1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Hey Mike - first of all, hi! You know me, I know you, we have talked before and always in friendly terms, as far as I´m aware there´s no reason for that to have changed nor to refer to each other as brand as though we haven´t :)

I get your objection - if one does an open ended criticism like that, it´s not surprising some people will take offense when it was not directed at them. But I should note that "typical" does not mean "all" - clearly there is great content on Youtube, and there is also quality punditry. I´d certainly include you in that bracket.

There is also lot of crap out there, and there is a lot of crap in sim racing coverage too - I don´t see what´s so egregious about calling that out. For all you (meaning your class) say you promote our products, you also monetize their existence so let´s not pretend this isn´t mutually beneficial. Dare I say it, as far as AMS2 is concerned it hasn´t been that beneficial (obviously not because of creators like yourself or GPLaps) - a lot of damage was and continue to be done to it, not because they are negative about it but because of the conclusions they reach about why that is. It´s not unfair to say youtubers often make money out of commenting on other people´s work and calling it bad when they think it is, so why shouldn´t we also be able to say when we think that is the case in our Youtube coverage? You can´t have your cake and eat it too mate, that seems to escape many people in your class.

Saying it again as this is often put down as us simply bitching about people making negative comments about AMS2 - any user, youtuber or not is entitled to criticise any given product, game or sim and say what they don´t like about it - the physics, the audio, the graphics, the multiplayer, or all of it. Both you and GPLaps do that in your videos including the one I linked to, and it´s all perfectly fair even when somewhat subjective, we constantly use them to gain perspective of what issues warrant the most attention - that´s an even better symbiotic relationship as far as I´m concerned.

It is when Youtubers who barely play it outside new releases add a dismissive tone to their commentary and try to give pseudo-technical explanations of "why" they think it´s bad, or comment on what they "think" the game or the developer is about when a lot of crap has and continue to be said. You all have access to the developers and use it to gain first looks, free samples and what not, why not use that to learn a little more so that at least your commentary on the matter (positive or negative) is a bit more educated? If one is not caring enough to do that, and keep exploring a game they already made clear they don´t appreciate to gain clicks and antagonize people that do enjoy it by calling them fanboys, then that´s not very cool and worth of being called out.

Again, one can´t have their cake and eat it too - if someone has a big platform on the internet, that has consequences beyond "one guy giving his opinion" - that unfortunately isn´t the world we live in anymore, influencers have way more pull than they should have in defining what reality is and when they are not being responsible about that power, they should be called out for not listening to Uncle Ben. One may punch recklessly if they will, but if they do they shouldn´t be surprised to be punched back surely?

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 34
    • Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

what about sebring and lemans (historic and current versions)?? It would be nice...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

that comparison doesnt even make sense. its about keeping classses in about the same timeframe.

Why is that so hard to grasp? I dont even wanna know what ****storm Reiza would receive if they just miss tiny pieces on the historic content, or mixed up the Indycars by year. Just as people would be complaning if a Mazda 787 would be added, cause its just not the same timeframe as the others.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Lemans is coming at some point, probably modern version. Historic, who knows maybe later (one can always dream).
    I would very much welcome Sebring but no words from the devs about possible future NA tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i agree with you Mike 100% but when this game came out and a man named jimmy "reviewed" it then just clearly hated it..picture all those new people typing in AMS2 review and that Video would be the first popping up doesn't help..BUT since then games in a way better place than it was.
    But i'm not big on review's i gotta get my hands on it first.
    The communitys im in only 2 run ams2 which is ashame :(

• Like Like x 6
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Would they though? I think everybody would be collectively loosing their sh*t on this forum to care if this car was added to older group c haha, people complained in the begining too at the Corvette GTP but it's forgotten now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, I don't think anyone considers you to be a "typical" youtuber. I hope you don't view yourself in that way.
    I don't want to speak for Renato but imagine how frustrating in must be for the amount of work his team has put in since AMS2 was released and still be called out for things that are clearly not true anymore.
    I see his comments more of defending his team that has put in countless hours to try and make something special for all of us to enjoy only to be torn down by those that are simply doing it for monetary gain or laziness. It is clear how much Renato respects and appreciates his employees and will go to bat for them when he feels they are being disrespected.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

like i said before any "youtuber" is allowed to criticize ams2, in sim racing the criticism is done on how a car feels, youtubers don't go into technical details as at the end of the day the "how" doesn't really matter as it's the end result of "feeling" that matters

if reiza really want to counter these opinions they should put effort into their own YouTube and social media channels and do dev blogs etc etc, technical "how this or that works" etc etc

you call youtubers lazy but reiza has zero youtube presence of their own and zero marketing on youtube of their own, so maybe it's also fair to call reizas public face as "lazy" as well?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It is, but how does that absolve Youtubers from doing some research into the things they want to talk about in their videos? Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WhippyWhip

what research is needed? sim racing is done on how a car feels, you don't need research to determine if a car feels good or not

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Another one added to the ignore list as they never have anything positive to say. Sounds like a GM fanboy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

to start with follow the instructions in the update log? Cancel the Documents folder when instructed to? Know the sim a minimum so as to realize if there is a bug that fits you with wet tires on a car you review for 30 minutes saying it is too slippery? Know where the telemetry tab is to understand if the car drives difficult because your tires are on fire? That level of stupidity has been really going on with pretty known YTers... I won't make names, but the AMS2 community knows full well who they are.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Even if I have the wrong channel, Serta and the guys at WromWrom deserve every weekly view they get. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. WhippyWhip

nice try

15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've taken a look at the Championship mode and a few notes:

1) '90s GT championship should now get the historic version of Cascais instead of current
    2) Formula Classic Gen1 Championship should get:
    - the historic version of Cascais instead of current
    - the historic version of Jerez instead of current
    3) Stock Car Brazil 2017 is missing Buenos Aires No.9 (originally, of course, it wasn't available)
    4) Stock Car Brazil 2017 has 2019 cars. I guess that's probably because 2017 liveries are not possible.
    5) I wonder what the reason is to not have the 2018 & 2019 championship (as all tracks, including Campo Grande are in the game), especially as 2019 cars and skins are in the game. Wouldn't it makes sense to have the 2019 championship with all pieces being present!?

Maybe there are good reasons for all of this. These are just my observations that I wanted to point out.

Maybe make the changes to the championships in release candidate with a warning that they will become part of official release at end of May?

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dolph

GM is entitled to his opinions, but remember: he is voluntarily putting it out there. Everyone is also entitled to say what they think about his opinions. Especially if his opinions do not seem genuine or are misinformed or seem to be construed due to malicious reasons.

I think your defense of GM is misguided. For some reason you do not see it yourself. But we see it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. WhippyWhip

i agree, gm can criticize the game and the devs are free to criticize his opinion, but in my opinion when they call all them youtubers lazy, misinformed etc etc they should look at themselves and see just how lazy their own public face has been, they have zero youtube presence themselves and zero information out there about how the technicals of the game works, all the time they have zero public face themselves it's a bit rich to call bad opinions on youtube lazy and misinformed, the way to counter opinions the devs disagree with or think are wrong is to do things like Aris does with ACC, he has very good technical streams about the way the game works, that also doubles as marketing

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dolph

That doesn't excuse uploading videos on youtube to earn money by spreading misinformation and damaging other people's reputation and their product. I'm actually surprised Reiza isn't suing some of these content creators for the lies.

Everyone is accountable for what they themselves do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It's more interesting that last comments...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

he never took his fame and fortune well and also seems very unstable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2