1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Enlighten us?

2. Pocket

Pocket New Member

Slightly off topic but why is there no news/mention of DLC Adrenaline pack?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Things will be shared when the appropriate moment is there surely. It's still on track so no worries! :)

• Like Like x 14
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Pocket

Pocket New Member

I’m not worried about delay and would rather time be spent perfecting it but was release Q1 2023 an official REIZA statement or just media speculation?

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There isn't any definitive release schedule yet, i quote Renato here:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Pocket

Pocket New Member

Ok, thanks for pointing that out

7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone is making an amr23 mod for ams2, but its not ready. It will probably do the rounds when it is released.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Laulenture

Oh that's great! Can I ask who?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.Carassi

S.Carassi Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 Mods!!! thread, page 41 and 42 (@KRRTDustin)
    I think that's the mod you are looking for :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Laulenture

Thanks mate, looks like there will be more to come after this one too

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes there are also little things that would bring a lot, which were already present in pCARS2, like such TT information

12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use AC exclusively to drive road cars on highway with traffic mods

you have to do so much stuff just to get the game to work not only installing a ton of mods but also managing them that is quite exaustive at times

on AMS 2 is easy to set up a race how I want and just have fun, hell even rF2 is easier (despite the many issues the game have)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience the only thing that is easier in AMS2 compared to AC and rF2 is to host a "server". All the rest is basically the same thing.

Except mods, which today is by far the worst.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand the complaint at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I partially agree with this statement... It takes too much to set up and even when it is set up I get a lot of weird glitches when I do league races in it, especially in the last 6 months or so... So I've just stopped trying...

But it's certainly not just for driving road cars on Highway and traffic mods... That's only been in the last year that traffic has even been a thing...

There's still plenty of league racing going on, in fact a lot of leagues are dropping ACC and going back to AC...

15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think in my case is that AMS2 is the easiest of all the modern sims in getting a full feature experience ( weather, real driver names and performances, excellent track choices, mechanical failures, etc) to get those in AC for example you need a lot of plugins, shaders etc, and even then they might not work, not to mention getting the AI drivers to perform like their real counterparts is a hassle, with all the ballast and power restriction you have to do.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hm, I see... though to me it has always been a simple drag & drop into CM, maybe tick some boxes and I'm ready to go. But yeah, I can see your point anyway.

Regarding AI, all of them suck imho. Even iRacing's AI which was talked highly of. I recently renewed my subscription and gave it a try with the W13. All of them are extremely predictable and not human-like at all. The only two upsides compared to AMS2 AI are: (i) they don't brake check you at very odd places; and (ii) their cars at least look like (not necessarily do) run on the same physics as the player.

17. Pandytim99

before traffic I used to only use AC for Hotlaping and again on road cars

leagues well, I never done league racing specially when it includes paid mods (cuz as a Brazilian paying anything in euros or usd will go more expensive so I can’t buy as many mods as I wanted)

18. Pandytim99

always wanted to try iRacing but it’s too expensive for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pandytim99

About IA the ones the I like the most (at least on the sims I tried) was ams 2 and rF2

on ams 2 i do like most of their behavior, and I like the race dynamics changing when one of them have a engine failure or when they do some mistakes (specially the small ones like putting a bit more throttle on the corner and having a small slide) it made them look a bit more “human” despite running on different physics

RF2 ai is quite “sentimental” there are cases (which of course can change depending on the track car combo) where the rf2 ai is quite impressive, driving on different lines battling each other, I remember when I was running GT3 at donington(the mod track not the official one) I was seeing the ai battling constantly and when I tried diving on the inside of a radical GT3 he properly defended it which quite surprised and impressed me, but then I tried running an endurance race on Le Mans and the ai couldn’t complete 2 laps without bringing a FCY and recently in portimao they did the funny pile up, then I switched to Long Beach and had a great IMSA experience, every time you try a race there you basically spin a “lucky wheel” and you’ll either have a fantastic race of a pile up/silly FCY

oh and on multiclass on practice sessions or qualy the AI is quite murderous lol

20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I noticed these days that making a custom AI file really makes a difference in AMS2, I did one for the GT1 class because I was finding their racing... lacking.
    So I just took a bunch of random values from the Indy mod, and now the AI racing is much more dynamic, they actually try and pass ench other, they still bunch up a bit in groups but it's better. I notice that in some categories the AI behaviours are better, just wish there was maybe some more tought put in the AI values without having to edit it to make it better most of the time. The AI is not perfect for sure but there is potential.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1