1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The difference is easier to see if you keep mis-quoting me and just pick out the things that suit your viewpoint; this is the second time you've done this.

Totally within the realms of what constitutes an accurate representation of real life:
    Reset car button so that any mistake isn't half as costly.
    Reset to pits button
    Repair a damaged car in qualifying by resetting it to pits
    Removing the entire halo (not the halo support beam, that wasn't what happened in AMS1 and what we were talking about)
    Driving aids that aren't actually in the car and directly influence its behaviour, like traction control and ABS for 2022 formula cars
    Adjusting weather
    Damage off
    Tire wear off
    Tire wear 6 times as fast as in real life
    Fuel usage off
    A full 24 hour day-night circle within a few minutes
    Ghost cars allowed
    Helping ideal line that appears in funny colours on the track
    Tire warmth indicator so you don't get surprised by overheated tires.
    Big virtual mirrors (even sims where the mirrors work have those)
    Proximity arrows
    Ability to use pad and keyboard
    Auto clutch
    Formula "classes" where every car is equally fast and has equal characteristics

Totally unrealistic and realism-breaking, might as well play Mario Kart:
    Adjusting dirty air

I mean, yeah, you can deem that not important because it maybe only leads to different and not necessarily worse races, you can deem it something that is not helpful to the game, or even harmful because of higher complication of the user interface. But that "realism" argument is really the least convincing thing you could possibly argue. Point being: Sims are unrealistic in a myriad of different aspects because in the end they are also games.
    So why the hell are you still on about that?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

In all honesty, your post comes across as defensive, emotional, greatly exaggerated. And quite rude.

You accused me of misrepresenting you (without any specific details), then immediately follow up with attributing a long list of features I've never mentioned at all!

All I did was point out the difference between some features being discussed, and the one you requested. And you didn't directly answer it.

Try to keep things in perspective.