1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

Wish there was some info about Racin' USA Bonus part, but nontheless that report is promising. Especially the part about improving netcode.

2. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

opinions are not misinformation, no matter how much you disagree with them

• Disagree Disagree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Yes, yes they are.

If you give a opinion based on wrong premises, it is misinformation and damaging.

See how many people still claims AMS2 feels like PCars 2, despite that NOT being the case at all. A single race session on both games back-to-back should've clarified that.

Why are you being stubborn to understand that?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For some reason defending a Reiza hater is a hill he will die on in the AMS2 forum. Go figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

Youtuber said the food was bad and reiza said it was cooked the wrong way.
    I don't know why reiza is angry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RockettSally

Honestly, I'm sad that this thread derailed because of the "YouTube thingy".

But I get the frustration. See how [the current other sim] received a huge physics update and everyone is praising it and going into details on it, even as far as instructing the deletion of Document Files and Setup Resets (now, where have I seen that before).

Meanwhile, when AMS2 does the same thing, the [simracing circlejerk community] jumps on the attack hate-train and claims Reiza is lazy, uncapable and other negative adjectives here.

But, word to the wise, @Renato Simioni I get your frustration but avoid these comments, the more we touch on the subject, the worse it gets as it'll drag more and more and the harder it'll be to win the hearts and minds of those who've criticized you and the team on the past, or even new fans.

I know you've been dealing with that for the past 10 years, but AMS2 is way bigger than GSCE or AMS1 for that matter, and repercussions are much more damaging to all parties.

Prove them wrong with v1.5 update! Prove them wrong with these passionate Dev Updates.

Best regards from Curitiba!

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. WhippyWhip

the fact you think opinions are misinformation says it all really, by definition an opinion cannot be misinformation, it's really quite worrying that anyone can think otherwise

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. RockettSally

One of the reasons I love Madness Engine was because of the tech talk about SETA and Real Weather back in the day. I remember fondly the Daytona dynamic weather thing where one part of the track was dry and other was wet.

Mind-blowing

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. WhippyWhip

i don't hate reiza at all, the game has massive potential actually if they ever get multiplayer working in an acceptable manor

but i will always defend anyone in their right to have an opinion no matter what side of the argument they are on, especially when nonsense like misinformation is trying to be claimed

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. RockettSally

"In my opinion, AMS2 is never going to reach its full potential because of the Madness Engine that is fundamentally broken"

Misinformation on an opinion piece, see?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. WhippyWhip

the quote is an opinion, it CANNOT be misinformation because it's an OPINION !
    do you not understand language?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"My opinion is your brains aren't right".
    Where does the freedom of opinion ends? It ends where you have no knowledge and/or prove of what you are stating. And so is for the majority of the statements from GM and JB.
    We should really close the subject, because the more we talk about certain people the more we advertise them and certainly they don't deserve it given the quality of the production.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Artremis

Artremis New Member

Bit of a shame that the IndyCar licensing didn't work out, but glad all that work didn't go to waste. Just wanna ask something, if I already have the Premium Track Pack but not the 2020-22 Season Pass, do I get Barcelona? There was some confusion over this a few months ago because of the Steam description saying there would be a 6th upcoming track, but then it was clarified that there wasn't one with the description now making no mention of the 6th track, and now the dev update seems to imply it's actually included.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Just did a quick google so we can go full meta.

upload_2023-5-1_19-39-23.png Research Guides: Misinformation - Get the Facts: What is Misinformation?

https://www.producer.com/opinion/misinformation-label-often-used-to-dismiss-others-opinions/

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I don´t think you get the discussion taking place, and in your analogy I´m afraid you are the customer who doesn´t like the food and yet keeps coming back for more - here, let me help you out showing you the door.

• Funny x 26
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  16. RockettSally

LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I have no intention to make this a bigger deal than it really is, but I do think it´s a valid criticism, and I´ve explained thoroughly why I think that is. Luckily I´ve been very deliberate about setting up a business in which we can get by without any pandering we don´t feel is warranted, so there´s no need to lose sleep if someone makes it into something that it isn´t.

Now if we may let´s all please get back on topic.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Speak for yourself bro, I’ve always hated and always will avoid multiplayer racing. I have no interest in racing other people nor engaging in the social aspect that goes with it. Give me good AI and I can race whenever I want, wherever I want and however I want.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

It's a very interesting insight, so if I correctly understand you had to work from the beginning with a bugged physics model and now you managed to do all the bugfixing and clean up? Considering how good your Reiza pack in rf2 i was sure there must have been something weird in the physics engine. I am glad you found out and waiting for 1.5!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I find that a lot of youtubers who are critical of AMS2 (not all of them) are just fanboys of other racing sims who have no desire to be open minded enough to accept different racing platforms which dare stray from the standard they set based on their favorite sim. I cringe whenever people put AMS2 down because it doesn’t have the same physics as another sim, like who the hell said THAT sim is the standard for realism? Plus the fact that many of these people don’t bother spending 5 minutes of research to understand that AMS2 is NOTHING like PC2. So whenever I see a YouTube title “AMS2 is it worth it?” or any other pre-judgmental trash title like that, with some dude sitting in front of a $4,000 racing rig, I don’t even bother clicking.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1