1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IMHO it is exactly the opposite: where there is little front grip people resort to throw the rear out instead of driving slower because it pays off. So the solution is not taking away more front grip which will only compound the situation, it is preventing throwing the rear out from being a viable strategy because you won't lose forward traction by doing so at the moment.
    Take away the forward traction and users will be forced to go around the corner and slower rather than driving like a rally stage.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

There isn't too much frontend grip for other reasons. Also, drifting is quite normal with old RWD cars. Anyone who has driven real life RWD, FWD or 4WD cars (old and new) will know the difference

3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the people that say that there is too much front grip, sometimes when you feel you are too fast mid corner you can just turn the wheel more and the car will just turn, the only thing that happens is that the outside front tire gets hot, there is no understeer or loss of speed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People should drive the classic DTMs more, none of the problems mentioned are there :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I indeed drive they alot and they arent one of the problematic cars :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

I remember Project Cars 2 and how that changed from a fun game to downright unplayable due to whoever hat influence at the forums. GT3 class in PC2 became downright unplayable after a couple of patches, while it was outstanding at launch. i think Reiza has it all figured out though, and maybe its more of a personal preference that some want a more challenging car, but they are still available all over the game.

modern cars already cater to the pay drivers, so they arent that challenging to begin with.

btw 18 Days till N24h, and 39 Days till LM24

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is because the rear allows you to do so: the result of giving a big heap of steering input is the rear going around faster.
    There is two ways to induce yaw in a car: having the front extremely powerful or having the rear extremely weak. What we see is that no matter how much steering input we give, the rear will step slowly and not lose traction. That is why you have the feeling that there is too much front end. In reality it is the rear end ceding. That is also why some perceive this "pivoting" of the car.
    Everyone is very focused on the front because we control the steering wheel and believes the front has so much grip, but actually, as the video showed, it is the rear allowing far too much slip angle so that it literally drifts around the corner and it does it more the faster you give a big gulp of steering input.
    The proof is that if you drive the M1 normally the car isn't naturally oversteering, quite understeering in facts. It won't drift unless you give it a deliberate abnormally high steering input and cause the rear to drift out.
    Once you start drifting the car however, the situation changes as anyone could see.
    But the problem isn't front authority, it is the rear that will allow huge slip angles (and therefore huge yaw rates) maintaining propulsion forward.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree I’d rather have Sonoma or even better Sebring

but any new track is a welcome addition in my book, even COTA

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The more the merrier

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pandytim99

I suggested a Japanese dlc once and obviously it include this track, alongside Fuji and Montegi and some super GT cars

who knows maybe one day we might get it or not lol

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

I think the latest BTCC rf2 cars and the StockcarX are the reference for how the tires should behave. At the limit of grip, especially on bumps, you can r really feel the tire scrubbing and fighting to keep in contact with the asphalt and the ffb can exactly reproduce this feeling.
    I know I am an rf2 fan boy but I'd like to fall in love with ams2 as well ❤️‍

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Pandytim99

Guess you didn’t read my comment lol

Maybe someone could convert the Aston GTE from Pcars 3 so we can have the modern one or we can wait if reiza will finally show some updates on the Aston licensing

I think he is referring to a very specific channel that it’s always overly negative about anything that isn’t Ac1 or iRacing

but I can understand your frustration there

Fair enough I can agree with that

If you are making a video to inform ppl about a particular subject you HAVE TO RESEARCH that said subject.

It’s not that hard even an idiot like myself with minimal YouTube experience and awful video editing skills can do that on my irrelevant Brazilian channel that gets like 10 views in average.

if I can do it I’m sure a YouTuber with thousands of subscribers can do the same yet channels like GM don’t even try and blame “motion sickness” or car “not feeling same as in AC1” and jimmy don’t touch the game for more than a year but in a tier list he will give outdated info of the game and call it “Simcade” and those channels do have influence on a lot of ppl opinions.

Alright mate than in my opinion gravity is fake and the earth is flat.

opinion isn’t misinformation am I right?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2023
  13. Lele

Lele New Member

14. Pandytim99

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Brabham BT2 - Wikipedia
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Pandytim99

Sorry for adding more flame to the fire I got a bit emotional here

Come on bruh there’s no need to be toxic with Mike he’s one of the good ones

That’s something I’m very interested about

I’m also considering making a thread reviewing the damage model of each car as I think damage is a important element to the immersion in sim titles

should I do it?

I think it’s possible to disable it on multiplayer races correct me if I’m wrong

Those bad boys are pure fun

I need to give them more shots after I start getting bored with the mods I installed

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t know if you’ve made a choice on the subject @Renato Simioni but have you decided on opening the Reiza backing?

• Like Like x 4
  18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Why not? You're on a roll....;)

19. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

I agree, the M3 is maybe the best car in the whole game right now.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

btw. new footage online even driving this bimmer wrong, so kick me or ban Reiza, but thx for much fun in all the years

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1