1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

While there are points I agree with in your argument, we generally disagree. After all, these are all open-wheel cars. Do I need to know all the history of open-wheel cars to criticize the situation I'm talking about? How curious are you to show that you are knowledgeable on this subject. If you think that i'm a ignorant, you should give me more rights :D Because i see too many cars of the same type with different design. I watched the F1 races after 2000's and don't know any thing about CART and Indycar Series. When i open the car list, i saw too many open wheel cars. Believe it, i don't care the history of them. Except 2000's cars. And i don't want to be disrespect to "open wheel" lovers. I hope they see more "open wheel" cars in this game. But don't take away my right to criticize the cars added in the last four months. Because i paid same money as you.

2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

for people who somehow think that f1 cars and indycars are the same:

• Like Like x 5
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I took no credit away from you and I'm not talking about the history of F1, I'm talking about the Formulae that Formula 1 has gone through. That's what 'Formula' means as someone else pointed out. What is widely accepted is irrelevant; Justin Bieber was widely accepted as a great musician.

If we are disregarding that fact then we have no debate at all, GP cars from the 60s are the same as modern F1 because they don't have a roof and wheel coverings?! Yeah, sure, if you want to think that way feel free, but don't expect much understanding from people who do feel there is a huge distinction.

You have been arguing that Reiza are only adding one type of car and obviously are getting push back as a result. By your logic there are only two types of car in the game, 'open' and 'closed' wheel.

My post was simply to point out that, actually, there aren't lots of modern Formula 1 cars in the game, in fact almost 20 years of one of the largest motorsports are covered in 2-3 cars.

Your whole argument is based around us accepting that Indy Cars/Cart/'open wheelers' are interchangeable with 2022 F1 cars and they aren't.

I feel I have been pretty understanding, I haven't insulted you or attacked you, I simply disagree that you can criticise Reiza on the grounds that you are. You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean we have to accept your opinion as being well rooted in fact.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy smokes! The audio upgrade on that f-ultimate g2 is so goooood compared to the f-ultimate just listening to that video.

Hope it releases soon as i can't wait to get my hands on it.

Just wanted to say, i always bought ams (also 1) for the sheer scale of open wheelers that are available. So many specs, its just so good. But as I'm very content with the content i hardly post about it and just enjoy it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the Pt. 2 DLC being released in 3 parts itself contributed heavily to this argument lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Wondering if the rear lights on the F-Ultimate Gen 2 will blink during energy harvesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes sound got a very perceivable improvement on the Ultimate cars of both gens

• Like Like x 3
  8. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello
    in the beta tab I have the option none.
    so no way to have the ultimate gen 2

9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

v1.3.5.X has not been released yet. This practice will begin after v1.3.5 has been released:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the 1971 version still has the narrow version of Döttinger Höhe with the hedges and the hills, before it was flattened and widened sometime before 1975. So fun in fast cars with little downforce!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

ok thanks for the information. you could tell me if a date is planned for the last f1. being a 95% formula ultimate player understood my impatience

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no publicly announced date

13. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

As Reiza backer, you can`t install the "full" beta (separate program)?

14. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

Then my argument will never be right. Because it is impossible that they never add same car twice.

Whatever happens, the truth is 21 cars of last 25 cars were open wheels. And 18 cars of those 21 cars are F-USA cars. So, they are totally the same. Underlying engineering won't change my mind. And you can see many people who say same thing with me. Just because I'm not a car engineer doesn't change anything. Every evenig i'm arguing with diffrerent guy. I'm trying to explain what i really want to say again and again to some one else on every night. And the subject moved in a different direction.

I'm saying that again; I don't hate formula (or open wheel cars). I'm respect your formula/indycars/CART love. I hope more will come. They gave us 18 F-USA cars, 3 Formula Retro Gen-3 cars and 4 VW in 4 months. And they announce new formula car for next update (All open wheels car don't same i know, i knew before you say it) . And then, i said "please no more formula cars". At least for a while. Because they promissed us for very exciting cars. That's all it. It was just a simple reproof. But every day some one else sees my messages and answering it. Some says "GT3/GT4 races exist on every game", some says "go and drive another car", some says "we love formula cars", some says "all of the formula cars aren't same" etc. etc. .But i just wanted to say "please add different type of cars". That's it.

Thank you for detailed explanation about open wheel cars by the way. Good evening.

15. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Then you got your wish because F1 2022 is a different type of car to CART 1998. ;)

Good evening to you too.

16. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

I had no objection to that anyway :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Click NAME. Click IGNORE. Ahhh - that's better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

New Mercedes.
    ams 11.jpg
    :)TBC
    Goodnight

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Semi-related, is there a reason the historical tracks are specifically all clustered within the era 1970-72? (Imola, Spa, Nurburgring, Monza, possibly etc.) Just that I notice a particular absence of early 70s cars to match :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Check around 2:10 into this vid:

Actually, just watch the full thing and appreciate what nutters they were

• Like Like x 8