Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Competition semy slicks I think

2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

See for yourself: Lamborghini Super Trofeo Tires

Of course, all this tire talk is somewhat irrelevant until V1.5 and its heirs arrive.

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@TomLehockySVK in AMS 1 there's an option to toggle on 'Towing' lets say if you go to T1 and press ESC. You've to wait a couple of minutes in the garage. You've to wait lesser to more close you're to the finishline. I like this feature lots. In MP it can be a tad frustrating if someone takes you out, but that's realism as well. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

The Brabham, I think Renato or Crimson said it uses semi-slicks

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It has semi-slicks. But have you driven the car in AMS2 actually?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

I’m really glad to know I’m not the only one that does this! It might be exaggerated from me, but in fact since the rFactor days I had made a small table on excel to calculate the severity of impact based on speed of impact , impact angle and impact surface ( ex tire barrier / guard rail / concrete wall etc), with different repair times depending on severity . So looking the replay of the accident I could calculate if it was a small time on pits to repair, an end of session damage or even weekend end damage. This also forced me to try reduce as much as possible the impact when it was inevitable to try to minimize repair time. It used to work well, even if it’s very simplistic and based only on my perceptions. Maybe Reiza wiz programmers would be able to add this hardcore option for us? This would probably be kindergarten stuff for them to conceive and implement !

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

If I am going to have to sit, in VR and look at a screen counting down for 10 minutes while a imaginary truck tows my imaginary car back to pits and that is considered realistic then on something like hot cars and DTM, changing your setup should make you miss Q altogether and if gear ratios and suspension were changed, you wouldn't even be in the race.

It would be totally boring, but hey, that's realism as well.

8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is actually a Soon(tm) Feature in that space ;)

Bit of a wierd one that and a little unexpected but is resolved internally and will be in the next beta

Judging by AMS1 it won't make any difference to what people run at all. People run whatever makes them fastest because the name in lights is all that truly matters on leaderboards. Hundreds of boards there with times in the top 10 with aids enabled in various mixes.

I'm not saying making it known would be a bad thing but I don't think your assertion that people's choice of aids would change holds up.

Only in countries that don't drive on the correct side of the road :p

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Dave Stephenson yeah, no, yeah. Well, it was told me the lefthand of Senna bascially made him control the car better, cause it his preferred arm, so he doesn't use his dominant arm to shift. I noticed this when I am racing as well, since I am lefthanded too. I can control the car much better when shifting.

@Bizarre Formula Well, it's an option you can select. Meanwhile you can tweak the car or have a pee break, or watch some adultmovies or so :p

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I cannot remember exactly as it was when I was an iRacing member but as I recall when you get damaged your car much you could choose between instantly porting to pit or towing.
    Towing took longer than instant pitting BUT the repair took shorter.
    Ahh reading this I could be wrong - probably a damaged memory block:whistle:

11. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

@Bizarre Formula Well, it's an option you can select. Meanwhile you can tweak the car or have a pee break, or watch some adultmovies or so :p[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just being silly I never object to options being available so long as it doesn't affect others' ability to choose.

I was mainly poking fun at this common idea that in lower forms of motorsport doing setups on the fly at a track, on your own, in 2 minutes is realistic. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Apologies ... I thought you were referring to the Lamborghini's tires.

13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Speaking of qualifying - Parc Fermé rules should be an ON / OFF setting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Does that mean new UI or MECHANICo_O

15. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

its on street tyres
    yes i have, and its pretty slippery, but i think there isnt really much to do for Reiza to turn it into a Spec Racer by just adding slicks.

16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's on semi slick as Reiza already clarified, not on normal street tires.
    You can also compare lap times with other "full racing" cars and see where the BT62 stands and draw the consequences...
    Just to give a bit of a more visual meaning. These are semi-slick tires from Avon.
    Road legal, yes. Assuming you would want to drive a car with such tires under any raining condition on the streets..
    Avon road legal semi slicks | Westermann GmbH Motorsport – official Partner of Caterham Cars & Cosworth

[​IMG]

17. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

this is the race car on Slicks, yes in game its semi slick, thats my point. The car needs Slicks and its a beast[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Wasnt it this car that was released in AMS2 with slicks then it was changed to the current tires?
    If I'm not mistaken it had grip for days on slicks, if Reiza made a subclass with it with some proper race liveries and slicks it would be killer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It never had slicks in the game. A change for tire texture might've happened but it was never released with slicks on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Brabham bt62 is a track-only car (read: race car but not homologated) but Reiza put it on semi-slicks to make it slightly less OP compared to Mclaren Senna. IMO they should be in seperate classes, with the Senna GTR to oppose the BT62, and the BT62R (road version) competing with the Senna.

[​IMG]