1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, lets be honest, we didn't get a lot of those lately anyway :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The work done though is extraordinary, we get so much more than acc players can dream off, and for cheaper, and it drives better.

Reiza are never going to make us grind 30 million credits, nor make us pay microtransactions for a single car, unlike a certain Japanese conglomerate...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

The most important thing for me is, that developement of AMS2 will be continued for some more years (if i understood Renato well).
    I believe the Madness Engine has the potential for much more cool stuff, so no need for AMS3 or alike!
    Glad to be a Reiza Fanboy since i played Copa de marcas Petrobras years ago.....

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep.. Much better braking on those cars incoming :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I prefer to have more information on what is coming even if it is not coming in the next 2 days. I won't take personal offense if plan gets changed and other opportunities arise that developers want to push forward as priority.
    Frankly I find that this attitude only leads to reduction in communication which at the end is worse. Better to know something is coming and may be soon or may be later than not knowing anything and having developer's logs full of self censored sentences so as not to break the hearts of a few noisy users.
    But that is obviously me...:D

• Agree Agree x 13
  6. CK73

CK73 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The beautiful and at the same time sad news. I didn't even know that team members from Ukraine work with you. Hope they and their families are safe and well. The War in Ukraine. Keeps us very busy in Europe.
    Since back some things in the background.

I still find it amazing with what speed he still plays forward.
    Even if you think you're behind your own schedule.

Believe there bring a lot of understanding for. Especially in the present time.
    Criticism would be here on the bottle place.

First Corona had us firmly in hand. And now war in Europe.

I think everyone should understand because the schedule cannot be met.

Keep it up guys

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Oval racing is what I expect most in AMS 2, unfortunately only RF 2 offers this type of race against AI, a huge possibility of fun not contemplated by most simulators.
    :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

FFS Roy,
    Renato has admitted this has caused expectations that things are imminent. And therefore stated that he will resist doing so going forwards.
    He has apologised and explained the situation around things like delays.
    What more do you want ? ( aside from another historic spa of course, which the entire internet knows how you feel about it by now) , Why keep sticking the knife in ?

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to the big new licenses! So much speculation can come from just the 1971 Nurburgring track alone...

Just from Porsche we could get the 917K, 908/03, 914/6, 911S.

If we get Nissan, maybe that leads to Renault and maybe the Alpine A110?

Maybe Alfa? That T33/3 sure is nice looking.

...and of course the Ferrari 312PB, 512S, etc.

The future of AMS2 looks very bright indeed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

People's crazy entitlement aside... this is great news. Keep it up Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's interesting the contrast between Reiza's "modus operandi" vs. SMS's. There's already rumblings of Pcars4, meanwhile Reiza silently just works on improving AMS2 and adding content. I'd rather have incremental improvements and the occasional DLC than have to buy the same game every 2-3 years.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. TacticalNuclearPingu

TacticalNuclearPingu Member AMS2 Club Member

Always happy to see a Dev notes update! They really are a luxury, as is the fantastic communication Reiza has with the player base. Definitely something other game developers could learn from. Future looks very bright for this sim.

Quick question I'd like to ask @Renato Simioni - you mention scheduled races on a third party are in the works (whoever that might be) - does this mean Reiza plan to release their own dedicated (dedi) server software league and community admins can use to host their own races?

As far as I'm aware, the only server running options currently available are the in game (P2P) lobbies and an open source dedi which I believe grew out of a homebrew community PC1 project which has a limit of 22 players (it will kick players once it reaches that number).

Unfortunately this leaves the online community I am an admin of in a bit of a difficult position, as whilst we are used to hosting servers off our own AWS instances (with other sims), we lack the dedi software capable of supporting the numbers of players we often have, which for championship events is often in the 30s week on week.

We would like to use a dedi as then we could use the logfile for tracking championships and large events, and fundamentally believe we can help to grow the online user base in our region.

The in game lobbies function well enough for weekly races but for our larger events we have noticed there can be issues with players desyncing to each other, not being timed correctly and so on, which I understand can be an issue with larger player numbers in the in game lobbies due to the nature of the protocols. In the past we have had to run splits of drivers to keep the numbers low and more stable, but this is not ideal.

Services like simracing.gp and JR look great but unfortunately do not address the question above, of server reliability as to my knowledge, they rely on the same dedi software which we cannot use due to the player number constraints.

Tl dr; Does Reiza have plans to release some form of dedi software so leagues and communities can effectively run and host their own events, on a server instance of their choice? We run into issues with the current options and it is holding us back in growing the online player base of AMS2 in our league, substantially.

Thanks as always for a wonderful sim!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Apology accepted as were the last ones. Thanks.
    was going to leave it at that but.
    So, same as when I joined forum ams2, and now a further 4500 additional members since then (at least) from memory. Correct me if Im wrong. So
    very important here (forum) and non forum via steam, media etc. for comms in general, So glad to read so much in first part of OP
    World has gone to s--t again and no end in sight. Pretty much all products/services affected and delayed for these 2 and now into 3 years and in most even all countries. We live in hope.
    Thats
    Fine, since it just gets better despite hickups Im in.
    Yes so thanks from me, devs/ Reiza:)
    Have fun

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So if we are getting F1 2022 cars is there also going to be safety cars and full course yellows?

15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Only if you activate a Nicolas Latifi custom Ai or skin ;)

• Funny Funny x 9
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Bunch of grown ass adults acting like children some of you. Why is it so important that some one tells you regularly that things are interfering with progress? Why can't you just use your brain and realise that when updates don't come it's because other stuff got in the way? I get that this can be disappointing but it's just a game. You've had some of it spelled out for you for those to dumb to work out for themselves - one dev had to leave his country and the other is working from an occupied country. Their boss is busy trying to ensure his employees safety. But some of you still think that getting regular updates are of equal or higher important. You real need to get a grip of yourselves. I get that you are disappointed but get a sense of proportion. Nobody has been robbed here - everything that you have bought will come. Some of it will be late. You know this. Stop stressing yourself. Jeez!

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We haven’t even announced one of these brands yet, but as far as Nissan goes it is true they were planned for end of year and pushed back.

I’m not sure I agree with your analogy - development plans are not personal commitments to you or anyone else - but there’s no questioning your criticism has merits. All I can say is that for over 10 years I’ve concentrated jobs that would have been done by 10 different people in a saner organization, and as Reiza and AMS2 has grown and I begun getting more grey hair, over half of those functions have been performed more and more poorly. Getting more people and delegating some of that is part of the restructuring that is currently in progress, and being more conservative with timing of teasers moving forward has been a lesson that I finally registered :)

• Like Like x 38
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

I've met 4 year olds more mature than some people here.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Appreciate the response and I am glad you understand my tone in that I am not personally attacking you or Reiza. The game has improved leaps and bounds since inception and I get that you are in that phase where you have people such as yourself that take on tasks and roles that essentially are outside their actual scope (but are essential) and that is unenviable as my firm went through similar growing pains. In no way, shape or form am I questioning your abilities and I am glad you didn't interpret it as such. Perception is a pretty big deal initially and I am aware you are already battling the silly pre-conceived notions some have about your game engine so I just wanted to share my perception in regards to the communications and how I think it has a negative impact. It is something that your team has the ability to control and as I said, this communication from this article projects much better than some of the past. Glad to hear you are in a phase where you have some capacity to add to the team a bit and I hope it relieves the burden from your hard working team.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

We live in tough times Renato, everyone has to accept that reality. Some people here have the luxury of complaining about updates, others are losing their homes, and more. At the end of the day, the majority of us fully understand, that you & your team are committed & doing their best; that’s all that matters‍♂️

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2