done. This has not been the case, the project of AMS2 is not an ill-thought out project either; and also it was the right choice. Its a simulation. I do happen to think controller support should come more eventually but not at the expense of forging out the physics and playstyle a proper simulation should have, lest it limit the project. So it should not be a consideration with any forethought, but rather done after the fact.

7. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dicra

Great.
    So, do you disagree with the following talking points:
    - gamepads, while the driving experience is inferior to wheels, have their own merits, especially when it comes to playing in order to relax, or limited spacial opportunities
    - the improvement of gamepad support could lead to some new users playing the game, which previously didn't see any reason to do so
    - gamepad support in AMS2 is lacking especially in the low speed corners
    - improving gamepad support is reasonable as long as it is not detrimental to the enjoyment of wheel users and to the improvement of the wheel experience

If yes, where and why?
    If no, we actually don't even have anything to discuss.

9. Raceracerace

No, its not. I saw the guy on youtube. He is absolutely against the title completely. I am only pointing something out and I do not like denialists.

Gamepad support is not necessarily the normal way of control.

10. Raceracerace

We never had anything to discuss. I don't like ultimatums - do you see me handing out ultimatums? You should be able to glean your answers from my (now haha 'extended') commentary on this issue.

Just so you know I am not running against you, I think low speed corners are the perfect idea when it comes to not supporting controller as a consideration of development. And they do indeed have their own merits - in games like Forza horizon and nba2k they are absolutely a requirement. And why can't wheels be?

11. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yeah, I know. But the style is very the same. Strange. Fun fact, he plays Forza and likes rF2. Two games you mentioned. Strange.

The problem is it's not good idea to start a "discussion" with him because it leads nowhere. Strange...

12. Raceracerace

I promise you I am not him. I can tell you I have responded to him on youtube in the past urging him to give the game a chance. So I do know what its like to not have someone agree with you on an issue.

13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Because of sensitivity?

14. Raceracerace

No. Guys like that are probably devs from other company's. I find it 'strange' that people continually ask for controller improvements. I think if this game can be run by a controller [edit: perfectly] then it is selling itself short. I also think controller improvements are at some point kind of necessary.

I am not sure fully, as to my verbosity on this issue, and how many posts relate to it, if my opinion is fully understood.

15. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Great. He has strange thinking too. AMS2 is like on rails to him :D And then he plays "dumb" Forza.

So if you want to talk about gamepads, it's not a problem. But it doesn't like you want to talk about it. You want to force some non-sense to us. That's Koly style and it's a problem for every discussion.

16. Dicra

Yeah. There seems to be no sweet spot for tracks with slow speed corners, like Hockenheim, Adelaide or (a bit unfair, as that track doesn't go well with gamepads in any game) Monaco.

Either you're not turning in at >100 kp/h corners, or you're fighting excessively twitchy behaviour in high speed corners, especially when they include direction changes.

A bit more steering range in slow speeds even on high speed sensitivity settings would help with that, I think.

17. Manohy

Manohy Member

Oh guys is the almighty perfectly perfect AMS2 so boring that many of you are busy here to fight about anything instead of playing it. The discussion here went so deep...it's now about palm trees? Just saying....back to AC,RRRE,ACC,RF2 now. I hope Reiza will close this topic soon...Otherwise ll come back here time on time between sim race loading to see the mayhem.

Edit: about palm trees, the 15gigas update is mainly for foliage :whistle:
    Disk Space - Users are advised to ensure they have 10-15GB worth of disk space in their AMS2 install to accommodate the addition of seasonal foliage sets for all tracks.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  18. Raceracerace

I think actually that (I know this is not true or I can't prove it and its not a conspiracy theory) but I think other devs are kind of jealous they are not working with a modern game engine. Its all pros and cons.

I think if the madness engine can be used with a controller (too much, don't get me wrong) then its holding the genre back. I think for it to be the best game it can be, then it needs to move away from those on rails type games with smaller slip angles and more limited tire models or less complete physics modelling, etc.

I think other devs consider "on rails" derogatory about their games and they may think ams2 is a bit gimped because its not catering to controllers so much.

19. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

The problem is ME has problematic gamepad settings. It's not about twitchness and other stuff. It's about bad axes settings.

I don't understand at least half of the stuff you wrote but it could be my weak English, I guess.

Ah, that could be right. It's hard to find right balance because it's too sensitive half of the cases or too low sensitive.

That could be solved with right linearity settings with speed sensitivity set to around 50. You don't need high speed sensitivity with good/low steering sensitivity.

20. Raceracerace

Well I do explain some more in post 998

I think bad axes etc is because reiza if they deved for controllers would be trying to hit a moving target at this stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.