1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I mostly view Formula series as Open-Wheeler racing series run directly under the FIA banner. CART and Indycar (as well as all american racing series) are run (or were run) under the ACCUS since the late 50's when the FIA withdrew from the US territory and dismantled the AAA Contest Board. Note that all american series are recognized by the FIA, but they aren't run under it.

It's just a technical distinction but still one that exists.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Apex

Apex Active Member

Thx for the update!

I'm curious as to why you settled on Nurburgring 1971 and not, say, 1973-82? I'm aware the differences are minimal (some bridges were changed slightly, I think), but the reason I'm asking is that we don't really have any early '70s cars.

It's sort of the same with Imola where the 1974-80 layout would have made a lot more sense with the cars we have.

Just wondering.

/racing history pedant

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Just want to say a massive thank you again for continued efforts at a difficult time for what is still for me the best sim out there and one that gives the community so much joy. For the devs affected by the war we’re so grateful for all you do and our thoughts are with you and your families. Please, family first and stay safe.

Reading the themes around formula vs tin tops and the balance it’s almost funny for me, since I don’t know any other game that offers the breadth of vehicles and racing that AMS2 does. Of course we want more of what we prefer, but how many of us have actually driven more than 50% of the cars in the game? I think there’s so many underused cars (and tracks) in lobbies and make a deliberate attempt in the “Bobby Lobby’s” that I host to use the lesser used vehicles and tracks - often followed with feedback of “wow, these G40’s are great for close league racing” or “these caterham superlights are great for learning car control”… or “these p3’s are great to throw around”… I could go on and on.

It also makes complete sense to me that given a good enough platform in the base game that Reiza would add classes that will open up new market segments for the game - CART and F1 being key to big new markets. With this comes more players, more revenue for Reiza and a bigger dev team = faster roadmap… win win for us all.

I mean no disrespect to those posting passionately about their wants and needs, just take amusement in our collective human nature to want more more more, particularly at a time where we’re exposed to some great tragedy in the world and arguably would be much more lenient and caring for one another.

keep up the great work guys - I can’t say enough how much progress has been made in the two years and hopefully with your financial stability and growth you can bring us even more in the next two.

More importantly, see you on track!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This discussion is surreal tbh

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

5F09171D-3B8D-4E64-9BB9-C3D0B56E65BC.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. rmagid1010

I think it may have to do with the reference materials that are avaliable from the time period. I think this is the case because Renato explained that for Spa, they had better reference material from 1993 than 1991, even though they had planned to reproduce 1991 Spa. A dev may correct me though on this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Shriukan

My guess is that 1971 picked because it was the last year that races happened on the Südschleife portion of the track, namely Formula 3 I believe. That section has now partially become public roads, other parts were left in disuse to be reclaimed by nature, have been destroyed to make space for houses or have been used for the GP track.

• Informative Informative x 6
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula is something the F1 has recently tried to trademark that is why also some other series are not using the name

9. Apex

Apex Active Member

Wait, are you saying we might be getting the combined 1971 track as an option, like we have with the modern version? That would be mental. I mean recreating a historic version of such a long track is already a tremendous task.

10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oorrr.. we will get just the Betonschleiffe :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  11. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't particularly care about the 7 classes of Brazilian stock cars and am much more excited about the NASCAR stock car that we all assume is coming.

But I also recognize that the reason that the game is called AMS 2 because there was a game called AMS 1 that was built around Brazilian stock cars, and that a bunch of BSC fans bought the game and Reiza made enough money that they made a sequel that has the cars that I remember from when I was a kid.

So I'm happy for the BSC fans because they have their cars, and I'm happy for the F1 fans who have their cars, and I'm happy for you because you've got your GT3s and GT4s. That's empathy. But it's also selfish. Check it out.

If more people buy Reiza's game and Reiza makes more money, there's a higher chance that Reiza will add more content that I'm excited for. It's real simple.

Also you can't add the CART cars and the F1 cars together and say "50 cars that are the same" because the CART cars and F1 cars aren't the same as each other. Just like the 7 classes of BSC aren't the same as NASCAR even though they both have fenders and they both have "Stock Car" in their name.

12. Shriukan

I'd like to think so, yes.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

F-Ultimate Gen 2 announcement reaction summarized...

13GTxxwE89NGuc.gif

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One pixel is wrong, literally undriveable.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. rmagid1010

Literally on rails

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

First off, my hat off to the team and particularly @Sandro Nabutovskiy for those circumstances. Not forgetting such a big life upheaval for @ilka too, can't be many relocation moves that cover more kilometres than that. Hope their respective families are well too.

Personally, the big content news here is the new track, which I really look forward to trying, and the news about vintage Nurburgring and Spa - those will be the crowning glory for AMS2 for me, so hopefully some appropriate 70s tin tops are in the pipeline to accompany them.

The new GP car isn't my personal cup of tea, most modern single seaters aren't, but I've seen its generated a lot of conversation and interest and hopefully this buzz translates into more sales.

Great news in the housekeeping section about Reiza doing well and reinvesting into the game - I'm not a season pass holder so I hope you have plenty of interesting new packs in future that will make me part with some more pennies!

Stay safe all.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

...and very bumpy...:D

18. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Round and round we go with this one.

When was the last modern F1 car added? 'Modern' meaning it represents a car from the last 8 years (the previous regs). Not 'open wheelers', not Indy but Forumla 1.

The answer would be the Formula Ultimate, can you tell me how long ago that was added?

How many other cars have been added between then and now? How many stock cars, road cars, GT cars?

Essentially modern F1, until this new car drops, is represented in the game by one car.

So if this aint your thing, FINE, we got it, but don't try and lump all open wheel cars together to justify your argument that it is just a duplication of existing cars, it isn't, for people who actually know the difference between Formula 1 and Indy car, it is significant.

So this '50 of the same car' line that you have repeated again and again is not true, does not apply.

This is the first and only car from the current era of F1 and even if you take the last era that brings our grand total of Modern F1 cars to 2. If we choose to be really generous we can bring that to 3 with the 'Formula Reiza'.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I certainly don't expect to see the Südschleife loop - I think just a 1971 Nordschleife is enough of an undertaking!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

First of all, My being called a GT3/GT4 fan is starting to bother me. My answer is attached.
    If I'm going to answer in general. Why are you so obsessed with the "formula" part? All of them are open wheels cars. And i said we have enough of them. This doesn't mean "i don't want any formula cars anymore". It just mean "please add diffrent car recently at least". I never knew Brazilian Stock Cars Series. But learned it in this game and i loved it. It doesn't matter for me which car they are adding to this game. I just wanted a different car type to excite me, that's it. It was disappointing for me to see only "open wheel" cars for four months. I was waiting for a car to renew my excitement. Maybe old open-wheel cars are just that to others, but not for me. LOOK! I'm saying that one more time. I'm not a hater for formula cars. I just criticized the period of 4 months, that's it.