1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

more than s397 sure, as for the others..not so much

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

They give enough updates to keep the game engaging, that's all I really care about :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

More than Kunos, S397 and S3 for sure. Kunos do very little in the last year, only occasional bug fixes and what 1 DLC. S3 do updates around 3 monthly and s397 is a glacier. AMS2 is constantly every month that of late has pushed out to maybe 5 weeks but then it's like 2-3 updates to complete the cycle.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. RDG

RDG Active Member

Nice to see ERS modes, will we also see a more realistic performance with the new ERS modes? Right now you can do a 1:42-43 at Spa in the 2019 ultimate on the default ERS with hardly any battery usage, the actual pole by Leclerc (with a questionably legal PU) was a 1:42.5 and Hamilton even did a 1:43.2.

Would also be nice to get a more realistic LCD on the steering wheel: right now the bar that's typically used to show battery level is showing RPM, the delta times don't really seem to work and IIRC there's no tyre temperature readout on the LCD either. I drive in VR without the UI for maximum immersion, so it'd be nice to have that information on the wheel itself.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

First of all, I'm very happy to see the new and (imo) far more reasonable policy which doesn't force you to abide hard/impossible to meet deadlines and rush things. I genuinely hope this will not only lead to more user satisfaction, but also towards more polished content, especially in terms of AI, which has been the most severely lacking part of this sim in my opinion.

Apart from this, I think I've never been hyped as much for a game update as I am for this after reading this:

I'm an absolute sucker for modern F1 and to see the modern F1 cars receive this much love makes me very happy and optimistic concerning this coming update. Just hope the cars turn out as good as I'm wishing them to be.
    Especially these tire revisions sound very very promising - the last time a "significant step forward" was promised, we got the big diff fix.

• Like Like x 6
  6. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

finally oval :) thank you!

7. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

It would also be nice if the DRS LED was re implemented, I believe it's been removed about a year ago. An option to hide the halo's center pillar would be nice too, I feel like a lot of people are asking for it.

On another note, how final is the F-Ultimate Gen2's model? I don't mean to disrespect Sandro's work especially since he made in while his city was under siege and it's not bad by any mean, it's a fine looking car! But it feels a bit unfinished to me. The wheel cover winglets don't have the slot that, if I remember correctly, every car has. There's also some geometry weirdness going on around the sidepods louvres and a few other places on the car. The sidepods in general have a bit unrealistic shape with no undercut of any kind, both lots of louvres and a massive rear cooling exhaust (ain't gonna overheat, that's for sure) and the intakes that are massive and of a design that nobody uses (except the FIA showcar but I don't think they meant it as a something that teams would actually use). And a few other really minor stuff..

Sorry this is so long-winded btw but I just wanted to put it out there and not bother anyone with it again.. I also suck at making thing concise.
    Edit: slimed it down, got lost in some nitpicking. Also I've noticed the front wing is very low to the ground, maybe too low, I'm not sure but it might actually be illegal.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Heavily second this. In real life, you don't notice the HALO, because it's very close and your eyes are looking into the distance. But in the sim, it feels like a trunk in your car, obstructing far too much of your view.

If it isn't possible to make it removable in the game, why not just provide two variations of Formula Ultimate Gen2, one where the Halo's complete and one where the centar pillar is missing (maybe make the AI unable to drive this one)? Would just entail to copy/paste the car and remove the centar pillar.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Thank you for the amazing work even when some of you are working in a war zone!

Group C needs more cars to the field. Jaguar, Mazda, Lancia, Peugeot, Toyota... Just some of the cars missing.

Le Mans would be nice... but now ACO sold the brand to the competition so... well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How much longer by the looks motosport games isn't doing well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess that Reiza cannot directly copy the real cars for legal reasons, but what matters is that they look good enough. You probably wont notice these details at 200mph+

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they cannot get too close to real car details for legal reasons...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a chance we could get the late 1990's version of the Nurburgring GP with the Castrol-S in the beginning instead of Mercedes Arena? I wouldn't know if this would create a huge workload, though. Maybe naively, I'm thinking the 1995-2001 track variant could be produced with reduced workload.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A couple of videos of the first corner with time marks:

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks so much for the extensive update, especially the 2 Racin USA DLC updates! I’m one very happy customer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I'm not asking for reiza to make a 1:1 copy of the real cars, of course, I just meant that I'd like if it looked more like what a team might want to actually use, for the sidepods at least. And I would not make big changes: just add the slots, make the intakes a bit smaller/thinner and make them less angled/more perpendicular to the airflow, that would also increase the undercut so two birds one stone. As much as I think this car has too much cooling exhausts I do like how it looks nevertheless.
    Well in most situations you don't see them passing by at 200mph+, you're actually seeing them from fairly close with the different driving cams, or photo mode even. Also for the wheel cover winglets, they are quite hard to miss, they are in front of the driver in fact.

16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like a nurburgring club layout (gp club + nords), plus the ability to bypass nords to access the pits from the gp section when on the combined layout. No one wants to drive around the entirity of nords with damage, but atm the pits are blocked off if you take damage on the gp loop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK73

CK73 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni

Hello I still have to get rid of some criticism. I really have a lot of understanding for your situation for your long time. I understand that you have to make money too.

But what I don't understand is that you always start new projects. And don't finish it. Now again Formula 1 2022 I just thought not again Formula Car.
    I don't really need it.

It's still the tracks packs
    Spa and Nürburgring to be completed with historic track layouts.
    Where people have already paid money. It's not quite fair to people.

At the end of last year you have a new car brand, Nissan, and you show a direct screenshot of the RC91 Group C. Many thought it would come soon. Because that was usually the case with you.

If my boss said to me Mr. K. Please finish this job. And then finish another job. Would I get really stressed with my boss.

You have no structure for me at the moment

I really, really, really understand what's going on with you at the moment. But you are not the only ones who are very worried about the pandemic and war.

• Disagree x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then you can imagine it is nice to be your own boss. Maybe you shouldn't reflect your work stress on a game and just enjoy what it does bring you.

Stay safe (and stocked for possible mischief)

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My two cents not knowing things for a fact.. Just spitballing here... (bearing in mind I am far more a fan of GT1s, Group Cs and fast tintops except GT3s...)
    So let's imagine that Reiza had some Nissan and/or Astons in the preparation since a while on speculation waiting only for the last legal paperworks to be readied and had a window of opportunity for release let's say in February or March..
    Maybe paperworks did not come on time or maybe war caught some of the developers in a dire condition and the owner of the company in need to shift his attention to immigrating one of them to Brazil, maybe (only maybe) that window of opportunity closed for one of those or any other reasons that couldn't be foreseen at the time of the teaser, compressed behind by the fact that the new Formula cars are debuting this spring and MUST be released in AMS2 concurrently because that is commercially critical leverage on the worldwide interest for the class, with being the first sim to drop them. After all, changes in F1 generations don't happen very often and there won't be another such opportunity until at least 2026.
    Also Reiza probably has another commercial need to keep being at the forefront of Stock Cars Brazil because that is core business for them and their Brazilian users.
    I'm no Einstein and I am not a marketing/commercial guy (I am a Project Manager in facts) but I can see the reasons why, IF the original window of opportunity for Aston-Nissan was lost for whatever reason, there was almost surely a hard limit behind that window with content that had to be delivered in a specific time for the sim and the company to take the advantage.

I struggle to see how grown people can't see this mechanism and instead decide to act like 3 years old children, when you tell them that their favorite activity is moved to the next day to make room for something else they usually like less.
    Then we can really dress this behavior with "consumer defense" or community management cloths but in the end this is what it is: irrational childish behavior.
    Rationally speaking, Aston-Nissan aren't going anywhere, they will be still in Reiza drawer (almost?) ready to go when the paperwork or whatever obstacle is resolved.
    Then I can definitely room for Reiza to up their game in the forum management and communication with having someone more dedicated to it than the boss himself who will be extremely busy with other stuff. But how is this going to change the almost self-evident facts above?

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

BTW, Nürburgring 1971. OMG o_O:D:p that will be cool!
    Check it out, … and the cars, :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1