1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Hoping the dev team stays safe during these uncertain times!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

Respectfully, I don't care about new content. I want to know what BUGS are going to be addressed. When will the A.I stop picking my livery, or when I can I choose which SPECIFIC cars I'm racing against? I get that times are tough... but there have been some persistent issues and all we keep getting told is about new content...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Thank you to you and your team, especially for managing all of this during these times, all the best to you.

Really informative update and I'm so excited for what's coming.

4. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which would be fine Renato, had it not been for the fact you actually said they were coming and that some of it might even drop before 1.3 which was over 4 months ago. I do project management as a profession so I am well versed in deadlines and delays. I don't think it unfair to say you have done a fairly terrible job of communication in the past of self imposing promises (which is fine) but where you have failed is in the area of getting ahead of delays and communicating to your clients. Delays are expected... but so is the accompanying communication around it. It feels like communication is something being done off the side of someone's desk and no reputable company handles communication this way. Even in the beta we'll see "Update posted changelog after multi test"...then 3 days later still nothing. I think the approach you used in this update is much better and hopefully Reiza can be consistent in this.

I get that I am going to get a lot of thumbs down and dislikes for this but I don't care, I'm not here to make friends. In no way am I saying "hurry and deliver", I am simply saying be proactive and manage expectations better especially for deliverables for which you have given timeframes for. You hopefully wouldn't tell a friend you'll meet them tomorrow at noon for lunch and then not show up and then call them 3 days later and apologize for not showing, right? Similar concept.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The dev updates aren't for you then. That's what changelogs are for.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update. Apart from Nurburgring 1970 and old SPA what other tracks are in the historical track pack? Any chance of 1967 Monaco?

• Like Like x 4
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear Ilka and Sandro have been ok through this whole ordeal. I know Twitter and the forums can get heated at times, but just want you all to know we're praying for you.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve never felt proud of a developer before, but Wow. Wonderful stuff, guys.
    :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

One of the most memorable sentences I've ever read about a racing sim! Just in time for the gpu price drop we've all been waiting for.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Old Spa and old Nurburgring are not in the historical track pack. They are in their respectful premium track packs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You’re not here to make friends but you want to be treated like a friend…:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

He is to be commended, must be very stressful at the mo

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

He has touched on this ( at length) and has apologised, and is altering the way things are communicated or teased.

There’s no point in rubbing salt into a wound that’s starting to heal .
    It’s time to just let bygone’s be bygones and look forward. .

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I'm with you. I am totally fine with delays. I understand that things happen. And a war on top of a developer is most certainly a "thing."

I know that @Roy Niessink gets a lot of criticism here too for taking a similar stance. But you're both right. Everyone can handle delays. Just tell us what's going on and it will be much easier for everyone to relax.

It seems to me that the best asset AMS2 has is this super-passionate player base who taps F5 like a squirrel hoping for cocaine when we expect a patch to drop. All @Renato Simioni has to do is let us know what's going on and I think everyone would very politely chill out. And it doesn't have to be a huge update with lots of pretty screenshots. Just a short note once a week or every two weeks would really help.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

all good, just one thing : where is the new ffb guide?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah you are totally right, also they should not show stuff on screenshots that are not about to be released in a couple days, for example the Aston Martin, its better to show that on sreenshots just before a update, as they do now with the 2022 f1 car, that way people wont get all exited, which then turns into disappointment when it takes 6 months or longer before its released.

i am glad that more people are starting to realize that this is not the best way to do things.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is one thing I do hope gets out there soon, in either official or unoffical capacity. New ams2 players will want to know how to configure their wheel settings, and currently they have to look at dodgy youtube ramblings or old guides from before the big ffb updates last year which are out of date.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. rmagid1010

I think you got your wish, we are going to start seeing less dev updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

another thing that was mentioned to be coming a while back, this would help especially for the new people coming to ams2 since the latest steamsales and humble bundle, if people cant get their wheel setup properly, they easily go away from ams2 to never look back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. rmagid1010

Although I do hope by summer time that we have the Nissans and Astons, and the scheduled races in whatever form they are going to be. I think video game playercounts are highest in summer and in winter, so we could probably get some very populated and competitive regular racing by then.